It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Landing Hoax - The Space Suit

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

Yeah.....funny that....some "science"......and yet, we STILL have some people who can't understand the science...

.....BEYOND the fact that the "premise" of this OP is based on "The Space Suit" (I mean......it's in the freakin' title!)

Once again....(and to shout)...ONCE AGAIN!!

EVA suits, whether in the Apollo era...or even the Gemini era (please, look it up!!)....up to to modern era.....

....EVA suits are "not" a way to "try" this silly Moon "hoax" nonsense........

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

So a photo obviously taken with a wide angle lens that is known to distort perspective (the stuffed astronaut is about half the distance from the camera that the hatch is) is to be taken as proof that none of the Apollo missions actually took place?
So this isn't just clutching at straws now that all the other so called conspiracy theories have been debunked several trillion times is it?
edit on 7-4-2012 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

BACK TO YOUR OPENING POST.....

...Could you please, LEARN some science????

I mean......just TRY to comprehend how it works???

There are people up there RIGHT NOW!!!! People who are alive, in orbit......people who are alive today PARTLY because of Apollo....and Gemini....and Mercury.....and ALL...I mean ALL of the others before THEM!!!!!!

Geeze!!!!

Do some damn RESEARCH!!!!

(I shout at those who wallow in the shallow end of the "knowledge pool"........).....SWIM out, into the "deep end".....

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird
(I shout at those who wallow in the shallow end of the "knowledge pool"........).....SWIM out, into the "deep end".....

I think they'd probably drown if they did

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by toocoolnc

Guess what?

you can might never be Astronaut "material".....

Sorry.......if you cannot understand the basics....then, you cannot even (I am guessing) even learn to fly....which is ONE prerequisite to to be an Astronaut.........(you can start there....OR.....earn a PhD....and THEN "apply".....).....

Have AT IT!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

As for Ed Nixon: he went to work for Bellcom in the mid-1950's. Are you suggesting he was planted there half a decade before NASA even existed

Even if there was nepotism involved, and you have not proven that there was, you have merely suggested it, that does not mean the Moon Landings were a hoax.

The doctor chosen to select the first astronauts had security clearance? I'm shocked. In 1960, they should have hired a card carrying member of the Communist Party in order to look progressive.

How would you read them?

You see, this is where the Moon Hoax always falls apart. In order to make the "scam" work, NASA had to hire real engineers to build and launch a rocket capable of delivering a payload to the Moon.

Now, I ask you, why would anyone spend all that time and money on a complicated system that could actually fly people to the Moon, then not use it for its intended purpose? Well?

edit on 7-4-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

Is saying half a decade spin for 5 yeras??

I leave the nepitism in your quote to go along with the "follow the money" statement I will conclude with.

Your statement about the Communist party being progressive says it all about you.

Your answer to WELL? is follow the MONEY!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

BACK TO YOUR OPENING POST.....

...Could you please, LEARN some science????

Could you please LEARN to read?

As i have stated many many pages ago, i understand as to how the science works regarding the space suit thanks to many poeple who have contributed to this thread.

There are people up there RIGHT NOW!!!! People who are alive, in orbit......people who are alive today PARTLY because of Apollo....and Gemini....and Mercury.....and ALL...I mean ALL of the others before THEM!!!!!!

Please quote me as to where i said that man has never been to orbit? It would be absurd to believe that man could not travel into orbit.

I am BEGGING you to either bring something that is coherent to the topic ---- or else, bow out.

The thread is titled "moon landing hoax - The space suit"

If you can read then you would understand that the space suit has been debunked and we are now on the topic regarding the "moon landing hoax"

In you own words " either bring something that is coherent to the topic ---- or else, bow out"

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagewerx
reply to post by Ove38

So a photo obviously taken with a wide angle lens that is known to distort perspective (the stuffed astronaut is about half the distance from the camera that the hatch is) is to be taken as proof that none of the Apollo missions actually took place?

No, the Apollo missions took place, without any astronaut going to the moon. The lunar landing modules were unmanned. Like the Gagarin capsule was unmanned. It was all a cold war bluff.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Ove38 because: Text fix

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Why would China put a rover (Chang'e 3) that looks just like USSRs Lunokhod rover on the moon. If it's possible to just duplicate what USA allegedly did a long time ago and drive around in moon buggies ?

Chang'e 3

edit on 7-4-2012 by Ove38 because: link fix

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ove38

Because it costs a LOT less to send a robotic rover, that requires no life support, food or water? Because the science they want to do does not require a live human being to actually be there?

Because you need to learn to walk before you try to run?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Nor do I disagree with the O.P but, youtubeing Cooper and Mitchells discussions on E.Ts is very important, to anyone wanting to know about the Moon.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by Ove38

Because it costs a LOT less to send a robotic rover,...

China is an extremely wealthy country.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ove38

reply to post by Ove38

Perhaps they are wealthy because they don't spend money where they do not need to. Like sending up a manned spacecraft, when all they need is a rover.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Ove38

LOL China's GDP is WAY below the US....

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I love reading the moon hoax threads. It just amazes me how many conspiracies revolve around NASA and none of them seem to be based in facts.

1. The Nazi's have a moon base on the dark side of the moon.
2. The US has bases on the moon and Mars.
3. The US went to the moon, but only to find ancient alien artifacts.
4. The US went to the moon, but only to meet with our alien overlords.
5. No one can survive the radiation so we couldn't possibly have put a man on the moon.
6. The moon is actually an ancient sattelite used by our alien overlords as a base of operations.
7. A man in a space suit wouldn't be able to move due to the vacuum of space.

I'm sure there are many others that I can't remember, but which is the true conspiracy? Seems to me that if upwards of 100,000 people worked on the space program during the '60's someone would have some actual evidence of the above claims. So far, I've heard from no credible whislte-blowers or seen any tangible evidence.

I have seen a lot of conjecture, paranoia about the gov't, guesswork, pseudo-science and gut feelings, but no evidence. Again, love reading, watching and listening to these theories, keep 'em coming!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Space suits have worked well for Russians and Americans. I don't believe that technology is suspect. The biggest argument supporting a hoax is that no one, from any country, has made it back to the moon since Apollo. Technology, in terms of computers and materials, is far more advanced now than it was in the 1960s. Did Apollo circle the moon? Without doubt. Did astronauts actually land and return to the orbiting capsule? That is the question. I still believe we did land, as I do not think all the astronauts would have been able to lie for decades. The cost of the Apollo program was relatively minor, less than we are wasting on the JSF. So, lets go back to the moon. Could we do it in 8 years like in the 1960's? Is that an argument that the moon landings were a hoax, or an argument that we have totally dumbed down as a society?
India proved there is water on the moon, and they did it for very little money. Since there is substantial water on the moon, it is possible to build a sustainable base there.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Matt1951

I think the reason(s) that we haven't been back is due more about cost than anything else. Countries don't have the financial resources that they once did. Why spend trillions to basically pick up rocks, we have plenty here. Unmanned rovers are cheaper and can do all of the experiments needed.

It could also be that the alien overlords don't want a bunch of humans moving into the neighborhood and lowering the property values.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

You are WICKED ironic....(I hope)????

(if not....please enjoy this musical interlude (record it and use it for Human procreation purposes, if need be:

Have "fun"!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by toocoolnc
reply to post by strafgod

Yes i do recall that the moon has a slight atmosphere. Regardless; NASA still contradict themselves with their statements.

So, we are supposed to believe that NASA would concoct this elaborate scheme, including publishing detailed documents that are all made up!? If it was a hoax, it would make more sense that NASA would keep ALL documents Top Secret so no one could find errors in their plan. I don't know fellas, this is a real reach.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Why would China put a rover (Chang'e 3) that looks just like USSRs Lunokhod rover on the moon. If it's possible to just duplicate what USA allegedly did a long time ago and drive around in moon buggies ?

Chang'e 3

edit on 7-4-2012 by Ove38 because: link fix

Can you make the sky black and the dirt/ground grey in this pic so we can compare to moon photos.

Luckily for them the space suits have air cooling in them otherwise they would be roasting in the desert wearing those...

:-)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join