It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pulitzer Winning Author Sues Obama Administration Over the NDAA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So why is this not on the MSM and how is it that most Americans know nothing about the NDAA? Also, how is it that so many Americans don't know that the Obama Admin is being sued over the NDAA?

A statement in the video below lays out the idea that journalists can be swept up under the NDAA simply by inciting people to stand against the NDAA. This would be a reason it's not being reported and screamed from the roof tops I believe. Fear.

Obama: "I’ll sign this into law, but I promise I won’t use it."
(That’s how stupid your President thinks you are.)

www.dvorak.org...

The controversial legislation, signed into law by Obama on New Years Eve, allows American citizens to be abducted and held in a detention camp anywhere in the world without trial under section 1031. Although Obama indicated in a signing statement attached to the bill that he would not use it to indefinitely detain American citizens, it was the Obama administration itself that requested the provision be worded so it would apply to US citizens.

This is such an eye opening video that lays out what exactly can be done using the force of the NDAA on the American people. In a nutshell, anyone can be taken off the streets, detained etc simply by "creating" a reason to do so. Have a look at the 3 minute mark where the ambiguous language is discussed.

Chris Hedges: "No Outcry Within Media" on NDAA

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Make that thing a class action and count me in

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Gotta love RT.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I've talked to a number of people about the NDAA and they look at me like I'm crazy; like I must have mis-heard or misunderstood. I've had a couple of people laugh it off with a remark like, "If that's true, then how come I haven't heard about it on the news or read about in the papers?"

I'd like to respond with: "Because you're an idiot, and you don't read anything in the papers but the Entertainment page and the funnies. And because your idea of the 'news' is Good Morning America! Dimwit."

End of rant. Anyway, thanks. I'll keep an eye on this....

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909
Make that thing a class action and count me in

The classiest action that could be taken is a million man march in protest and demands for Barry to step down.

But no. So many people don't even know what is going on around them that it'll never happen.

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think the answer for why this isn't really mentioned in the news is as simple as it is scary. When the NDAA was signed...certain politicians...made sure everyone far and wide heard the soundbites saying it did nothing at all nasty to Americans.

The fact that isn't accurate makes NO difference as I've found the hard way in discussions with people in the real world. There really is something to repeating a line of garbage enough times and seeing it become accepted..at least in a general way and that's enough.
If I hear one more time that there was nothing at all in the final version that could be used very VERY badly against American civilians, I'll scream. I really will.

'Read the bill' can replace 'pics or it didn't happen' for the naysayers. Thomas.gov is the site for every bill even proposed as a serious suggestion for a law. It shows the summary, FULL text and history of action with names and dates for which member of Congress supported or did what when.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think the answer for why this isn't really mentioned in the news is as simple as it is scary. When the NDAA was signed...certain politicians...made sure everyone far and wide heard the soundbites saying it did nothing at all nasty to Americans.

The fact that isn't accurate makes NO difference as I've found the hard way in discussions with people in the real world. There really is something to repeating a line of garbage enough times and seeing it become accepted..at least in a general way and that's enough.
If I hear one more time that there was nothing at all in the final version that could be used very VERY badly against American civilians, I'll scream. I really will.

'Read the bill' can replace 'pics or it didn't happen' for the naysayers. Thomas.gov is the site for every bill even proposed as a serious suggestion for a law. It shows the summary, FULL text and history of action with names and dates for which member of Congress supported or did what when.

Kinda like "Nothing to see here, move along" and they move because they were told there is nothing to see.

If you keep getting told that everything is ok, you start to believe it because the alternative is just too much to comprehend for most. They don't want to believe that their beloved Barry is moving towards dictatorship.

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ya know what, Jude? I don't have the slightest clue, anymore. None. I come here just to see the handful of others who are relatively awake to this walking freak-show. I've looked over past articles and videos that I've saved, and I keep coming to the conclusion that the insanity being foisted upon us is nothing new, only bigger and more frequent.

Nothing of value to add to your post. Of course, it should be of primary concern to both those who proclaim to be journalists, and those who seek journalists out for perspectives on events.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedJuan
I keep coming to the conclusion that the insanity being foisted upon us is nothing new, only bigger and more frequent.

And soon it will be obvious to all but it will then be too late to stop anything. I believe that day is fast approaching.

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedJuan
I keep coming to the conclusion that the insanity being foisted upon us is nothing new, only bigger and more frequent.

And soon it will be obvious to all but it will then be too late to stop anything. I believe that day is fast approaching.

Peace

They wont ever get that far. Chaos has a way of balancing out excessive order.

Good thread Jude.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Oh look at that, a guy who still thinks the media is impartial and unbiased! How quaint! Media = government spin machine.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Oh look at that, a guy who still thinks the media is impartial and unbiased! How quaint! Media = government spin machine.

Actually, he doesn't. That's the content of the vid.

He is stating quite emphatically that the MSM is exactly what you are saying. A Govt. tool.

Peace

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have my shoes on. When do we start?

The reason the politicians don't do anything is because the law protects them from us.

Protest too near the Secret Service (S.S.) and you can be put away.
Protest too near the Capitol, you can be put away.
Protest near an abortion clinic, you can be put away.
Read a Bible on the street, you can be put away.
Post something Arizona doesn't like, you can be put away,

They're coming to take me away...

edit on 6-4-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Its hard telling people about that kind of stuff, they act like they dont beleive me and Ill admit IT DOESNT SOUND REAL, BUT IT IS...Sorry Obama lovers, He made the vp of monsanto the senior advisor of the FDA,,do we really want a president like that ...?,...not me.......Paul ONLY

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Even worse than SOPA: New CISPA cybersecurity bill will censor the Web.... So here they go again looks as if they are determined to censor the web... NDAA & CISPA ....don't they look lovely together....

this post is from daveyboy1991 ...

CISPA allows Internet Service Providers to “funnel private communications and related information back to the government without adequate privacy protections and controls.
The bill does not specify which agencies ISPs could disclose customer data to, but the structure and incentives in the bill raise a very real possibility that the National Security Agency or the DOD’s Cybercommand would be the primary recipient,” reads the warning.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Save the Internet from the US
AVAAZ has an action link on their front page (link below), it's cool to see all the people from different countries around the world signing on to declare opposition to this new attempt.... boy they just don't give up.....

Looks like like Spain, Italy Germany and Brazil are the biggest signers right now, but have seen USA, Canada, India, Pakistan, Austria, Switzerland, Argentina, Finland, Estonia, Lithiuania, Mexico, Australia, UK, Mozambique, Greece,Netherlands,Ireland, UAE amoungst others... just great to see the word is getting out.

www.avaaz.org...

new topics

top topics

join