It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amendments to the U.S. Constitution to Grant Legislative Powers to the Citizens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Finally, some documentation that makes sense!

Introduction: The Citizens Vote will serve to ensure that the voices and desires of the citizens within the union exert a direct influence on the laws upon which the people are governed. Citizens of the union will clearly realize the countless bills refused or delivered to properly reflect the will of the people. The Citizens Vote will provide the mechanism by which the citizens will grow more secure due to their increased knowledge and influence in matters affecting them. It will rapidly be exposed as the path to healing that the union has envisioned.

PDF Document here

Ok, so now let's hear 50 copycat arguments from "smart" people who say the citizens are too "stupid" to participate... otherwise, let's have some real debate.

edit on 5-4-2012 by DeReK DaRkLy because: ...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

The federal Constitution guarantees every state in the union a republican form of government, not a direct democracy. This was done so to prevent the tyranny of the majority from trampling all over the rights of others, regardless of how profoundly intelligent they may be.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

This was done so to prevent the tyranny of the majority from trampling all over the rights of others

Yet, it is the lesser evil between that and the tyranny of the minority rich.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

This was done so to prevent the tyranny of the majority from trampling all over the rights of others

Yet, it is the lesser evil between that and the tyranny of the minority rich.

Marxism was never drafted into the Constitution and any Amendment attempting to do so would never stand Constitutional muster.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Finally, some documentation that makes sense!

Introduction: The Citizens Vote will serve to ensure that the voices and desires of the citizens within the union exert a direct influence on the laws upon which the people are governed. Citizens of the union will clearly realize the countless bills refused or delivered to properly reflect the will of the people. The Citizens Vote will provide the mechanism by which the citizens will grow more secure due to their increased knowledge and influence in matters affecting them. It will rapidly be exposed as the path to healing that the union has envisioned.

PDF Document here

Ok, so now let's hear 50 copycat arguments from "smart" people who say the citizens are too "stupid" to participate... otherwise, let's have some real debate.

The major problem with politicians lies in the fact the original intent was to have a single person represent the wishes of large groups of his/her constituents.
However this long was abandoned due to the fact the people represented, "just didn't understand", politospeak for 'too stupid'.
Now most are bought and paid for and vote not the opinion of the people, or their own, but their opinion has been purchased.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Marxism was never drafted into the Constitution and any Amendment attempting to do so would never stand Constitutional muster.

The Constitution is under attack every day, has already been violated in atrocious ways, and furthermore, I am not suggesting that this idea will ever come about through the system as it is currently set up. TPTB would never have it.

What I am sharing is a political ideology, and there is no strategy for bringing this about other than to bring it to the minds of the people.

You either like the idea or you don't, sir.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
"I know one thing, that I know nothing" -Plato >>>>>IMO

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Yes unfortunately we have allowed this to go on for some time.

One group let's say the civil rights group pushes for more and more rights. Then suddenly they are imposing their will on everybody else. Then the feminist come along and do the same thing. It's a never ending vicious cycle and we must put an end to it.

Restore the Republic and the Constitution of the US at once!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

Now most are bought and paid for and vote not the opinion of the people, or their own, but their opinion has been purchased.

And what I am suggesting is the remedy.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

And what I am suggesting is the remedy.

The remedy that leads to tyranny.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Beobachter

Even if our vote does count(and I'm not saying I don't vote), George Carlin(RIP) sums it up nicely

Yep, it's understood that's how things are.

You believe it so deeply you can't see any other way?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

The remedy that leads to tyranny.

According to what historical example?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Well what do you believe? Do you think that most of the people in our government are there to help us? Whats YOUR solution?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Beobachter

Well what do you believe? Do you think that most of the people in our government are there to help us? Whats YOUR solution?

This IS my solution!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Great idea in theory but in reality people would never get around to voting and with the stacks of pages passing through congress now, none of us who voted would have time to have a life, raise kids or go to work.

We need less government, less stacks of paper and more accountability. Yes we need to hold our representatives accountable, not filthy rich.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

We need less government, less stacks of paper and more accountability. Yes we need to hold our representatives accountable, not filthy rich.

So how do we hold them accountable? They get away with murder, literally.

The problem here is that people who seek positions of power are the ones most likely to abuse it.
Do we need to change our election criteria??

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Well think of it this way. The greatest President George Washington did not want to serve as President. Thats the kind of people we need. Natural born leaders who are more in touch with reality, putting food on the table and leadership than anything else.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Well think of it this way. The greatest President George Washington did not want to serve as President. Thats the kind of people we need. Natural born leaders who are more in touch with reality, putting food on the table and leadership than anything else.

I totally concur.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think we need a third party of congress called the People's Word. A third party that must also pass a bill before it goes to the President. This third party will not be paid, and will be picked from a hat just like a jury basically. They will be required to do their part for a given bill, just like a jury. There will be 1 person per 1 million in a given state per bill. They will be housed in Washington at a People's Word housing community for no more than a week, to confirm or deny their agreement of a bill already passed by both the Senate and House. Their word will make or break the bill which must then be trashed or reworked in the House and Senate.

This would still qualify as a representitive govt, I believe, what do you think?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Is'nt this the same idea behind California's proposition system? Seems to be leading to alot of deadlock for them. Besides who has time to read these 200 page bills they throw at you? Would be even easier for poloticians to sneak thing's in just like they do now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join