It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I got myself a fake girl friend

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Just kidding, but comon this is starting to scare me. This what it has come down to, the lowest of the lowest depth in the ocean. Buying a fake girl friend on facebook. Who on earth wants to do this? I'm single this is actually brings down myself esteem to a whole new level.

Ever since the dawn of time — or at least the dawn of summer overnight camp -- nerdy, needy guys have been making up pretend girlfriends to prove they can actually score. But why rely on your imagination and a web of intricate lies ("Yeah guy, she's totally hot. She lives in Vancouver, though. I met her at my cousin's wedding.") when a website can do everything for you? GirlfriendHire.com is filling a strange and controversial niche in the lives of the single and lonely. Created by 22-year-old Cody Krecicki (who, incidentally, is seeking investors for Krecicki Ventures, whatever that is), the site offers up beautiful strangers for hire to write on the Facebook walls of otherwise single gentlemen, send them sassy texts, offer fashion advice and perform assorted girlfriend-type functions, albeit at a safe and non-intimate distance.

ca.shine.yahoo.com...

What are your guys thoughts on this?

edit on 5-4-2012 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Do they have a male version for the single ladies?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

Creepy...

Just live in the World.

It's far far far better to be single than be creepy..

I wouldn't mind being single almost every other day.

Girls can be trying. Enjoy the freedom. Do you realize you can do whatever you want?
I mean You in the general sense not You the OP to be clear.

haha WOW, people are weird.

whoa smyleegrl, I guess I assumed you were a guy.. But now that I read that right, I feel stupid.

OP S and F for pure awesomeness.
edit on 4/5/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Dam why didn't i think of that?
Good idea but i really have to wonder who googles "facebook girlfriend for rent"

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Don't have to google it. The "girlfriends" actually buy ad space on Facebook..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Facing my 40th birthday next week, This thread makes me realize how much I miss the days of no internet. Or cell phones.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Creepy...

Just live in the World.

It's far far far better to be single than be creepy..

I wouldn't mind being single almost every other day.

Girls can be trying. Enjoy the freedom. Do you realize you can do whatever you want?
I mean You in the general sense not You the OP to be clear.

haha WOW, people are weird.

whoa smyleegrl, I guess I assumed you were a guy.. But now that I read that right, I feel stupid.

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Yeah, it is creepy. Of course this guy is going to make millions.

I remember my teens and early twenties. The need to be in a relationship to feel normal... lots of pressure there.
Glad to be married and in my thirties. Much better here, except I'm noticing the 40 mark keeps getting closer...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
New age pimp!

A lot like that episode on south park when butters was a pimp

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What was that last part, something about from a safe distance and not intemate? Just like being married. J/K.
I guess everything is fine until your friend has the same gf on his wall

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I thought this thread was going to be about the Real Doll and the men who love them.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I would create my own Facebook girl if I really needed to. But paying 5 bucks for a fake one? Might as well try to get my self a fake PHD certificate to get into a really high paying job. Fake my ID, fake my credit card, fake my food (which a lot is already fake.) Fake my life, and believe that I came from a test tube. I wanna get off this fake planet.

OMG Swills, got a gylimse of that and I shake my head.

Here's also some other head shaker vids:

Man marries video game character: www.youtube.com...
Parody of Sal9000= hilarious www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-4-2012 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm a Jungian psychology enthusiast, and I'm seeing people let their inner selves pop out more more like a catholic priest in a room full of alter boys. Almost like more and more people are starting to reject the old "norms" of society. Unfortunately people who are less liberal and more conservative(not political) to the norms tend to reject those who try to "be themselves". Like I'm an anti-consumerist in a consumerist society or I happen to live a place where a lot of people are bias against Muslims(or people who look Muslim) where some have the "KILL THEM ALLLL!!!SDFJHSADJFH" mentality and I tend to snap at them even though I'm not really fond of the Abrahamic religions myself for their innate tendency to bring bigotry and destruction. So it becomes harder to find people in any type of relationship to relate to and become suppressed and depressed(lol). Some just give up, and some find solace in the internet where many minds can relate to each other. We live in a current society of technology where we can simulate many many things. Before computers people had to learn to fly(some still do) by actually flying, now we have simulations to do that....So in summery in this day and age many are finding it hard to find people to relate to in a non electronic setting, so they try to find other ways to quell(not recommended. Refer to Carl Jung and our "Shadows") or satisfy their biological needs.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Beobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Sounds like a nice gift to buy for a guy you find out is a cheating husband of your best friend.....

Or, and ex-boss who fired you. Especially if he's married...

Des
edit on 5-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Um....Whatever floats yer boat. If a fake girlfriend makes somebody happy, then more power to them.

I think it's sad that guys have to put on a show on Facebook for their friends that they never see. I'm sure the female version and the gay version will be along shortly.....Maybe even the "rent a family" version....Such a bizarre world we live in today!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If I were a woman I'd be f'ing every single lonely guy out there.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So you give some girl money, never get to have sex with her and dont even get to see her

Sounds more like a wife than a girlfriend
edit on 5-4-2012 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
where theres lack of will, theres a way to make money off it

silly facebook im actually not shocked at all, just another sad lonely nail in the stay at home socializers (i realise the irony with this comment
)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

I thought this thread was going to be about the Real Doll and the men who love them.

I thought the OP's post was creepy until I saw this. This takes the booby prize. Some people are just odd beyond explanation.

It may be a bit off topic, but this does have to deal with odd fetishes.

www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

I never saw him myself but I was very familiar with the part of town he lived in. I liked what the cashier said: "He's like Sasquatch, you don't believe until you see it". And then the sad news:

www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

He was harmless after all and it didn't have to do with any kind of weird sex thing. He was just...........different.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
If I were a woman I'd be f'ing every single lonely guy out there.

*runs away*
Tend to run away from those kind of women, you don't what they might be carrying. You would knock up an elderly man?!? Why not go for only the "cute" guys like me? jk jk

I mean does it seem like that for guys and girls that have a really high sex drive view their partners as only sex objects and nothing else? It seems like that. Like Pitbull, Akon, David Guetta, that's all what they sing about is just mostly about sex. It's sick. Young children are listening to this and we end up with little bimbos walking on the streets. Random and off topic I know. Sex seems like it lost it's flavor. Sex is not important anymore, it's a hobby and job for some to make a little bit of extra cash. Seems like not a bad way to go have sex and get paid. I would do it full time. People who have HIV aren't accepted. I pay with with cash. lol

edit on 6-4-2012 by Shrukin89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Wow! This is sad!

As for both the Real Doll and the story about adult infants, it's clear that these men have "Mother" issues.

As for the Real Dolls, I don't know why I was surprised to hear that these men actually feel like they provide "love and companionship".

It's times like this that I'm glad I've only studied psychology and never practiced it. It's just too disturbing.

It also makes me wonder where the path of fake girlfriends on FB might lead. After getting so much of this type of attention, does it lead to a broader fantasy world down the road? Does it keep men in a safe place long enough that they eventually develop a fear of interacting with the real world and eventually end up cutting themselves off from it totally for fear of rejection??!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join