It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the doc's get it right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
IT's a rare thing to see the medical profession getting things right these days, so when they do you have to applaud it.
The first of a potential number of "miracle" babies has been born over in belgium, to an infertile woman recently recovered from cancer.

She had tissue removed from her ovaries seven years ago before the cancer treatment and since getting the all clear has had it implanted, and also succesfully concieved a healthy 8lb baby girl.

This in itself would be enough for celebration, but it's so common to see doctors making mistakes, mixing records or even killing paitents, that this does wonders for putting a little bit of hope back to the industry.

Full article. news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What do you mean its a rare thing for doctors to get something right? Look at how many people are born a day in hospitals, are those doctors screwing up? Now check out how many people have died because a doctor screwed up. Now you tell me: which number is higher? I suggest that you educate yourself on a topic before you make a bogus claim about it.

Doctors go to school to do what they do. I am sure that if it was that fequent that doctors did something wrong that there wouldn't be as many doctors as there are now. Have you ever gone for a medical exam? Did the doctor mess something up? Maybe in a few individual cases something has gone wrong, but like I said those are only a few cases. Not hundreds everyday.

Now you tell me, which is more rare: A doctor screwing up, or a doctor doing something right?

posted on Sep, 25 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It is nice to read a little good news for a change.

join