It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson Calls On Blacks To Wear Hoodies To Polling Places

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Breitbart

He says it ALL in a video that is actually a recording from a radio show.

Difficult to understand, but he makes the point just the same.

here is the jist of it:

Speaking to The Tom Joyner Morning Show on Wednesday, Jesse Jackson said:

"If a white kills a black we revolt, if a black kills a white it's jail time, we kill each other it's Miller time. It's as if somebody has the right to kill us."

Jackson then added "This right wing, we got to win the election, so wear your hoodie, put a voter registration card under your hoodie if you have a hoodie without a voter card you've been Hoodiewinked."

Nothing like spraying gasoline on a bonfire !!!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
/massive epic double face palm

WHYYYY???????????

they keep seperating THEMSELVES furtherrrr...we don't hate black people! only a minority does. so WTF
and there's a minority within every race that hates every other race... no more victim card jesse jackson. thats enough

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Sure, that is a great way to get shot up!! With the voter intimidation already an issue, and racism ramping up, then this is a surefire way to get people hurt. In the mostly black neighborhoods, the hoodie won't even be noticed, and the statement is lost, but in the mostly white neighborhoods it may be mistaken as gang wear, or someone with bad intentions stalking up to a polling place, and it may get someone hurt.

Jesse Jackson should have to wear the liability for anyone that gets hurt following his advice.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You would think a responsible leader of a community would encourage those who look up to him to appear a the voting booth in a suit..or at least a button down shirt to look presentable and decent. I dunno.. Maybe like an American with more than that days TV programming on their mind.

It's hard to believe any leader with a serious following like Jackson would encourage those he leads to show up looking like gangsters. Then again...consider the source. He IS one so I suppose encouraging others to dress as the street version isn't a stretch.

Where is Bill Cosby when we need him? He was one of the leaders for the Black community who really made sense and told it like it was. ...and the left hated him with a purple passion for it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is coming from a black guy...Jesse Jackass is an idiot. This has got to be the dumbest movement EVER! Seriously, a freakin' HOODIE? Why did it have to be MLK instead of this moron?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

So he's trying to reinforce the stereotype?
Wouldnt it be better to attempt to dispell it, by urging Black voters to dress well ("sunday best") and show everyone else that there is more to them than the hoodie stereotype?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I seriously doubt that he would suggest such a thing, although it is possible that he might believe that it would help to win the sympathy vote. In all reality, it would racially alienate voters, raise tension levels, and supress voter turnout- all of which would be bad for obama.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by xuenchen

Sure, that is a great way to get shot up!! With the voter intimidation already an issue, and racism ramping up, then this is a surefire way to get people hurt. In the mostly black neighborhoods, the hoodie won't even be noticed, and the statement is lost, but in the mostly white neighborhoods it may be mistaken as gang wear, or someone with bad intentions stalking up to a polling place, and it may get someone hurt.

Jesse Jackson should have to wear the liability for anyone that gets hurt following his advice.

Him and AL needs to be jailed
for inciting riots. This rhetoris came from
Jack. The other day at the sanford march with
AL, sharpton told them black peopls kid's are
not safe walking down the street, and I have seen 4
black people walk down the street in the past hour
and no one came running out to shoot them.
Pure, agenda for profits and get the voter base
all up into a fuss.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
LOL!!!!! So JJ calls on blacks to ware hoodies to polling places lol I love irony. Yep keep it up JJ one day you will get your race war

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I'm tired of his antics. . . Jackson, Sharpton, and the other guy in their trio are nothing but race baiting. I'm so tired of these guys spreading their filth everywhere they can. I wear hoodies. . . . So what. . . What's it proving? What if I wore overhauls and a hoodie?

These guys are way over the top and out of control about this. Our clothes shouldn't define us, I can agree how we wear them sometimes can but that's kind of another topic. So tiresome just even hearing the things that come out of their mouths anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexrugerblack
This is coming from a black guy...Jesse Jackass is an idiot. This has got to be the dumbest movement EVER! Seriously, a freakin' HOODIE? Why did it have to be MLK instead of this moron?

Funny you mention MLK.

Jesse Jackson was right there in fact.

AND, some even think Jackson was involved !

He was shot in the neck as he stood on a hotel balcony and died in hospital soon afterwards.

Reverend Jesse Jackson was on the balcony with Dr King when the single shot rang out.

"He had just bent over. I reckon if he had been standing up he would not have been hit in the face," said Mr Jackson.
Jackson was right there

This conspiracy video implicates Jackson in MLK's murder.
Their point was it was politics, as Jackson did replace MLK soon after the murder.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

It wouldn't be a race war dude...it would be a race massacre. You already know black people are severely outnumbered so why in the hell would we want a race war?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by xvagrantx
I'm tired of his antics. . . Jackson, Sharpton, and the other guy in their trio are nothing but race baiting. I'm so tired of these guys spreading their filth everywhere they can. I wear hoodies. . . . So what. . . What's it proving? What if I wore overhauls and a hoodie?

These guys are way over the top and out of control about this. Our clothes shouldn't define us, I can agree how we wear them sometimes can but that's kind of another topic. So tiresome just even hearing the things that come out of their mouths anymore.

I agree, this "hoodie" talk is getting more than silly. I also wear a hoodie, and I'm a white woman in my early 50s.
I'm actually wearing a grey hoodie right now, as I type...
Many people that are NOT black, or gangsters, wear hoodies.
Although, us Canadians are not know for fashion sense, we like comfort.
They keep our ears warm, when it's too warm to wear our toques, but still cold.....
They're like a sweater, easy to put over a tee shirt.
They're also often a part of a jogging suit.
I don't remember if I wore it last time I voted.

They used to be called kangaroo jackets, or bunny hugs.

They didn't used to be "gang wear".

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Jesse Jackson is one of the most racist people in the public spotlight. You know who isn't racist? People that don't incite irrational behavior. It's irrational because hate crimes happen on both sides, against both races, and this behavior is not done for every instance.

A couple days ago there was a black person sentenced, that robbed and killed two white tourists. Whether or not you want to attribute it to just robbery, there had to be some hate in there for the fellow to kill the two. But where is JJ outraged that people of his own race would do such a thing?

If I see people of my race being ignorant two others I would say something. I can't stand separation of race. Cultural differences are fine, but if you make a bigger issue of it than it needs to be you are just inspiring hate.
edit on 5-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Seems like Jesse and his followers are getting a wee bit uppity.

They should use this unfortunate situation to bring all people together but if he did he would loose his meal ticket.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexrugerblack
reply to post by ga-`tv-gi

It wouldn't be a race war dude...it would be a race massacre. You already know black people are severely outnumbered so why in the hell would we want a race war?

"Outnumbered" is a point of view, ask Reginald Denny.
edit on 5-4-2012 by ga-`tv-gi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Jesse Jackson is a class A idiot. Thats right. Idiot. Its the only word I can say w/in the T&C.

See my avatar over there or ATSLive picture???? See what I look like???? I am wearing a hoodie RIGHT NOW and it is for no cause....except its cold out

I WEAR HOODIES. I have worn them since my punk days when I was a hardcore punk hanging out with skaters, etc....

So please tell me WHY this idiot called Jackson is making a race issue out of a...................HOODIE????

Because Jesse Jackson's soul purpose in life is to DIVIDE and keep a segment of the population down, angry and blaming everyone but themselves for the problems in their lives. He wants that segment to never succeed because then he will have NO PURPOSE IN LIFE! Get everyone all riled up into a freenzy and then stand back and watch it all unfold......

Jesse Jackson needs to put a hoodie in his mouth and just shut up!
edit on April 5th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Hell must have froze over today because I gave you a star.
But what you say is truth and it's disgusting. Jesse Jackson and his ilk should be ashamed of themselves for exploiting this incident for their own selfish gain and the MSM, well, they'll jump on anything if they think it'll bring an audience, like publicizing this POS, so my feelings for them are the same.
edit on 5-4-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think it's a good idea, and if Zimmerman is guilty, whites should join in the protest.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Given that it is election year, I'm starting to wonder if part of this has to do with getting the big O back in office. Food for thought, something like this might guilt sympathetic white people, while inspiring black people to get out and vote to reaffirm their loyalties to race.

Thoughts?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join