It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Collective conscious and 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Not sure where to post this, it concerns a number of different subjects...

I don't come on the site as often as I used to, so have spent a large portion of my evening relaxing and catching up with some old threads I'd partaken in and responding to some newer ones.

I came across the one about that alleged french psychic, Jacques Nietzermann (personally, I think hoax) - that aside...something struck me when I read the last response to that thread by a user named libertytoall - nothing personal against the poster whatsoever, it's what he/she said that got me thinking - I quote:

"What's amazing to me is how accurate his predictions are to the ones I was given in my UFO abduction experience. I was shown the black president, a civil war, UFOs coming to earth, and NOTHING beyond 2012. Scary stuff.. "

The thread is here www.abovetopsecret.com... for anyone that's interested.

I believe in a collective conscious...I believe we have shaped the world around us through thoughts and beliefs and I believe that the more people believe in an idea the more real it becomes...which scares me, because this mass belief in 2012 apocalypse type stuff is widely believed. Many admit this belief...and many do not for fear of ridicule.

It scares me because the very people who seek truth might actually be being used as a tool in order to strenghten this idea and make it real - self fulfilling prophecy. I'm not denying or disputing any abduction claims, most are probably bunk but I'm sure some are based on actual events - whether alien or not is another matter.

I was going to respond to the post but decided to start a thread as I think it's quite an interesting and rather scary notion - I know so many people who genuinely believe and fear this 2012 stuff. I usually try to convince them it's ridicuous, but deep down inside I know that even if they relent and agree with me they still believe it will happen, deep down inside.

And thus - I too become a tool, because my belief that people will believe this is going to happen may actually make it happen means that I also believe it may happen if you get what I mean - so how the hell do you convince someone that it won't happen and actually make them truly trust you and believe you when you yourself begin to have doubts...you can't!

I'm quite interested to hear other takes on this - if you believe in the end of the world stuff do you think it's actually possible to change that belief? I kind of have a niggling doubt that it might actually happen simply because enough people think it will...the power of suggestion, perhaps the entities who abducted libertytoall or anyone else for that matter - this notion that nothing can be seen beyond 2012 has been put out there by someone for whatever reason and it's a dangerous belief.

Be nice to hear your thoughts on this, sorry if I posted in the wrong forum.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

your theory is plausible..

however i think that there are certain beings, or people or whatever you want to call them.. that are in control and are shaping the world as we know it, and making certain events or "prophecies" come true..

what is the purpose of it? ive yet to understand that

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, I don't know how many people believe in the 2012 stuff outside the USA and other western countries, but luckily we don't make up the majority of the world's population. If humanity could collectively manifest an end of the world type scenario I think that the majority of the populations of China, India, and also of Africa would have to be buying into as well. I don't know how many, if any of those groups believe in that sort of thing, but I could easily see this trend being more limited to the west.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

There are lots of people who think that by thinking or belief you can shape reality. Like if everyone only believed something it would be real. I don't think thats true at all.
I think the universe works on good old cause and effect.

If you refuse to look in the box, to see if the cat is alive or dead, you can be absolutely sure, that at one point regardless of what YOU as an individual believe, that cat will die of thirst and starvation.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I always thought even if December 21, 2012 didn't bring the apocalypse it would cause a lot of destruction from paranoia alone.

I'll be sitting at home for that day

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Reassuring and logical, that's exactly the sort of idea I need as it helps settle my niggling doubts somewhat. What I don't know is how many would have to harbour such a belief, would it necessarily need to be a majority?

I'm currently trying to find an article that I read absolute years ago which had some quotes that always stuck with me - I know it's lame but if I find it I'll certainly post the link, some physicists who were studying light/photons made a remark along the lines of "it's as if the particles are waiting to see what we predict or some up with" or something of that nature... which to me implied they were kind of making the rules up or defining it through their thought process as they went along.

It kind of struck a chord with me at the time.

To me it's like some kind of psychological implant almost like a virus - that's exactly how I'm seeing it as of now because despite the fact I don't believe in the mainstream theories like the nibiru stuff, I've began to have doubts nonetheless - as a side effect of others belief in it.

I don't know who would benefit from such a scheme, the mind boggles - I actually don't know what to believe any more. I always found the 2012 stuff quite silly, I mean the end of the world has been predicted many-a-time throughout history - this time 'round the media seems to be working quite hard to scaremonger and people are coming up with various theories, etc. It's an unhealthy obsession, even if we did know when it was going to happen what good would it do us? We'd be better off not knowing.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by samerulesapply
I believe in a collective conscious...

I got this far. Sorry, don't go in for all this new agey, crystal stuff personally.

We are not the Borg.
edit on 5-4-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

All it takes is an idea..and it manifests from there. One invention from one persons mind can change the world. Eg Electricity. It was not a world collective that invented it..it was one persons idea.

Im a high believer of 2012. I was born a muslim, I Disbanded this belief 2 years ago when i had a regression and saw a past life and briefly went into a "multiverse". Before i even knew of 2012, the mayans, the pyramids, and general history, ive always known the world(phase) would be ending. I would always say to myself "you got so and so time before the days come, so try enjoy your life", this is when i was about 15.

Its not the end of the world as its mainstreamed though..thats where the fear comes in. People who have no experience/dreams/visions/intuition of this would naturally say it wont happen, and think negative of it. Its a new time for us. Timelines end, history changes, terrain re develops and re structures. So to with us beings. This world needs a new direction, one of peace, love and prosperity. Hold on to that dream Lennon.

People wait for facts, people wait for certainty. Just open your eyes, you'll certainly see the facts.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Ahaa, I'm not familiar with the borg to be quite honest but fair enough - although if the term collective conscious was a put off for you why would you click on a thread with the term collective conscious in the title?

Out of interest, do you believe in the 2012 apocalypse stuff?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Very good point!

Originally posted by samerulesapply
Out of interest, do you believe in the 2012 apocalypse stuff?

In a word, no.

Carry on...
edit on 5-4-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Your apparent inability to state your opinion regarding any of these issues leads me to the conclusion that your intention is to troll, and nothing more - glad I could be of help.

Ahaa, my mistake - I take that back, sir, a thousand apologies.

Is your ID a reference to Colin Angus of the shamen by any chance?
edit on 5-4-2012 by samerulesapply because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

No, though I did have the "Ebeneezer Goode" single on cassette at some point.

If you're familiar with Saturday Night Live, look up sketches featuring Christopher Walken.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I remember that from their dance/hip-hop stuff, before that they were more rock/indie and actually quite good. Thanks for responding - I'll check the Walken stuff out.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

So many people dis the New Age Movement. Sorry to say it but this whole Christianity and major religions are not figured out. We hold to much stock in what we think we know. Since over time people change and evolve this new age movement could just as well be a result of that advancement in thinking. If anything The New Age Movement is about empowering the self. How could that possibly be bad. The pineal gland is bull#?

new topics

top topics

join