It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Clapton: $4.75 million for just a car???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
MODS: I've placed this in General Chit Chat for the following reasons,

A. This is not a thread about Eric Clapton's Music.

B. I want this thread to have a better chance of being seen than by placing it under Rant.

C. My limited search shows this not to have been brought up before. Even if there is a thread about the car that is not the main focus point of this thread.

Cheers.

######################################################################################

New Car

Sure this car is on the pricey side, but if you can pay for it why not get it, right? I'll buy Eric Clapton an ice cream cone if he would let me take it out for a spin.
One plus in owning this car is it would be easy to find in a Wal-mart parking lot is you forgot where you parked.

[color=ebe378]Eric, I know how hard you have worked to get where your are so spending $4.75 million for a Ferrari SPC-12 EPC is okay in my book, this will make you happy, right?
Just in case you have forgotten who I am, I am married to a crazy red head b#tch in Tulsa. Yes I know of a friend of yours who is on tour now since the club thing went bust. How about another friend who now lives in Canada who recently had a health scare but is okay now. Eric, you have helped Red out a bit in the past but know one knows your current contact information. Call her soon please.

Red's main issue is the need for a bit of assistance to move away from the Tulsa Sound area and to start a new life in an area where she can get back in the music business. This area is also oozing with job opportunities for myself since I have been out of work to long.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Sanity Lost because: Editing is soooo much fun

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Im pretty sure he can afford it...

Dude... what happened to your head?

no offence intended... but wow!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That was my summer look last year.

Using the blue marker was cheaper than getting a real tattoo.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

Awesome bro...

Love the wings!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So you're asking Eric Clapton for money on ATS?

And you're trying to get on his good side by stating the obvious? That he has a lot of money?

And since he has enough to plop down 5 million on a car that he should feel obligated to help someone whom he knew in passing years ago?

Being mighty presumptuous about their friendship it looks like.

Do I have everything right so far?

Mr. Clapton doesn't seem the ATS type to me, and even if any of his handlers are, I don't think you'll get their attention with the avatar you have.

Sorry, but people do make appearance judgements on other people.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
it is extremely excessive when you think of the things that amount of money could also buy. it's his cash he can do what he wants with it (and he does), maybe he'll do something slightly more constructive with the rest of his cash (though i doubt it). just my opinion

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by josephamccoy
it is extremely excessive when you think of the things that amount of money could also buy. it's his cash he can do what he wants with it (and he does), maybe he'll do something slightly more constructive with the rest of his cash (though i doubt it). just my opinion

He's done that too, using the same criteria in a reverse way by auctioning his guitars, and others for charity and producing much higher amounts of money in the millions. So he plays the guitar and people give him money for it, that's the position he's in. I personally would not give away my strat, (singular) to anyone, although I do a lot of charity work. I suspect, also that he would not give away a certain guitar to anyone either. He can on the other hand give away a tree load of the things, without a second thought, and make millions for good causes, simply because people that can, will pay for that.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I just wanted to see what a five million dollar car looked like. Does it fly? Or go underwater? Or become invisible? It's gotta be SOMETHING, no way a mere car is worth as much as a Learjet.

I guess things are worth what chumps are willing to pay for them, so if there's a big enough chump, a turd is art: weburbanist.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

you hit the nail on the head there, he does do a lot of work for charity, regardless i still think there are better things to do with 4+ million than buy a car.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
All I ask is if I ever bumped into a guy with as much money as Eric Clapton that he would drop some loose change from one of his pockets. Since he can spend so much money one a car that is most likely worth much less than he paid for it I don't think he would miss a few dollars going to me.

Dreams are only dreams after all.

top topics

join