It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket fired from Egypt hits Israeli city of Eilat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Rocket fired from Egypt hits Israeli city of Eilat

www.bbc.co.uk

A Grad rocket has landed in the southern Israeli city of Eilat, but has caused no damage or injuries, Israeli security officials said.

District police chief Ron Gertner told Israeli radio the rocket had been fired from Egypt's Sinai peninsula.

He said it struck a construction site close to a residential area shortly after midnight (21:00 GMT).

The blast took place as thousands congregated in the resort town for the Jewish holiday of Passover.

Rocket attacks from Egyptian soil are uncommon. Attacks on Eilat and the nearby Jordanian town of Aqaba in 2010 killed one person and injure
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So just run of the mill violence, or something more? Time to ask yourself, if its not this attack, will it be the next one that starts something huge like WW3? The more we hear of these stories in todays world, the more we are on the cusp and brink of something big going down. The US will be forced to help Isreal, and welcome to retaliation from Iran... This is not looking good my ats friends...

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-4-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
What? No! Well then they must have fired it on themselves because ATS has proven time and time again that Israel is the only country in that area looking for blood..........

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

With all of the thousands of rockets fired into Israel over the past decade or so, the majority of them do no damage and cause no injuries. Don't get me wrong, some rockets have killed a small percentage of people but more people are injured from said attacks. The most damage they cause is psychological damage, air raid sirens and incoming rockets is harmful to anyones health. So here we go again, more rockets that are merely just for show rather than damage. I suspect Israel will respond with mass damage and causalities as usual.

en.wikipedia.org...

Palestinian rocket and mortar attacks on Israel from the Gaza Strip have occurred since 2001. Between 2001 and January 2009, over 8,600 rockets had been launched, leading to 28 deaths and several hundred injuries,[1][2] as well as widespread psychological trauma and disruption of daily life.[3] According to research done by the Social work department at the Sapir Academic college, Estimated 15,000 [4] people from Sderot are suffering from PTSD and 1000 are treated within the psychiatric (mental health center) [5] community.

edit on 5-4-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
hi op

just a test the people test fire

coincidence?
construction site
pass over
no casualtys

just like that person yesterday whom claims to be a paid shill
but is really, still a paid shill
using reverse phsycology
and also repeats pro Israeli
in 10 days ive noticed at least 2 shills

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

While I have heard and understood this explained many times on ATS, I think it's important for people to fairly look at this from ALL perspectives. We can refer to these missiles as "fireworks" that do little damage, sure. In most cases you would be correct that they seem very ineffective. However, over the thousands launched into Israel, there HAVE been deaths. Not only that, but let's again look at it from this angle:

Would the U.S. allow missiles (ineffective or not, they are TRYING to kill) to be constantly lobbed into Texas from Mexico on a daily basis? Surely not. How do you think the U.S. or rather the U.S. PUBLIC would react to that? I do not support everything Israel does, but I do support their right to defend themselves, otherwise we are nothing but hypocrites!
edit on 5-4-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by Swills

While I have heard and understood this explained many times on ATS, I think it's important for people to fairly look at this from ALL perspectives. We can refer to these missiles as "fireworks" that do little damage, sure. In most cases you would be correct that they seem very ineffective. However, over the thousands launched into Israel, there HAVE been deaths. Not only that, but let's again look at it from this angle:

Would the U.S. allow missiles (ineffective or not) to be constantly lobbed into Texas from Mexico on a daily basis? Surely not. How do you think the U.S. or rather the U.S. PUBLIC would react to that? I do not support everything Israel does, but I do support their right to defend themseves, otherwise we are nothing but hypocrites!

I've already said there have been deaths but less than 100 from over a decade of rockets fired into Israel. The most effective damage they've cause is physiological damage. Israelis are literally living in a state of fear. I do find it odd that all of these rockets fired into Israel are so ineffective, year after year of failure. I thought terrorists were well funded?

Too bad Mexico didn't have the ability to fire missiles all those years ago when the land we know as Texas was taken from them but they did attack the US which is known as the Mexican-American war. Just because it isn't happening today doesn't mean what happened all those years ago was right. Time tends to heal all wounds but as it is with Israel, they are the new kid on the block since the state didn't exist back in 1946, so the Arabs have every right to be pissed off at the UN, Israel, and the west.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
does this balls up my next trip to sharm? or will i need factor 50000 lotion?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Texas was used as an example. We could use Canada if you want.
The point is, more objectivity is needed from both sides and there is none, especially on ATS. Your mind is made up, no matter what Israel does in ANY situation. Many on ATS choose not to think about it, but instead just jump the gun and pick sides automatically like clockwork. Do I think the U.S. should get involved in these affairs as it stands? No. Do I think most members of ATS should be so quick to take sides on the matter? No, because most of us aren't_there.

All we get is what we hear out of the mainstream media (who obviously lie or twist the truth), which lately has been touting for war with Iran, I get that. I understand your frustration there. When these little stories pop up, we don't hear about them because it's just another day in the park, these things happen nearly every day and no-one cares. With that said, there is no need to be completely 1-sided and jump the gun in EVERY situation for one side whom you or others are pre-determined to root for. These are confuising times, all the more reason to try and see things from ALL angles.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
What? No! Well then they must have fired it on themselves because ATS has proven time and time again that Israel is the only country in that area looking for blood..........

Haha no - Israel will just respond with the indifferent phosphorous attacks and the odd use of illegal weaponry.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You could use Canada but it would be another failure of an example because America isn't stealing land from Canada nor are they encroaching on Canadian borders.

Of course my mind is made up. Am I supposed to be on the fence still? Trust me, I look at situations from more than just one perspective. Get use to not everyone agreeing with you. Welcome to life.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Wookiep

You could use Canada but it would be another failure of an example because America isn't stealing land from Canada nor are they encroaching on Canadian borders.

Of course my mind is made up. Am I supposed to be on the fence still?

Are you there? Did Israel steal your land? Or are you a farmer in Israel who see's missiles streak accross the sky almost daily and fail to reach their target?

Almost everyday we hear about how Israel "stole" someones land. Were you there when that happened? Because there are 2 different stories on that, you've obviously ignored the other one because you were there.

The U.S. should give it's land back to the Native Americans as well, it wasn't that long ago in the big pucture of things! The "white man" almost annihilated all of them AND stole their land! (Just like pretty much what happens in any war over territory) Even tho what happened was wrong, we can't just boot and/or kill everyone in America. You don't realise just how blood thirsty you, and many others here sound.

ETA: Yes, I think the fence is where you belong on this issue.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

You know there was a time when I didn't know anything about the state of Israel and why it was always in conflict. Then one day I decided to learn about Israel and from it I formed my opinion. Sorry if it doesn't agree with yours. Have a nice day

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
in the past...attacking Israel has not worked out at all for the aggressors....
go ahead try again.....dumb bunch a evil buzztards. Abraham himself seems to get in on the action.....with a flaming sword.....
I know, Israel is lead by evil slobs right now, but the sacred historical land.....good God don't get to thinkin Israel wont clobber the poor inbred ingrates that attack. one can read about such......in the basic instructions before leaving earth

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'm not asking you to agree with me, nor am I asking you to tell me how un-educated on Israel you think I am because I DISAGREE with you.

All I'm saying is posts like yours are so predictable it's not even funny. Many ATS members jump the gun and blame Israel for pretty much everything without even thinking about it in EVERY situation, like they are embedded in the field every time a missile goes off into Israel. I'm saying the smarter thing to do is think more objectively, you've chosen not to, fine by me, I won't lose sleep over it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Too bad Mexico didn't have the ability to fire missiles all those years ago when the land we know as Texas was taken from them but they did attack the US which is known as the Mexican-American war. Just because it isn't happening today doesn't mean what happened all those years ago was right. Time tends to heal all wounds but as it is with Israel, they are the new kid on the block since the state didn't exist back in 1946, so the Arabs have every right to be pissed off at the UN, Israel, and the west.

But the same could be said of Palestine. And Syria exists only from 1946. If you look at Israeli direct neighbours - not a single state existed independently prior to 20th century. And only Egypt had some kind of autonomy prior to 20th century but was nevertheless under British control.
So all are new kids on the block.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
They sure know a lot of details about the event. Where it came from. What exactly it was...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

The reason I told you there was a time when I didn't know anyting about the state of Israel was a direct response to your previous post,

Your mind is made up, no matter what Israel does in ANY situation. Many on ATS choose not to think about it, but instead just jump the gun and pick sides automatically like clockwork.

Yes, sorry but the state of Israel absolutely responsible for the current state of affairs we have today. Is Israel alone the problem? No, of course not, the other parts of said problem include the western Gov'ts who back Israel 100%, no questions asked. To ignore this and believe Israel is some kind of innocent victim of all these terrorist attacks is absolutely ignorant, and this is clearly where you and I will forever disagree.

I will now ignore any all comments from you directed towards me because I'm sick and tired of debating about Israel over the internet with Pro Israel people such as yourself. It's been done to death and literally means nothing, changes nothing except for an occasional ban because emotions and tempers always arise when discussing politics or religions, and Israel encompasses both.

So agree to completely disagree. You may respond to me so you can have the last word but I will not respond back.,

reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

The British controlled the lands for only a short time. Pre WWI the lands were controlled by the Ottoman Empire but lost control of said lands as a direct result of WWI.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yup. Ottoman empire had no Palestine province ,too. Not in name and not in same broders. So? Again, all are new kids on the block.
There was no independent Jordan for more then 2 thousands of years. There was no independent Syria for more then 2 thousands of years. There was no independent state in Palestine for almost 2 thousands of years.
Only Egypt was independent for some periods.
Also:
TXRabbit:
Rocket remains were found. Stuck in the ground. So you can know approximate direction from where it came. It is hard to measure the distance to the place from which it was fired ,of course. But if direction is toward Sinai border - you know that safe peaceful non-chaotic place where gas pipes are blown almost every week and where tourists are kidnapped every month - i would assume that it came from Egypt too.
Also there are radar systems that could spot it, however i am not sure that Eilat area is covered by those.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Yup, and that's because all those lands were controlled by the Ottoman Empire, even the lands where Israel is today. But the problem with Israel compared to the other New Kids is that over 700,000 Arabs were exiled in Israels creation and their homes & villages destroyed. So there lies in the hatred for Israel, but as the years went on it became more and more complicated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join