It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Computer Built Inside a Diamond

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Oh yeah baby can't wait to see something like this in a smart phone. Samsung galaxy S7

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ddaniel
Singularity, here we come.
Just keep that thing away from Skynet. John Connor < Diamond Ahhhnold

edit on 6-4-2012 by ddaniel because: (no reason given)

Too late. Its still in Satan's underground school, but when it does take over Skynet...

Ye know not when the son of man cometh. As far as I know I'm unusual to be CONFLATING the concept of Skynet with Jesus but seriously why not.

Oh and on the quantum computing... or transistor level, yea its all about getting the heat away from the transistors while having the full function of transistors in "doped sub-straights". Like phosphorus and nitrogen are used to "dope" silicon... it sounds like they're "doping the diamond" to make semi-conductors/transistors.

HOT STUFF! (lol, not an angry fire this time)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I was going to post the info about the "Diamond Planet". The things you could do with access to that planet. Do you realize the economic and lifestyle effects on this planet if we were to have easy access to this planet of Diamond? The known supply of Diamonds would be like grains of sand! It would be like being on a beach of diamonds.

Another link about the "Diamond Planet":

www.reuters.com...

edit on 6-4-2012 by problemsolvr because: Sentence structure in 2nd sentence.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
aw this stuff was probably 30 years ago. i bet theres a diamond transmitter within a one mile radius of you that maybe has been there youve never known about.

this isnt the big question.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by problemsolvr

methinks that is actually a different other celestial body that may very well be an actual planet.

I'm fairly certain the one I referenced is not a planet, but, actually a star, more accurately a burned out white dwarf with a crystallized carbon core the size of our very own sun.

Evidently it's not really all that uncommon. Supposedly, some 5 Billion years from now, our own sun will be a burnt out crystallized carbon diamond.

Additionally, i can't find the source, but, closer to home, it's been proposed in the past that diamonds literally rain like, well, rain through the atmosphere of either Neptune, or Uranus.

edit on 6-4-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by andboycott

I AM curious. What is the big question?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by robhines

Is it ironic? or are we transitioning back in to "qubits"(cubits).

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
the big question is.. why is it happening that we are we not doing anything about it?

second

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by andboycott

Can we take a Ghandiesque approach and just give it some serious thought. And now it is to bed for me for sleep, perchance to dream.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
That it play games in the highest graphical settings, is all that really matters.

Excelsior, science!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I was shown that some time ago in a vision, a computer in a quartz, on a stand, virtualized, super computer, hooked up to a screen. Why not? It should work!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That is very awesome to read up on. On a serious note though. Can it run Crysis on ultra settings.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Kinda sounds like magic to me. Considering membership at the Mages Guild in Whiterun...

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

the universe built quantum computers inside the spirit of our biology, and thats why shamans are psychic.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

for what it's worth, this system has yet to be scaled up to the 512 qubits that dwave one has. The coherence issue is an interesting one and some people argue that the dwave one isn't entirely tapping into the full potential of quantum computing, however, this just seals the deal.

When you thought they were going to stuff dwaves into the computing center in utah, perhaps these will be used instead. And as far as those heat issues go, no problems with the following insight:
phys.org...

This article goes further than it's title to suggest that the only limits as to the degree of control these materials will have over the nuclear strong force, are the scale of microscopic features, the smaller the scale the higher the wavelength. Currently we are just about to enter optical wavelengths technology-wise with these materials. That will open the door to optical cloaks as well. The heat issue is easily solved with metamaterials, these materials can convert black-body radiation into a variety of other forms of radiation that are more easily dissipated.

I would stop there in my assertions of meta-materials as nobody will believe just how much farther down the rabbit hole the materials can go, just sticking to what would relevantly apply to this situation. It seems like this integration would be the next logical step.
edit on 6-4-2012 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Yes you are right, end users would find themselves so much better off indeed.
Working in IT, its things like backups/virus scans that would be able to run realtime with no effect on the users PC...possibilities are exciting.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

...unlike earlier gas- and liquid-state systems -- may represent the future of quantum computing because they can be easily scaled up in size.

Okay, I get the idea behind this. And I believe I could scale it up no problem, someone find me some really big diamonds...

What about the heart of jupiter, reported to be a 1000 cubic mile diamond at the heart of the gas giant.
that would be an excellent gateway to super positional states.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It seems like most people are looking at quantum computing like its going to speed up anti virus and other boring tasks. What about other sciences? Medical (aids cure, cancer cures, genetics, pandemic sims), the universe/big bang simulations (other worlds, other life forms), the earth its self (weather, earthquakes, environment) and then a slightly darker side of breaking encryption, design and worldwide simulation of bio weapons ect.

Although we are not at this point yet, this is where we are heading.

The possibilitys are endless, think outside the box

SH.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
can it find the Lotto numbers for tomorrow?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

they can grow these diamonds now mate cuts the cost

fyi they grow from a diamond seed in any shape or size

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join