It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops draw guns on MLB star

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Los Angeles Angels stud Torii Hunter was staring down the barrel of a loaded firearm yesterday ... when cops raced to his mansion in Newport, CA ... and drew their weapons on the MLB star.

Hunter admits it's kind of his fault ... explaining on Twitter that he accidentally triggered the house alarm ... and 20 minutes later cops had arrived to the property to investigate the scene.

Hunter says he went outside to talk with the cops ... and, "They drew their guns on me."

Ok here is a perfect example how not knowing the complete story an issue can be racially escalated just like that. Below is the rest of the story.

Much better. I give Hunter credit for doing the right thing and stating what the cops did was the right thing. It also seems that he cooperated with them which prevented further issues...like being tased or even shot.

Another man could have easily taken offense to the police not believing he lived there and gotten angry which very well could have escalated this whole ordeal.

www.tmz.com...
edit on 5-4-2012 by HawkeyeNation because: added source link

edit on Thu Apr 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
More details:

"I had a pistol upstairs. I'm a licensed gun owner. I'm glad I didn't get it because I could have been shot. What would have happened if I went out there?"

Now why would you even think about that when you know you tripped the alarm?

sports.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm glad you reported this story how you did. I am personally sick of all the race war cop brutality threads. Don't get me wrong there are crooked cops, but these cops did nothing wrong IMO. A house alarm was tripped and they saw a man in the yard. Their guns should've been drawn. I also have a probably with how this was reported. The saw the star was starring down the barrel of a gun, then later is says the guns were pointed downwards for safety? Which was it? It could've been both at different times, but it could also be to gains one attention. Glad he retweeted and said he was glad the cops handled the situation how they did.

Good post

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
I'm glad you reported this story how you did. I am personally sick of all the race war cop brutality threads. Don't get me wrong there are crooked cops, but these cops did nothing wrong IMO. A house alarm was tripped and they saw a man in the yard. Their guns should've been drawn. I also have a probably with how this was reported. The saw the star was starring down the barrel of a gun, then later is says the guns were pointed downwards for safety? Which was it? It could've been both at different times, but it could also be to gains one attention. Glad he retweeted and said he was glad the cops handled the situation how they did.

Good post

Good point...story was fabricated to gain the attention of us. Which it sure did at first.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It took them 20min to arrive? damnnn if my ADT alarm sounds I get the police in less than 5min.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns
It took them 20min to arrive? damnnn if my ADT alarm sounds I get the police in less than 5min.

I work for said alarm company. It all depends on the flow of incidents with the police department at that time. Could take 5 minutes, could take an hour.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The cops did their jobs, PERIOD. Nothing more to it.

Anyone whining about such an event is an idiot who is going to cause the cops to stop doing their jobs for FEAR of being labeled something bad.

I remember a time in the 90's where blacks up in the north east were driving completely RECKLESS and FLYING at very high rates of speed just for FUN right past cops just because the cops wanted NO part of the racial-profiling nonsense claims that were going on at the time. Even had the news filming these degenerates flying by cops at double the posted speed limits. We're talking about areas where CHILDREN were present...

Stop playing this nonsense race card BS folks and let our men in blue do their jobs. If cops become afraid to do their jobs, then we are in trouble...

edit on 5-4-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cdesigns

Also surprised it took that long being they had to have known which part of town they were going to. One of the rich and famous.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

they did nothing wrong at all really except for maybe jumping to conclusions....which was harmless in this case..

It's just that I remember a day when they would have showed up at his house and not drawn their guns on him they would have talked to him first and walked him inside to prove his ID...

Not a huge change, but it's probably not fun to have guns drawn on you either...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Nobody is whining about anything, man. The guy acted accordingly and things worked out fine. Who's whining??

top topics

join