It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK ENOUGH with the ANTI-GUN bull crap!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
This is to all of the people who crusade against an armed American society, why don't you THINK for a second!??!

There are multiple reasons why banning guns would be the worst decision made since establishing the fed. First off let me say that although I'm not registered at all, I more closely identify with democratic ideals... but NOT THIS ONE.

Here are the reasons why your idea sucks:

1) People who rob banks, invade homes, mug, kill over senseless crap, usually do NOT get their guns from a gun store. There is such thing as an 'underground'.. a 'black market' so to speak. So if your idea goes through, and guns are banned, that wouldn't stop the people who have guns, and have never been to a gun store. You don't know what a "hot box" is?!?

2) In the event of martial law, (for which we see the plans being laid out) there will be 2 sides. The police and military vs. the people. So in your "ideal world" the only people with guns are gonna be the people corralling us around, while we have no way to defend ourselves AT ALL??

3) If a guy was gonna go postal, there is no checklist. A GUN IS NOT REQUIRED!!! and we STILL wouldn't have a way to defend ourselves.

Stabbing Spree

Baseball Bat Attack…spree…

So what, are you gonna ban cutlery and baseball bats??

I'm sure people have been injured with butter knives too.. So do we blame the butter knife??

I now have 3 guns (thanks to ATS for helping me choose 2. lol) and they've only been shot at the range. And in the event that I need to use them, to defend myself or my family, or my home. I will use them.

You, in your wonderful unarmed box that you live in, enjoy that, but please tell me, if somebody kicks your door down (which isn't even uncommon anymore)... WTF are you gonna do?

ADT isn't Jesus you know....
edit on 5-4-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-4-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
/applause

This thread was really needed!

Banning guns will not I REPEAT WILL NOT affect the black market at all except make it more expensive... (I think)

People will use w/e they can when they go nuts... guns aren't the problem at all! people are!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
People who want to ban guns are often misled into believing that guns embolden crime. It's the notion that the availability of weapons is a direct cause of criminal shootings. Crime, by and large, is a direct result of educational and economic disparity. The number one method of crime prevention is education. In my opinion the second best method to the prevention of crime is economic liberty at macro and micro economic levels. If guns were the problem at the base of violent and some property crimes the areas with strict controls should be relatively crime free. By all accounts such a scenario is simply not true.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
given even in the UK with some of the toughest anti gun laws in the world its not that hard to get hold of a gun if you want it so trying to take the who knows how many guns from the american populace wont work unless you have some sort of star trek transporter than can scan the usa and beam all the weapons to a central point

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I understand your annoyed because people are strongly disagreeing with your views on guns lately,
but this is ATS and i thought debate is welcome.
i personally don't care about americans having guns because i'm not planning on going there anytime soon.
i am however glad that we don't allow all our people to carry guns.
that's my opinion and we're all entitled to one.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Please use one of the current threads on gun control to continue the discussion.

Everyone DOES understand why there can't be an Armed Population?

Time to take the gun from the American public!

Thread Closed.

top topics

join