It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I killed your Mother [WRC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Reflecting on my life I would sum it up as a blurred mess of drunken debauchery, others would say it was a reign of terror and lastly, my son would say a large failure. He did love his mom, but I hated mine and he probably thinks that's why I had his killed.

When I was a young boy I was quite fond of my Mother but as I grew older and her diatribe grew stronger perhaps I lost that deep respect all children are instilled with at a young age. This led to many positive and perhaps negative things in my life.

-

I suppose the story begins around my 15th birthday where my Mother had slapped me upside the head for not taking the garbage out forgetting that 15 years prior she had squeezed that same noggin out of her loins. Quite traumatic for a young lad, if I do say myself.

A month had gone by and I deeply questioned my relationships with women. The girls of my school had always thought of me as the nice friend who would listen to them during times of woe. "My boyfriend did this.." and, "He never says that..." blah, blah, blah, throwing my shoulder around for someone to cry on.

Well...

No more!

It was during that time that I cut off the exhausting relationships of my female cohorts and spent more time with the boys of Babcock High. It seems I had become quite a joke in the school. "He ought to just cut his nuts off and wear a dress." some of the kids had been saying behind my back. Seems when you tag around with women all the time people believe you become one.

Paul Christopher Peters grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and held his fist above my head. "You know Lizzy broke up with me because of you." He said.
        She broke up with because you... I wanted to say, but then stopped. I was still trained by women. I wanted to defend Lizzy without even thinking about my current situation. Paul lowered his fist and pushed me aside. "So you wanna be a normal dude now eh?" His eyes squinted and the rest of the crowd stared me down spaghetti western style.

"You better change the way you're dealin' with girls or none of us gonna think any differently of you."

I knew my vindication lay far outside the walls of our learned establishment. And in that revelation I decided to skip the rest of school that day. Hours passed by while I perused my deepest thoughts.

I ended up in the Library, shuffling through books from a hundred years past. Ended up reading about dictators, kings, and monarchs from different ages.
        The librarian at the center desk was an older woman, about seven years my senior. Sally Walters, single university student who lived on her own with a pet rabbit named "Jumpy". When I walked past her leaving the library, she smiled, I winked.

What kind of idiot winks?

No matter... She was interested. Our little session of flirting and toying continued over the course of two weeks. Eventually I brought a dozen roses to her on day she felt neglected. Probably wasn't the smartest maneuver given that I was trying to shed the submissive role I had with women. Always ending up as their used rag and such.
        Near the end of the two weeks I had finally broken the public barrier between the two of us. I ended up in Sally's university residence, she snuck me in. I found out why her rabbit was named "jumpy" and carried home a few scratches on my body.

The experience was surreal. Only because I had finally stopped caring about the opposite sex -feelings -thoughts -emotions.

A peculiar thing happened during this time however, I learned that not only could I disassociate myself from the feelings of women, but from everyone. The birth of a sociopath one might say, or perhaps the birth of a leader.
-

The crowd was quite pleased back in the great halls of education. That was the beginning of my new life.

---

Nine years later

---

My Mother and I had grown quite distant. In fact, I was distant with just about everyone besides my friend Chuck, who only served me as wingman on Wednesdays and Saturdays, (those two days being the only nights his wife let him out).

During this time my life consisted of Jack Daniels, Pizza, chance dealings with loose female executives and first year college students who hung out at Bobby Plats bar on weekends. I don't remember being up before the afternoon, and I'm not sure if I accomplished anything other than making videos I would never be able to show anyone. My life had spiraled down a one-track, goal oriented lust for everything you're not supposed to do.

I remember being damn picky in the beginning but things changed. Instead, I had become the Uncle who loved to eat every type of food at the table (my food not being food, but women). Different shapes and sizes, races and religions. Good ones and bad ones. Tattoos and piercings or nothing at all. It was an adventure. And a challenge! The favorites of course being the ones who proclaim wholesomeness but you can see the adulterous appetite beneath their eyes. They are terrible at hiding it.

At the time I had been "studying" political science. What I really did, was organize parties and events for all the people who shared my major. They did my work, and I provided their entertainment when the weren't studying. These are the ones who would be ruling our country in a few years.

My lust of women came to an abrupt halt during my last year of school. Nadia Walters called me at three in the morning crying. "I'm late" she said.

"Late for what?" I asked rather coldly.

"My period, it's been three weeks now. I'm late."

I wiped sweat from my brow and breathed deeply. Sighed, hung up the phone and went back to sleep. I didn't have time to think about these things.

-

Three weeks had gone by since Nadia called. Outside of a local political gathering, where I was hosting a public official's visit to our University, she found me. From behind she whispered. "You're gonna be a dad, ass." The first thing that came to mind was an abortion clinic, and how dumb she must have been for not being able to find one. After a quick chat it was apparent she wasn't going to visit one.
        There are no illegitimate children in politics. If there is, your career is over. I was going to be a father.

---

Nine more years later.

---

My foray into politics was short-lived. I began in a local riding as a councilman and quickly learned how utterly weak a political position was. After my stint, I went on to a consulting company that worked primarily in politics. The official work of the company was "consulting" but it did everything from lobbying to vote influencing, to some other nasty stuff. My third year there I was approached by an intelligence agency and took an analyst position, here was another major change in my life.
        For this job everything in my life came into question. My son was scrutinized as was my wife. Had I known I wasn't going to be in the public spotlight, I probably never would have talked to my son, but I had grown to love him. As for the wife, the agency felt her Russian background was problem. I figured the cold war had killed of paranoia of the "Reds", not so.

-

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Two years was all it took to learn the ropes. Consulting and lobbying was fun... Intelligence, was parachuting with no parachute and not dying at the end. After my first year I was placed into the field under political cover. The director and I were working on smooth transition of President Fairfield's agenda. Also known as Agenda 59.
        To say the President had any idea what Agenda 59 would be giving him to much credit. It was written by myself and the director and brainstormed by 18 leading multinational corporations. Before Fairfield laid eyes on it, we showed it over a hundred other politicians who were in our pockets. We wanted to vet through them first to make sure they were all on board. We needed influence and we knew the president had none.

Agenda 59

The only opposition to Agenda 59 was Russia and a couple Middle Eastern states. The rest of the world, suffering in it's turmoil would take anything for a solution. Agenda 59 outlines the smooth transition into a one-world state through a power structure that starts at the UN and trickles down all member countries with the most active having the most voting sway. It really means nothing, as all the people who are going to be representing their countries are already controlled by outside influence.
        The corporations behind the agency and our agenda are looking for simple tax breaks, regulatory changes and advantages that can be given for increased profit. Little effort for a major return. They will get it, and subsequently monopolize.
        The agency is the biggest winner out of the whole deal. The director and I are getting paid by the corporations. The government pays us, and then seeks our guidance for all decisions related to one-world order. All this leads to me and the director personally having control of a nation, and once agenda 59 is implemented, the world.

---

December 24th.

---

"It's Christmas Eve."

I have a wry look on my face. The director is beat red sitting in his office chair as if it was a throne. As if he had nowhere better to be.

"I know what day it is, I know what time it is, I called you here for something important and you damn well know it." He said.

A manila envelope brushed against the desk. I picked it up.

"What's this?"

"Look inside."

A dozen or so pictures clear as day, high resolution. They felt clean in my hands. Slippery. . .I wanted to turn them over because a quick glimpse brought about my worst fears.

"She's a spy."

I said nothing.

Flipping over one of the photos I took another look. It was Nadia making a dead drop. A couple more of a Russian diplomat making his pick up.

"I thought we had control of all the Russian diplomats on our soil" I asked, ignoring the elephant in the room.

"We do." the director replied, "we have all the ones loyal to Agenda 59. That's who tipped us off about this."

I reached beneath my jacket and pulled my 9mm from its shoulder holster and waived it in the air. The director smirked, "I don't think that will be necessary," he said. "She was born here," he continued, "She is a citizen of this country, probably picked up by the Russians when she visited family back home."

"So?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"So, I have another idea."

The director set down an attache on the desk. It hit with a thud. "I need you to press her fingerprints on all the pages in this. Get her drunk or something first. The next day, you are going to call this office..." The director handed me a piece of paper, "explain you are with the agency and you uncovered that your wife is a spy. They will send local police to apprehend her with a few of their agents."

Then what? I wanted to ask but knew it wasn't needed.

"I already spoke with Fairfield, she is going to get the death penalty. We will make sure it happens fast, the trial should only last a month."

"What's in the case?" I asked.

"Everything!" The director's cheeks lit up, "I made this look perfect. Your wife is going to be labeled anti-59, I have her linked to every despicable act carried out against innocent people we could. You will need to work some of your contacts so they will testify to the information we fabricated. This is just an add-on to all the good work you've already done. She will be the biggest enemy to the world, and Agenda 59 will be the world's salvation."

The lights flickered as I left the room.

-

On the way home I thought deeply about the situation. I had gone so many years resenting women, using them as I saw fit. And here I was being used by one who I had grown to love but it didn't matter. She was just doing what I had done to so many. Yet, she would become a statistic because of a greater calling. Because I had given up on love and all the accompanying feelings many years ago.

A split second while passing under a bridge it all came back. The resentment subsided and for just a moment I felt like I had back in grade school. I thought about how I could get my wife out of the country, I could give up my twisted path of emptiness and save her life and our family. And then it faded as fast as the street lights passed the car.

edit on 5-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
---

Christmas Day

---

My son ran down the stairs in the early morning. His face was bright like the lights on the tree. I was already up, sipping coffee by the fireplace staring at an attache case beside my chair. Thinking about how I would have his Mother's prints on each page by next week.

The little one picked up a present, "Can I open it daddy?"

I nodded.

"This is going to be the best Christmas ever." He said.

Yes, it might be, but it's going to be a hell of a new year for you son. Nobody likes losing their Mother. Maybe I would, but then again, I stopped loving her as a kid. "Your not really going to get that chance are you?"

"What daddy?" He replied.

I had spoken unintentionally.

"Nothing son, nothing. Open your presents..."

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
My entry into the Ruler of the World Writing Contest.

I hacked up a previously story that did not meet the t&c requirements and turned it into something new. For the readers, I was trying give a personal account of someone who lost faith in something (In this case, women) and in that, led their life down a destructive path. (Albeit a bit of a misogynist one) One that would include the kind of selfishness that you would find in a dictator or power hungry person.

If there is any other meaning you can find in it, feel free to deconstruct.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Great story Boncho

At first I thought it was a personal recounting and thought to myself " How sloppy that he gave details such as names, places and timelines. How easy would it be for me to find out who Boncho is?"

Then I clicked the links.

I guess that's a testimony to how good your story is. I bought it.

That was a good way to sum up what happens when you lose faith in something positive. In this case, women.You can have all the success that comes from detaching yourself from other people, but when the time comes that you let somebody else in, karma will have its way with you eventually.

If there's a moral to this story at all, I think it would be that a person should never completely lose faith in the positive, because it will always win out in the end. In the case of this story, it won out by killing the love that the man never really had faith in to begin with. Only AFTER it was gone, did he realize what he had.

The ultimate in tough love I guess.

And conversely, if you always hold out a glimmer of hope.....you're leaving the door open for love to walk through. And whether it does or not is beside the point at that juncture. The point is that you're keeping the faith. It's something positive that you're keeping in your life. If something else positive, like love, comes in as a result of that, that's great. But if it doesn't.....what have you lost?

Really?

Because of personal experience and my observations of other people though, I've noticed that the people who keep the faith get rewarded.

They really do.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Bravo, Boncho!

For me, if I start seeing pictures in my mind while I'm reading, I know it's clicking. I did, so you get a star and flag from me

Nice work

edit on 5-4-2012 by HIWATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I enjoyed your breakdown of the story, thanks.

reply to post by HIWATT

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

When I read the title, I thought, good grief how can boncho possibly pull this one off? Then I read. SnF.

Well done, as I was fascinated reading about the development of your character and particularly your samplings of "food". If life was a buffet, you tried every dish.

Pulled this one off really well. I liked it.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Wow..... nice gotdamn title

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thanks again druid for checking out my stories. If I haven't seen yours in this new one yet ill make a point to check it out soon as I get back home. Out of town right now on the mobile.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Another gem.

Well done.

beez

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Another gem.

Well done.

beez

Thanks Beez.

Just finished with yours. Well done as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Simply Marvelous B...........

Title alone,was inspiring.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Simply Marvelous B...........

Title alone,was inspiring.

I imagine a few were thinking about their Mother in law when first reading it...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

How about when you have two ? (Don't ask)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by boncho

How about when you have two ? (Don't ask)

Sounds like a good theme for next months writing contest.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Cool story, bro.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder
Cool story, bro.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Something strange is going on in the SS forum...

...Maaaaasqua!

new topics

top topics

join