It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important tool for all Christians and anyone interested in the Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I feel like sharing something that I've been using for a while now with everyone here on ATS. It is a tool called the Interlinear Scripture Analyzer.

Basically what it is, it's a free tool that you download and it's an amazing study Bible... it's got the entire Old Testament in its original Hebrew format, transliterated and translated and presented side by side with the KJV, along with the Strongs Concordance which gives meanings and definitons to all the Hebrew words.

The entire New Testament is also in the tool, all in its original Koine Greek form, and transliterated / translated alongside the KJV, with the Strongs Concordance defintions available.

I own many paper Bibles and have used just about all of the popular Bible websites ( biblegateway , bible.cc , and others ) and this tool is by far the best version of the Bible I have ever owned or used.

I think this is an important thing for any Christian who uses a computer for their studies, and through using this tool you can get truths of the Bible you never realized before. Things like Hell not being a place of eternal torment, but rather eternal death, and the truths of the afterlife and heaven, and the revelation.

The website to download the tool is: www.scripture4all.org...
It is a completely free download, no registration required, just go and click download and install.

I also installed the Concordance Literal Version translation, so now when I pull up the ISA I get the Hebrew/Greek transliteration/translations, side by side with the CLV and KJV Bibles. It truly gives a remarkable depth to the scriptures reading them this way...

I hope you guys enjoy it!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
i use a computer for my "studies" but have never used that

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Newagekid2012

Alright, well that's nice.

Care to go into any depth what studies you are speaking of? And would you download it and look? Are you interested?

Do you have anything more to add than one fragmented sentence?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Thank you very much for sharing. Is anyone here using e-Sword? It is very good, makes me wish I had a computer of my own, I highly recommend it. e-Sword

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to [url= by Iason321[/url]

Things like Hell not being a place of eternal torment, but rather eternal death, and the truths of the afterlife and heaven, and the revelation.

Isn't that mere interpretation? I mean, isn't that part of reading the bible?

What business does a small app have giving such a specific interpretation?

As it stands most Christians haven't read the bible, but now some of those that do don't even have to think while doing it!

edit on 5-4-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

As it stands most Christians haven't read the bible, but now some of those that do don't even have to think while doing it!

If you're really a christian and not the antichristian knockoff, Jesus teaches you without the need to read scripture. Scripture pops into my head all the time that i've never read and i go look it up and its right there in the bible. Kinda goes hand in hand with him writing his laws in your mind and on your heart like this:

Hebrews 8:7-12

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8 Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11 None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”

Look, here it is again, this one about 500 years before the above mentioned:

Jeremiah 31: 31-34

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more."

This is where the Baptists draw their once saved always saved doctrine from.
edit on 5-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Sounds a lot like Brain Washing.

Didn't Hitler's gang do the same things with telling their themes over and over until they became second nature..

=======

bluesmobilemusic.com...

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintainedonly for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.” JOSEPH GOEBBELS

----

“The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over” JOSEPH GOEBBELS

-----

“How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” ADOLPH HITLER

“Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.” ADOLPH HITLER

“Through clever and constant application of propaganda, people can be made to see paradise as hell, and also the other way round, to consider the most wretched sort of life as paradise.” ADOLPH HITLER

“The art of leadership. . . consists in consolidating the attention of the people against a single adversary and taking care that nothing will split up that attention. . . .” ADOLPH HITLER

==========

I think we should vote on higher education, reading lots of books, and not walking in lock step.

Religion invented the ways that Hitler's gang used.

Freedom isn't following either methods road to being controlled.

edit on 5-4-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Reject Mind Control games

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I like to use biblegateway. com, its faster than digging around in my Holy Bible for scripture and you can get the scriptures from any type of bible just about.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm glad some of you found this useful!

And lonewolf, Biblegateway is my old standby as well! I usually use it when I'm just surfing the web or just want to read the scripture real quick.

But when I sit down and silence myself and truly fall into Gods Word, I like to use my ISA and read the verses 3 times over, I will read the Hebrew / Greek transliteration, let it sink in, then read the KJV and CLV translations and pray and wait for understanding and wisdom.

Bless you all

new topics

top topics

join