It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An article about ATS on Uncyclopedia, the satire site!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Uncyclopedia, the satire comedy site which imitates Wikipedia, is where I often roam, and in order to share lots of threads with them I built up [uncyclopedia.wikia.com... an entire article on ATS]. I hope you like it. We are a wiki, so feel free to edit there, although there's no lock that your edit will stick. Let me know what you think. And please take any joshing with a grain of salt - which women here know the chemistry formula for - satire is a time-tested way of passing along real data. And fun too!

[uncyclopedia.wikia.com... The link again, in case of "missed it".]

Hmmm, different coding used here. But hopefully the link still works.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Aleister because: edit

edit on 4-4-2012 by Aleister because: ed

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

That was purdy good and with an accurate description as well. Bravo! I hope everyone gets to see this. I edited one f word for ya, for ex -texting post.

Men who prowl ATS have fun with facts, fear, frivolity, and fantasy - the 4-F Club for those who don't f#@*. The women who write there are the salt of the earth, and likely know the chemical formula for both salt and earth. In fact, ATS's brave users exist far ahead of their time while digging their muddy hands into their time. If anyone tells you that ghosts can drive a UFO, they probaby aren't doing it on ATS, which doesn't put up very well with stupid. When an ATS thread reaches fifty stars you can bet your mother's house that some good data got through the dumb-down filter laid across the net by "the man" and "his woman". And if it's excitement you're after, exploring the site's caves and forums can take you deep into weird caverns where stalagtites grow faces and yell at you about the next big thing. Just don't swing your arms around, you're liable to hit Stephen Hawking on the way out.

Touch'e and still
-ing

ETA: You wrote this? Well yea man, congrats! You have certainly encapsulated the gist of it all, wrapped up in satire and well delivered!

Peace,
spec
edit on 4-4-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Oh my, if the article linked is really yours all I can say is kudos.
The picture in the article (with supporting text) is hilarious in itself but this one stuck out to my twisted sense of humour too.

Oddly, they allow no mention of "drugs", even though a healthy percentage of their users are solidly and significantly stoned when they come to visit.

Thanks for writing it and having a sense of humour. May all your conspiracy theories be blessed. And all your disinfo be shot down in flames, whichever the case may be.

Peace and still laughing.

LighSpeedDriver
BTW You spelled significantly wrong in your article. Just a heads-up.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thank you guys, for compliments and stuff. I fixed the misspelling, thank you. I enjoy ATS, and have been sharing it with some of the users at Uncy, which is a pretty fun place and has been accurately described as a playground for adults. Lots of good people there. "We" could sure use any humour people here have on either old or new conspiracy, etc., pages. The "good" pages are featured, and among the 27,000 nonfeatured pages there are lots of dogs and IP spammed nonsense, same as anywhere. I've had fun there.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There is also an entry about ATS on the former Encyclopedia Dramatica, which is archived here:

It is not very complimentary, to say the least, but if you have a resilient sense of humor it may amuse you.

WARNING: It contains offensive language and themes. Read at your own discretion.
edit on 4-4-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on Apr 5th 2012 by Djarums because: vulgar link removed

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

ED ceased being funny many years ago which is why this Uncyclopedia article is so good. The style is still the same but it is with real humour and no overdose of scantily clad women and foul language.
ETA I like your avatar. Impossible Mission and I believe, the C64 version.

edit on 4/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Thanks for the ED post, I didn't know they had one (and honestly didn't know they were still online, there was a big split about a year ago). I scanned it pretty well and learned a lot about ATS. The page on Uncyclopedia was mainly written 1) so I could save links to articles I like on a user page, and 2) to share information with the users there. Writing the page was just to put a structure to those two intents.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

ED ceased (also someone made a copy of it on a .cz domain I think, after all the defacement and deleting of good articles) and became "Oh Internet" with zero content due to spam and stupidity. It had it's day and in the end was nothing.
ETA I think it's a general rule, you need Mods and good ones. Despite the thing we may not mention, ATS is a fairly good place to be for CT's. And maybe ET's too.

edit on 4/4/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

ETA I like your avatar. Impossible Mission and I believe, the C64 version.

Correct and I'm glad you like it. You're the first to mention it. I downloaded a C64 long-play video to capture frames and create the gif. I spent a lot of time playing that game when I was a kid!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
whoever wrote the ED article must've gotten seriously debunked and holds a great bitterness. lol

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

"Ah, a visitor. Stay a while. Stay forever!" Oh yes, much time wasted on that most difficult of games.
I was a spectrum owner and was jealous of my C64 owning friend. C64 sound capabilities were awesome. Digitised speech in 1984 or thereabouts? Who'd a thunk it?
(The Sinclair Spectrum did it too but pff, warbly in comparison!)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Quite possibly. ED started out quite well but then the angry basement dwellers took over and made it a sham and an insulting one at that. I think the Mods (if such a thing ever existed on that site) just gave up reverting articles and left out of frustration. This is why other sites with Mods are more enjoyable. I mean, there's plenty of funny stuff on here too but you must play by the rules.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Yes, Uncy has very good mods, except for certain times of the day - Australian time, mostly, but we're fixing that soon - and, I listed a link to the rules but it didn't take. We have three rules: 1) Be funny and not just stupid - 2) Don't be a d*ck - 3) Dance like you've never danced before.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Aleister because: link failed

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I love how you used my Skinny Chicks thread to show the craziness that goes on here.

I made the top 4!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thanks. And did you notice how I replaced "next generation" with "net generation"? It was originally a typo, and then I liked it and kept it. I enjoyed your thread, thank you. But skinny girls are nice too.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That was awesome, if I wasn't a member and read that I would give a look.

BTW, thanks for adding my thread
Rival Emperor Stakes Claim to Japanese Throne, Shows Evidence Of 8,000 Yr Old Sumerian Object. PICS!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was reading through, and saw I'm the Emperor , no I'm the Emperor, and said, hey there's another one out there that I missed, and there came up my thread

S&F, NRE.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I saw how you took some "liberties" with the thread titles and figured you were getting a little creative with the title.

here's another one you might want to add to your list Giant peeing statue threatens City of Brotherly Love!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Done, and added. That's a strange non-optical illusion. I bet William Penn would have approved though, so it's all good. Life will find a way.

The one time I was in Philadelphia the City Hall was very old but very impressive. I wandered its halls for a long time, just walking aimlessly to get a feel of the mazelike atmosphere of the place.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Yes, I agree this site is great Al, I'm quite addicted to it myself: I inject in the morning and snort some of it in the evening XD

edit on 4-4-2012 by Mattsnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mattsnow
Not all of our users are fortunately/unfortunately similar to the above, and not all of our articles on subjects which might interest people on ATS are as good as the one Aleister wrote, but that's where you come in! It's very easy to sign up, or you can edit many pages without an account.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join