It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible: Proofs of its Supernatural Origin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

and threatens (to this day) to destroy the rest of they don't bow to him.

He threatens to destroy it no matter what you do.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by Lionhearte

After reading this thread, i am absolutely convinced ATS has been infiltrated. There is no way half of these posters are real people.

Are you seeing the hidden agenda here too? I often wonder what is the true purpose of attempting to convince the membership that that the Bible is the ultimate truth and we should all blindly believe every word of it? Nostradamus made some prophecies that came true also...Famous Fulfilled Prophecies of Nostradamus
This effort is not just confined to the hallowed walls of ATS either, look at the controversies right now over taking God from from the school songs, off the money, and away from government buildings. I have been reading of banks foreclosing on Churches, and Atheist billboards proclaiming the Myth of Christianity.

"When you question someone's long-held beliefs and doctrine they are going to be immediately offended and be on the defensive: it's a known psychological phenomenon......"
source
It is a war, plain and simple, a war of attribution rather than a shooting war, more like an information war.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Op I have a question if I may...

What's the next prophecy to be fulfilled in this timeline? And when will it occur?
I'm guessing if they knew the future back then, that they would know up until now and the rest of time I guess.

So by the scripts, if you can, tell me what's the next prophecy for tomorrow? And when will it occur as I would Love to see a modern prophecy unfold.

And no sarcasm or arrogance, I just genuinly would like to know...
Peace!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The ultimate end of Tyre comes before Armageddon, just like the destruction of Demascus. Much of Ezekiel is a battlemap of the battles that take place after Christ first returns at Busirah on the Jordanian side of the northern Red Sea coast. Remember the old testament was a foreshadowing of things still to come, it will cycle back around and when it does it will be the last time. Events in the Bible always come in circles, each time they loop around it gets worse. It's a repeating pattern until Yahweh has had enough. Alot of those old prophets caught glimpses of battles, or more accurately the end results of those battles.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Come on are you all truly blinkered.

Anyone can write a book of so-called prophecys etc and back date them to the beginning of time and say that is the word of a God ...... it doesnt make it so.

I will be glad when the day comes that religion is seen for what it is ........... a sham!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Okay .. other than the usual religous hogwash ..

Where's the promised proof ?

You know .. "proof" as in physical evidence. "Proof" as mentioned in the thread-title.

I can give you *real* proof that the bible is a loose collection of hearsay and falsified reports collected over many centuries, translated and re-translated, from all kinds of people with their own little agenda.

You fail. You get an F. Sit down.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Anyone can write a book of so-called prophecys etc and back date them to the beginning of time and say that is the word of a God ...... it doesnt make it so.

I will be glad when the day comes that religion is seen for what it is ........... a sham!
To an extent, I agree.

However, the only thing in religions that can be called a sham are the political/dogmatic aspects of it, because those tend to further the propagator's agenda which is often fear, control, and confusion. Religious works are still useful for some knowledge, and acts as a moral compass - some religions more than others (Buddhism for example, as it's very neutral, ie "middle path"), but they aren't totally necessary for morality as we see that there are plenty of good non-religious people out there. In the end, they're tools for us to help climb a mountain if we so choose to.

So, calling it a sham isn't quite accurate.
Things within it may be a sham, but a few bad apples isn't a good enough reason to throw out the whole basket. Unfortunately, the Bible is probably the most tampered with work in the world today, so one shouldn't blindly follow it or blindly follow anything really.

But, whatever boils your potato. No one needs to adhere to a certain religion to be spiritual though, just consider them philosophies as they should be considered.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I didn't ask you any questions I asked the thread maker.......or are you both the same person.

I will ask you a question : How come when there are more christians on this world than any other religion, is there still so much suffering.? .....e.g...... war, starvation ect..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The Earth is 4 Billion years old, we have evolved, there are infinite Universes-each with their own Laws and Constants. We are not even a tiny spec in this glorious Multi-verse. So I say again, there is NO god, forget it and stop following organizations that want to control you.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by yahushuasaves

It is impossible to refute the Messianic Prophecies. How could any one person make these events happen exactly as they happened to the letter? The answer is that the Bible is the Living Word of God, and the Messiah is Jesus Christ. The first prophecy of Christ even occurs in Genesis. It is impossible to deny these prophecies. It cannot be done.

Bro, you're right, they cannot refute Yeshua. Instead they stick their fingers in their ears and say "lalalalala i am not listening" thinking that if they believe hard enough he will no longer exist or they fall back on a weak argument that biblical archeaologists have already disproved that Yeshua was fabricated at the Council of Nicea. It doesn't matter how much evidence you gather to support you, they were never meant to believe, theyre the tares.

Trying to prove the truth is a waste of time, these people are not here to hear the truth, theyre here to troll and try us and beat us down and make us doubt and bleed us dry into a death of a thousand cuts. The best we can hope for is to strengthen eachother and prepare for what we know is coming. Let the thief in the night catch these fools unawares, their end will be the same as the end of the priests who were caught sleeping on duty in the temple when they were supposed to be watching.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I didn't ask you any questions I asked the thread maker.......or are you both the same person.

I will ask you a question : How come when there are more christians on this world than any other religion, is there still so much suffering.? .....e.g...... war, starvation ect..

Jesus didn't come to bring peace, but a sword. He came to die for the sins of the world. The devil and his imps are still controlling this world. That's what the 2nd coming is for. Christ is building His heavenly kingdom at this point in time. But there will be a day when He brings it to Earth, then there will finally be peace and righteousness in the land.

And I realize you didn't ask me any questions, but am I not free to respond if I know the answer? Is this like study hall when I have to raise my hand and be called upon to give my opinions? Are you a blogger who is new to internet forums and how they normally operate? Serious question, your statement seems odd like you have never experienced someone addressing your posts before.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SchwarzRitter
The Earth is 4 Billion years old, we have evolved, there are infinite Universes-each with their own Laws and Constants. We are not even a tiny spec in this glorious Multi-verse. So I say again, there is NO god, forget it and stop following organizations that want to control you.

Take a class in Physics. There is neither infinity in the microcosm, not infinity in the macrocosm. The universe isn't infinite, this is old news.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

It is impossible to refute the Messianic Prophecies. How could any one person make these events happen exactly as they happened to the letter? The answer is that the Bible is the Living Word of God, and the Messiah is Jesus Christ. The first prophecy of Christ even occurs in Genesis. It is impossible to deny these prophecies. It cannot be done.

. It doesn't matter how much evidence you gather to support you, they were never meant to believe, theyre the tares.

My heart used to be very hardened.

I used to be one of those snub nosed atheists who would laugh at even the idea of the Bible or God.
Don't discount those people or say they were never meant to believe....all things are possible with God!

That's why I keep coming back and replying, and trying to chip away at the rock hard hearts here on ATS, because I feel bad for them as they remind me of myself in my earlier years, when I was a lot less knowledgable and knew not the ways of the world or reasons for being.
edit on 4/5/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It doesn't matter how much evidence you gather to support you, they were never meant to believe, theyre the tares.

Unbelievers aren't the tares, they're the "goats". The tares are the "wolves", or in other words, people who claim to be sheep but are not. Wolves devour sheep, goats do not. What is interesting to note though from a kid who grew up in the country. Tares and wheat look the same until harvest time, but when the wind (Ruach) blows the wheat moves with it and the tares do not. They remain rigid.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321

. It doesn't matter how much evidence you gather to support you, they were never meant to believe, theyre the tares.

I used to be one of those snub nosed atheists who would laugh at even the idea of the Bible or God.
Don't discount those people or say they were never meant to believe....all things are possible with God!

That's why I keep coming back and replying, and trying to chip away at the rock hard hearts here on ATS, because I feel bad for them as they remind me of myself in my earlier years, when I was a lot less knowledgable and knew not the ways of the world or reasons for being.

Amen! The apostles and Christ only had harsh bitter words for the wolves posing as sheep, not the unbelievers. Just the religious hypocrites. We have no idea what the Spirit is doing in someone's life. If He is bringing them to saving faith or not. And we attack the wolves severely not because we don't love them, it's because we ALSO love the sheep.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoLoveInFear46and2
Op I have a question if I may...

What's the next prophecy to be fulfilled in this timeline? And when will it occur?
I'm guessing if they knew the future back then, that they would know up until now and the rest of time I guess.

So by the scripts, if you can, tell me what's the next prophecy for tomorrow? And when will it occur as I would Love to see a modern prophecy unfold.

And no sarcasm or arrogance, I just genuinly would like to know...
Peace!

My firmest belief is the 7 Year Peace Treaty with Israel - they have had HUNDREDS of peace treaties, but none of them worked or went through. So what would make this peace treaty different? The rebuilding of the Temple that the Jews are DYING to build - to continue their sacrifices. Right now the Temple is under Jordanian control..

So, my guess? Perhaps this year. Christians everywhere feel it, the Church feels it. It is the revealing of the man of sin - the one who Satan will enter at the 3 1/2 year mark. With it, the 7 year Tribulation starts.

Daniel 9:27 - 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.

Seven years. The Temple is what is required for Jews to continue their daily sacrifices (they have not sacrificed since they have returned to Jerusalem in 1948 - right now they go to the Wailing Wall to ask for Forgiveness). They will have it for 3 1/2 years. It will be a time of peace - false peace - and when the Jews cry out "Peace and Safety!", then sudden destruction will come upon them - 1 Thessalonians 5:3.

The 3 1/2 year mark is when the man - who proposes this treaty, he is just a man - will be possessed by Satan himself. Satan will finally be on Earth in the flesh, for the first time - and he is known as the Abomination that causes desolation - and we even get a numerical dating confirmation in Daniel 12:11 - "And from the time that the continual burnt-offering shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand and two hundred and ninety days."

After all of that happens, we're all in for some real fun as we ALL enter into the Great Tribulation. I personally believe this, though there are others who believe otherwise. Still, look at this world around you! Look at Israel! Look at Iran! Israel is getting ready to attack Iran, possibly before the end of Summer, and what will that cause? WW3, if anything. If they do strike - Iran is bombed, Oil skyrockets. That will surely fulfill the prophecy of the 3rd seal - Economic collapse (because the Seals happen after the treaty).

Here is the 3rd Seal, Revelation 6:5-6 - 5 When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. 6 Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

I really could go on and on. But, again, the next one to be fulfilled (hell, we're already seeing prophecy be fulfilled in Ezekial 36-38, read for yourself!), I believe, is the signing of the peace treaty - for seven years - with Israel - with the offering of the Temple mount (which Jordan controls).

Look up. Watch.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Of course, I hate religion too, but in the context of your post, I see you're referring to Christianity. That day will not come, unless - for example - Israel goes to war, and is defeated. If that happens, Christianity will cease to exist. My entire family will reject our faith, the Church will dissolve, and the memory of the Christians will be forgotten forever..

Too bad Israel will never lose a war, though. Never has, never will. What was that one war, where they were outnumbered 30 to 1, and still won? Must be Blessed by God..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by Iason321

Amen! The apostles and Christ only had harsh bitter words for the wolves posing as sheep, not the unbelievers. Just the religious hypocrites. We have no idea what the Spirit is doing in someone's life. If He is bringing them to saving faith or not. And we attack the wolves severely not because we don't love them, it's because we ALSO love the sheep.

I would say that everybody is a wolf/sheep hybrid.
Everybody is on the same team.
edit on 5-4-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Too bad Israel will never lose a war, though. Never has, never will. What was that one war, where they were outnumbered 30 to 1, and still won? Must be Blessed by God..

Well, in the 6 Day War they romped all over the islamic Arabs and didn't take any losses, and took Mt Moriah right out from under them and all of the Sinai Penninsula, the Golan Heights and Jerusalem and they did it without the Ark...

...But the Antichrist will kick their cans and exterminate 2/3's of them and put them to flight for Petra, no mention if it's in battle or if theyre caught with their trousers down, but according to the Quran, it's the muslim who do this and the jews will hide behind rocks or trees and the rocks or trees will grow mouths and say "slave of Allah, there is a jew hiding behind me, come kill him". So apparently its in a battle if you take that into account. Guess we know who the Antichrist's forces are that put them to flight.
edit on 5-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

I would say that everybody is a wolf/sheep hybrid.
Everybody is on the same team.

No, the context is what Jesus taught. He said there was a difference between sheep, wolves, and goats. They are metaphors for believers, false teachers/believers, and unbelievers.

edit on 5-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join