It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible: Proofs of its Supernatural Origin

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

This is not something I am saying by myself. Theologians have said this same thing for centuries. This is a foreshadowing of the future. Read Genesis 37 - 50 and you get the same. Joseph, slavery, 7 years of famine, the brothers (Israel) do not know who Joseph is (archetype of Christ). Moses taking the people out of slavery. It's all a foreshadowing of the last week of Daniel.

You are reading sites like THIS ONE ON EZEKIEL and being deceived into believing a lie.

edit on 5-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Where does this prophecy say anything about the Prince of Tyre?

“For thus says the Lord God: Behold, I will bring against Tyre from the north Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, and with horsemen and a host of many soldiers. He will kill with the sword your daughters on the mainland. He will set up a siege wall against you and throw up a mound against you, and raise a roof of shields against you. He will direct the shock of his battering rams against your walls, and with his axes he will break down your towers. His horses will be so many that their dust will cover you. Your walls will shake at the noise of the horsemen and wagons and chariots, when he enters your gates as men enter a city that has been breached. With the hoofs of his horses he will trample all your streets. He will kill your people with the sword, and your mighty pillars will fall to the ground. They will plunder your riches and loot your merchandise. They will break down your walls and destroy your pleasant houses. Your stones and timber and soil they will cast into the midst of the waters. And I will stop the music of your songs, and the sound of your lyres shall be heard no more. I will make you a bare rock. You shall be a place for the spreading of nets. You shall never be rebuilt, for I am the Lord; I have spoken, declares the Lord God. (Ezekiel 26:3-14)

We are not talking about symbolism here! We're talking about prophecy, if it proves the divine supernatural, and if the prophecy actually took place as prophesized.

This prophecy did not happen as prophesized.
edit on 5-4-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

What about the other nations? Alexander finally destroyed it.

After a closer look at the text, however, such an interpretation is misguided. Ezekiel began his prophecy by stating that “many nations” would come against Tyre (26:3). Then he proceeded to name Nebuchadnezzar, and stated that “he” would build a siege mound, “he” would slay with the sword, and “he” would do numerous other things (26:7-11). However, in 26:12, the pronoun shifts from the singular “he” to the plural “they.” It is in verse 12 and following that Ezekiel predicts that “they” will lay the stones and building material of Tyre in the “midst of the waters.” The shift in pronouns is of vast significance, since it shifts the subject of the action from Nebuchadnezzar (he) back to the many nations (they). Till and others fail to see this shift and mistakenly apply the utter destruction of Tyre to the efforts of Nebuchadnezzar.

Furthermore, Ezekiel was well aware of Nebuchadnezzar’s failure to destroy the city. Sixteen years after his initial prediction, in the 27th year of Johoiachin’s captivity (circa 570 B.C.), he wrote: “Son of man, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon caused his army to labor strenuously against Tyre; every head was made bald, and every shoulder rubbed raw; yet neither he nor his army received wages from Tyre, for the labor which they expended on it” (29:18). Therefore, in regard to the prophecy of Tyre as it relates to Nebuchadnezzar’s activity, at least two of the elements were fulfilled (i.e., the siege mound and the slaying of the inhabitants in the field).

Alexander made a land bridge to finally destroy Tyre.

Make sure to follow up with the references. (But I doubt you'll read that far, your mind appears already made up)

www.apologeticspress.org

edit on 5-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

After reading this thread, i am absolutely convinced ATS has been infiltrated. There is no way half of these posters are real people.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

After reading this thread, i am absolutely convinced ATS has been infiltrated. There is no way half of these posters are real people.

"Someone doesn't agree with me so they either must be retarded or don't exist at all, there's no possible way someone is more intelligent than me or has done the extensive research I have done over all topics of life and still manages to disagree with me. Nope. No way. Deny ignorance."

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

The Church of today, and of yesterday is the Antichrist.

Nothing of the teaching has anything to do with being Christ-like, but to appease some unknown entity.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

This "Israel" you speak of does not match any of the criteria layed out in ANY of the texts.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yahushuasaves

Of course you cannot refute it, none of it is provable, none of it taken in any real context...and like i said about Israel..

NOTHING EVEN IN YOUR BIBLE, shows a match in ANYTHING this MAN-GOD was supposed to have accompished...

This is just as bad as Islam in the total barbaric...

And the funniest part is , NO JEWS believe A WORD OF IT.

The entire religion is BUILT upon laughing at Christianity in its modern form, but they do indeed like your prayers and support, in the TRILLIONS of dollars.

You guys are following unearthly origined religions that have NOTHING to do with Earth at all , and very soon this will be made clear...

The proverbial Wheat and the Chaff, will be coming, and subservience and belief with no real substance will be challenged in the HIGHEST of courts...your shock will be great !!

And we , the ones who take NO backseat , will be waiting if your hearts have not failed you yet,, to pick up the pieces and hopefully piece back together your soul.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
want to debunk the Bible and cause Christians everywhere to renounce their faith? Rebuild the City of Tyre.

The City of Tyre has already been rebuilt. It's in Lebanon.

Wikipedia - Tyre

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Can you tell me who created god? And the person that created god, and on and on etc....????

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore
reply to post by yahushuasaves

Of course you cannot refute it, none of it is provable, none of it taken in any real context...and like i said about Israel..

NOTHING EVEN IN YOUR BIBLE, shows a match in ANYTHING this MAN-GOD was supposed to have accompished...

This is just as bad as Islam in the total barbaric...

And the funniest part is , NO JEWS believe A WORD OF IT.

Uhh, yea. Of course the Jews don't read the New Testament, they stick to the Torah.. Of course, that also disproves that other claim skeptics make that all the prophecies are self-fulfilled.. how can they be self-fulfilled when the Jews don't even read the NT? And actually EVERYTHING IN THE BIBLE has a match to EVERYTHING this GOD said He would do. To even make that statement is absurd, have you ever even read the Bible? Maybe you can say something about how barbaric it i- oh, wait. You did. Typical.

The entire religion is BUILT upon laughing at Christianity in its modern form, but they do indeed like your prayers and support, in the TRILLIONS of dollars.

You actually believe that's what the Bible says to do? Tithe?

That's really sad. I'll pray for you.

You guys are following unearthly origined religions that have NOTHING to do with Earth at all , and very soon this will be made clear...

The proverbial Wheat and the Chaff, will be coming, and subservience and belief with no real substance will be challenged in the HIGHEST of courts...your shock will be great !!

And we , the ones who take NO backseat , will be waiting if your hearts have not failed you yet,, to pick up the pieces and hopefully piece back together your soul.

You really have no idea what the Bible is about. Read my thread in my signature below.

reply to post by Noncents

Already established in an earlier post.

"The modern city of Tyre is of modest size and is near the ancient site, though not identical to it. Archaeological photographs of the ancient site show ruins from ancient Tyre scattered over many acres of land. No city has been rebuilt over these ruins, however, in fulfillment of this prophecy." (Dennis and Grudem, “Tyre,” The ESV Study Bible)

reply to post by 4hero

Can you tell me who created god? And the person that created god, and on and on etc....????

That is a failed argument to suggest God needs a creator. God does not need a creator; God is all that ever was, all that ever is, and all that ever will be. Your argument fails.. why? Because despite what you think, the law of casualty isn't "Everything must have a Cause" (because that would imply God would need a creator), but the ACTUAL term is - Every EFFECT has a CAUSE. Basic rules of law casualty also include that "no effect is ever greater than the cause."

God is not an Effect. God is the Cause. The universe is the Effect. Common sense. Logic.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
no proofs here. Just a lot of fiction.
2nd

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Alright, there is no god.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Biblical prophecies

Vague, unspecific and without expiry dates.....

Proof of the gullibility of its believers

High street mediums also prey on such folk...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Incorrect. Not supernatural it's astrological.

At 90% is solid evidence. About 10% is debatable!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

How do you know that the prophecy's are not just a to-do list,...... made to come true by future generations of the people who follow that particular religion?.

If it is a to-do list.....it was written by evil men.

edit on 5-4-2012 by dontlaughthink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrinchNoMore

The Church of today, and of yesterday is the Antichrist.

Nothing of the teaching has anything to do with being Christ-like, but to appease some unknown entity.

Peter is the Roman Catholic Church. You are nearly correct with their leadership. The Builders are the Masons that rejected the true cornerstone (Capstone). The money changers are the bankers. These three "Experts" of the law are the antichrist in many ways. They are judged and condemned by Jesus. The average man and woman were welcomed to receive Christ in baptism and rebirth. What of the other three experts who remain unrepentant thieves?

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

There are four baptisms. Earth (Dust), Air (Breath of God), Water (Baptism) and the some are reserved for Fire (Trials). Some of us overcome these trials. Some do not. We light the fire we burn by.

edit on 5-4-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
no proofs here. Just a lot of fiction.
2nd

No facts, no data, no sources. ^^^^^

Just a lot of arbitrary prejudicial conjecture.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink

How do you know that the prophecy's are not just a to-do list,...... made to come true by future generations of the people who follow that particular religion?.

If it is a to-do list.....it was written by evil men.

How exactly are Jews and Muslim nations self-fulfilling Christian prophecy?

P.S. The elite are Satanists and Luciferians, why would they be trying to fulfill anything from the Bible?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join