It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret infiltrated by government?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I was reading a book I picked up at the library and to my surprise, my favorite website, above top secret was mentioned. The book, Mirage Men by Mark Pilkington talks about the government controlling the information we receive and believe about ufos and aliens. I am only a few chapters in with the book but the author believes we are constantly fed misinformation and they want us to believe in Ufos and aliens to keep us from finding out the real truths they are hiding from us ( what ever they might be.) He thinks even Above top Secret website is monitored constantly by the government and the government posts misinformation to confuse us. Any thoughts?

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
possible and likley, but people have been seeing stuff in the sky since the dawn of time. the gov takes advatage of that, but that doesn't mean there inst something up there

+25 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

I am truly not surprised. There is a US desinformation agent around here (but he seems quite nice) and recently, in 2010, an Illuminati member (Hidden Hand) started hammer in their dogma. I even think this site was created by the Government to see what we know and what we dont.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What I kinda figure is if there are aliens visiting us, then we have communicated with them.

If there isn't aliens visiting us, then we have probably found them but haven't communicated with them.

Or we just haven't found them yet..

I don't think it's such a big mystery to tptb like they make it out to be.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
My thoughts are real simple and real clear on this one.... Of course we are monitored. You can figure every post we make is at LEAST keyword scanned in near-real time by Government computers. I'd guess the server farms at Ft Meade until they get everything moved to the new site in Utah.

It wouldn't just be ATS...but every site even remotely controversial or likely to attract types that will telegraph real world action before actually going out to do it.

Think about the Gifford shooting and other cases where the examples were even worse. Nutty down there was kind enough to telegraph his insanity not only right here on ATS (I read some of his posts here...he WAS a nut, even then and even in his messages) but his home movie at the Comm College and more.

If for NO other reason whatever....we're all monitored and watched on a site like this to catch that sort of thing. The obvious...of watching what might get leaked or pop up in other ways is a given and certainly no secondary purpose...but I think the catching of lone wolf time bombs would be the one reason we can look to. That makes for the ABSOLUTE certainty that our message traffic here is definitely viewed by a wider audience than has personal interest in the topics.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

the author seemed to me to be a believer in Ufo but thinks the government uses it to there advantage to blame it on their secret activity

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree totally.
Maybe we could bug them by saying what we don't mean, and don't say what we mean, you know what I mean?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

So you mean the opposite then right? I mean you did say "You know what I mean" right after that..

To the op. You have to supply counterintelligence when you are running risky business. It takes everyone down a whole different path.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Pelvi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
lol yea probably....

Thats all..

+59 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
he specifically mentions ATS? And this is a nonfiction book?

Interesting that he can make these assumptions without ever even asking us any questions.

I guess it would be like me saying I believe his book is actually a government issued disinformation plot to detract the wise members of ATS from the truth found here.

I'm not actually saying that but it's about as reliable as his comments about ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree totally.
Maybe we could bug them by saying what we don't mean, and don't say what we mean, you know what I mean?

I think conspiracy theorists as a whole are usually of the above average to genius intelligence levels, this makes many a bit... hmmmm...half crazy, because too much intelligence can sometimes have that affect because we think too much, anyway, we would be the first ones to figure out what the government is doing, so they watch this type of forum more, to see if society is believing us yet, and trying to figure out how to keep the rest from believing what we might say, key is making us appear crazier than we are, generally speaking.

imho

lol, saying that just made me appear to be a nutjob. HAHA
edit on 4-4-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I think you have both the same probablity of being right.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

You know the FBI has traps to see what dissenters would blow up things. What is more effective would be to see who dissents. This is like a honey pot for wayward bears.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Considering that membership at ATS is free and open to anyone with an email address...what's most amazing is that you would find the idea of the Government infiltrating ATS surprising.

From what I can gather...the Government, any Government to be certain, claims to recruit and train the best of the best a nation has to offer. This being accepted, do we really think that disinformation would actually confuse these so called infiltrators?

In the last few days I've seen advertisements for Presidential candidates and Sheriff Joe...last I checked, all of these people are the Government.

So...what really is the deal, OP?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

Why would the Gov't want us to believe in aliens and UFOs when in fact they do everything they can to say there are no such thing as UFOs and aliens? This story doesn't add up, please clarify.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

Can you trust a man who has himself been "outed" as an agent of MI5?

www.wired.co.uk...

+75 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
If anyone had any doubts of Gov Monitoring ATS, look no further than the 911 Forum.

There are 3 members who have never posted outside the 911 Forum,and will address any issue of 911 within minutes.

If a thread is made discussing the "elephant" in the room, between themselves within a few postings, the thread will be no longer about the "elephant", but the colour of the carpet, amazing really, and effective.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

It some point you have to say screw it right. Living in fear of the government boogieman means you already gave up your freedom. Most are afraid to post what they truly feel and i say F@#k it because im going to live free till they imprison me or kill me but at lest I will have spoken my mind for what i believe. I brought up a topic about bring riots into the 21 century and what ideas would be useful against the new crowd control devices they have most people on here acted like i had just pooped on their dinner table. And i got responses from a bunch of people thinking they are so smart for keeping their view points away from internet eyes.Its retarded they already know who we are and we are probably on some list already why not be on it for saying what you feel and stop acting like scared little girls.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I guess it would be like me saying I believe his book is actually a government issued disinformation plot to detract the wise members of ATS from the truth found here.

But why would it be in a book and not just on the internet.. seems like there would be more eyes viewing it. When was this book published?

It's hard to argue though, especially when the government has misinformed before.. i hate the shady s*** they pull on us every f****** day.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well I certainly hope it IS being monitored because I'm pretty sure that I am supposed to be a member of the Illuminati!

The fact that I have type O- blood alone is supposed to be some sort of "in", right?

I am getting very tired of waiting here.

What's the hold up?

I am pretty sure that I'm supposed to be living in a beach house in the Hamptons and have at least 100M $.

Let's get moving on this please!

"You" should know where I am now! Just backtrack this post right here.

I will be home the rest of the day and will wait patiently for "you" to come with my 100M check and moving van to resettle me in the Hamptons.

See you soon!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join