It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When are we getting a Sarcastic font/mark?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I never understood how come we still don't have a Sarcastic fond, you know sort of like Bold, Italic, etc...

In this age, use of the internet is to communicate is an important factor in our modern world, and there are time where we will have to use sarcasm, but sadly, it does not get translated to the reader as intended..

My question is how come we still don't have one? is there something stopping from making one?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I totally agree. I guess maybe you should use the eye-roll smiley

but even that doesn't quite convey the depths of your intended sarcasm.

Any ideas?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Im thinking maybe a bit of space between letters...

o m g u r r e a l l y f u n n y! (hmm for some reason, it wont let me leave a space between words)

Or maybe, Upper/Lower case combo..

OmG Ur ReAllY FuNnY!

Or continuous..

OmgUrReallyFunny!

Lets invent one....!!!!!!!! atleast on ATS lol

edit on 4/4/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Let's try this!!!

Nevermind...that is really hard to do!

edit on 4-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

[sarcasm]OMG, totally awesome idea you got there. I wonder why nobody's ever thought of something so brilliant like this ever before. [/sarcasm]

There is this little guy you can put at the end of your remarks if that wasn't clear enough.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
[speak slower] Right. I totally agree with you. You just made a REALLY good point. [/speak slower_thumbs up]

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

[sarcasm]OMG, totally awesome idea you got there. I wonder why nobody's ever thought of something so brilliant like this ever before. [/sarcasm]

There is this little guy you can put at the end of your remarks if that wasn't clear enough.

But /rolling eyes coudl also mean something like "You are full of it" "whatever" "*sigh*" "You have no idea"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
Let's try this!!!

Nevermind...that is really hard to do!

edit on 4-4-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

Well, its not about it being hard to do, as long as we have a pattern, then it can be made to automatically change words, sort of like Italics or Bold.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
When you start getting familiar with some of the posters on here you can usually tell their sarcasm

Or..

you could just end each of your sarcastic post with ''Here's your banana, monkey!''

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I rather prefer it served dead pan without emphasis.
Leave them guessing, scratching their head or just plain oblivious. More fun that way.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Leave them guessing, scratching their head or just plain oblivious. More fun that way.

But sometimes it makes you look like you are against something you favour.. and then you have to say, "oh, i'm not, i was being sarcastic"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by Suspiria

But sometimes it makes you look like you are against something you favour.. and then you have to say, "oh, i'm not, i was being sarcastic"

Yeah, that is the only problem..a lot of people don't get subtlety.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Naah, take the chance, have a little faith.
If folks don't get it so what? Besides, jokes stop being funny when you have to explain them.

new topics

top topics

join