It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus shadow appears in New Orleans chapel during Holy Week

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Did anyone actually even read the article? The nun's clearly state that they think it is because the chandelier is casting a strange shadow and not a divine occurrence. Most posts above seem to be solely going on the picture that was posted without even reading the article linked in the OP.

So? It also says that thousands of people flogged to "contemplate" a strange shadow
. Sheer stupidity, if they are looking for spiritual thrill that aint the place.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

I think the complication they are refering to might indeed be a reference to the crown of thorns.
Just my opinion.

PLPL

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Well, that screws them all out of the blessing He promised those who would not see Him and believe.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
www.nola.com...

I'm not usually one for topics related to religion, but this is in my neck of the woods so I figured I'd share.

Arriving steadily as singles, or in clumps of twos, threes and fours, thousands of people since Thursday have streamed in and out of the dimly lighted chapel at Ursuline Academy to sit or kneel and quietly contemplate a phenomenon spreading by social media and word of mouth: a shadow, never noticed before, of a bearded man’s face gazing toward the chapel altar. The shadowy image is projected on the lower half of a sanctuary pillar: the clear symmetry of a face. A thin beard. And something complicated going on above the forehead.

I think it is a plant or chandelier casting the shadow. To me, it proves people are desperate to believe in any miracle they can. Just not my thing.
I keep in mind things like the one brought up later in the article:

In 1999, hundreds of LaPlace Catholics believed a Communion wafer had visibly transformed into the flesh and blood of Christ until the Archdiocese of New Orleans determined it was mold.

I'd hate to think that the Ursuline nuns would fake something to make some money, but I think even that is more plausible than Jesus projecting himself as a tribal t-shirt pattern design.

Ah well, who knows, I guess....

THE FAKE UNITED NATIONS MANMADE ISREAL IS THE ABOMINATIONS THAT CAUSE DESOLATION:
Ezekiel 38 mentions how Gog, the chief prince of Meshec and Tubal, the Son of Japhet, from the Isle's of the gentiles and lands of the north, aka Europe,(Genesis 10:2). Come against the Land of the real ISRAEL, in the latter days. Gog cannot be Iran for obvious reasons being that it is the land of Persia also mentioned in Ezekiel 38 as a separate entity. Ezekiel 38:10 mentions How the thought of "stealing" the real Israel came to the prince of Meshec and Tubal, GOG. That's why there is so much conflict in the middle east now. That's why 9/11 was an inside job. That's why they want to go to war with Iran and like talking about it everyday on the news.

GOG,MAGOG,MESHEC AND TUBAL are not descendents of Shem, read Genesis 10:2 it's there in plain english. They are descendants of Japheth, brother to Shem. They are the one's who go against the Land of Israel, by force and occupation mentioned in Ezekiel 38 in the latter days AKA NOW. They are the one's who thought the evil thought mentioned in Ezekiel38:10. That thought was to PLAGIARISE The Word of YAHUWAH and His Prophecy. YHWH even mentions how it brings His "fury upon His face", when they do it. We are in the latter days as the fake "UN" created isreal is 100% undeniable proof. The same entity that is behind 9/11 is also behind the creation of the UN's fake 'isreal'.

Also when YAHUWAH/YAHUSHUA addresses the 7 churches of Asia in the Book of Revelation, which are where the 144,000 of the lost tribe of Israel will be chosen from, they would have to be believers in order for Him to address them. The jewish people of the fake UN created 'isreal' don't believe in the one people wrongfully call 'jesus', so where does that make any sense? Gog and Magog are the sole owners of the fake UN created 'isreal'. Satanic forces under the guidance of satan deceived the world into believing who 'isreal' really is supposed to be, but it is YAHUWAH'S will because the people who were to represent Him, whom He blessed as the Sons of Shem, disobeyed Him and were sinning TREMENDOUSLY. We all are paying for sin no matter how close you are to your Creator.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Question for the people who believe in The Old Testament and not the New like the ones who study JUDAISM: WHICH IMMANUEL ARE YOU WAITING FOR? *BORN FROM A VIRGIN I MIGHT ADD*

Hope You don't fall for satan's version of immanuel, because the real Immanuel already came.

THEIR "ETHNOGENESIS" SAYS ASHKENAZI ARE FROM JAPHETH AND NOT SHEM. THEREFORE THEREFORE THEY ARE NOT SEMETIC AT ALL. THIS IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET ACROSS TO THE ATHEISTS. CHRISTIANS ARE PROBABLY MORE BRAINWASHED THAN THEY ARE. I NEED THE CRITICAL THINKERS WHO SPOT CONTRADICTION AND I NEED THEM TO BECOME AWARE OF THE FAKE UNITED NATIONS CREATED "ISREAL" WHICH IS CAUSING SUFFERING OVER A LIE. PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE YOU WANT TO ARGUE OVER A LIE.

THIS IS THE ABOMINATIONS THAT CAUSE DESOLATION. THE CREATION OF THE FAKE Untited Nations, isreali state.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Is that supposed to resemble Jesus ?
It looks more like Billy Connolly

edit on 4-4-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It's a classic example of pareidolia. It looks like the face of Dr. Doom though. lol

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Looks like a lion.

Really cool shadow effect though!!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Looks more like Lemmy from Motorhead to me

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think the 'something complicated' is a Mardi Gras mask...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Look at the symbolism going on in that place of worship.

It's holy week and the light on the ceiling is casting a shadow that brings a face on a pillar, and it is considered a sign or a wonder. The devil is playing shadow puppets with some peoples' minds, I think, and it is a lying sign or wonder to me.

I suppose it is there for those who need it, but why is Jesus not recognized already in their hearts?

Someone needs to trace that shadow and paint it in as a memorial of belief. We see what we want to see. That face looks too much like an Afghan to me.
edit on 7-4-2012 by Sandalphon because: i

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I saw the shadow of tree branches.

BTW thats called idolatry.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

His hair is so messy. looks like he've been throught hell. I don't think its the shadow of Jesus. Looks more like the shadow of some ropes or something.
I like the pic, though. Funny how randomness can sometimes structurize in apparent faces.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Looks like the lion king to me.

Stupid people will see stupid things all the time. I knew it was time for everyone to be seeing Jesus on everything from tortilla chips to shadows on the wall.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Here's the Pic for ya

Jesus? No.. It looks more like Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider.

People see what they want to see in images like these all the time. Sure it resembles a face but for people like the lady in the article that said it made her a Believer.. well that's just ignorant.

These people don't even believe their own Bible when it tells them Jesus will not show himself again until they see him coming down in clouds of glory in the end times.

People.. Don't be STUPID. It's just a silly shadow.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Israylite4ever

www.nola.com...

I'm not usually one for topics related to religion, but this is in my neck of the woods so I figured I'd share.

Arriving steadily as singles, or in clumps of twos, threes and fours, thousands of people since Thursday have streamed in and out of the dimly lighted chapel at Ursuline Academy to sit or kneel and quietly contemplate a phenomenon spreading by social media and word of mouth: a shadow, never noticed before, of a bearded man’s face gazing toward the chapel altar. The shadowy image is projected on the lower half of a sanctuary pillar: the clear symmetry of a face. A thin beard. And something complicated going on above the forehead.

I think it is a plant or chandelier casting the shadow. To me, it proves people are desperate to believe in any miracle they can. Just not my thing.

In 1999, hundreds of LaPlace Catholics believed a Communion wafer had visibly transformed into the flesh and blood of Christ until the Archdiocese of New Orleans determined it was mold.

I'd hate to think that the Ursuline nuns would fake something to make some money, but I think even that is more plausible than Jesus projecting himself as a tribal t-shirt pattern design.

THE FAKE UNITED NATIONS MANMADE ISREAL IS THE ABOMINATIONS THAT CAUSE DESOLATION:
Ezekiel 38 mentions how Gog, the chief prince of Meshec and Tubal, the Son of Japhet, from the Isle's of the gentiles and lands of the north, aka Europe,(Genesis 10:2). Come against the Land of the real ISRAEL, in the latter days. Gog cannot be Iran for obvious reasons being that it is the land of Persia also mentioned in Ezekiel 38 as a separate entity. Ezekiel 38:10 mentions How the thought of "stealing" the real Israel came to the prince of Meshec and Tubal, GOG. That's why there is so much conflict in the middle east now. That's why 9/11 was an inside job. That's why they want to go to war with Iran and like talking about it everyday on the news.

GOG,MAGOG,MESHEC AND TUBAL are not descendents of Shem, read Genesis 10:2 it's there in plain english. They are descendants of Japheth, brother to Shem. They are the one's who go against the Land of Israel, by force and occupation mentioned in Ezekiel 38 in the latter days AKA NOW. They are the one's who thought the evil thought mentioned in Ezekiel38:10. That thought was to PLAGIARISE The Word of YAHUWAH and His Prophecy. YHWH even mentions how it brings His "fury upon His face", when they do it. We are in the latter days as the fake "UN" created isreal is 100% undeniable proof. The same entity that is behind 9/11 is also behind the creation of the UN's fake 'isreal'.

Also when YAHUWAH/YAHUSHUA addresses the 7 churches of Asia in the Book of Revelation, which are where the 144,000 of the lost tribe of Israel will be chosen from, they would have to be believers in order for Him to address them. The jewish people of the fake UN created 'isreal' don't believe in the one people wrongfully call 'jesus', so where does that make any sense? Gog and Magog are the sole owners of the fake UN created 'isreal'. Satanic forces under the guidance of satan deceived the world into believing who 'isreal' really is supposed to be, but it is YAHUWAH'S will because the people who were to represent Him, whom He blessed as the Sons of Shem, disobeyed Him and were sinning TREMENDOUSLY. We all are paying for sin no matter how close you are to your Creator.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Question for the people who believe in The Old Testament and not the New like the ones who study JUDAISM: WHICH IMMANUEL ARE YOU WAITING FOR? *BORN FROM A VIRGIN I MIGHT ADD*

Hope You don't fall for satan's version of immanuel, because the real Immanuel already came.

THEIR "ETHNOGENESIS" SAYS ASHKENAZI ARE FROM JAPHETH AND NOT SHEM. THEREFORE THEREFORE THEY ARE NOT SEMETIC AT ALL. THIS IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO GET ACROSS TO THE ATHEISTS. CHRISTIANS ARE PROBABLY MORE BRAINWASHED THAN THEY ARE. I NEED THE CRITICAL THINKERS WHO SPOT CONTRADICTION AND I NEED THEM TO BECOME AWARE OF THE FAKE UNITED NATIONS CREATED "ISREAL" WHICH IS CAUSING SUFFERING OVER A LIE. PEOPLE ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE YOU WANT TO ARGUE OVER A LIE.

THIS IS THE ABOMINATIONS THAT CAUSE DESOLATION. THE CREATION OF THE FAKE Untited Nations, isreali state.

THE ABOMINATION WAS THE CONTINUANCE OF THE ANIMAL SACRIFICES FOR 40 AFTER THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE OF JESUS. THIS WAS ABONINATION IN GOD'S EYES ANIMAL SACRIFICES.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by blupblup

Here's the Pic for ya

Jesus? No.. It looks more like Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider.

People see what they want to see in images like these all the time. Sure it resembles a face but for people like the lady in the article that said it made her a Believer.. well that's just ignorant.

These people don't even believe their own Bible when it tells them Jesus will not show himself again until they see him coming down in clouds of glory in the end times.

People.. Don't be STUPID. It's just a silly shadow.

It's a shadow from a chandelier projected onto a curved pillar.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

www.nola.com...

I was in Snug Harbor on last Friday night with my wife. We were there listening to our good friend Delfeayo Marsalis and his brother Jason when a conversation started up about the Ursuline image. I'm of two opinions - one, people should look more to God than to His creation or what is deemed a miracle and two, if seeing this image somehow gives someone peace or makes them feel closer to God then we should let them enjoy that without ridicule.

Tolerance and balance seem in short supply on all sides these days. May we all learn to be better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join