It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philosophy and Metaphysics, Emotion...the Epic muscial thread !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
what makes you change, think, believe, smile, cry, it makes you move forward ... what makes you spiritual, what are those music that opens your third eye, that opens a door in your imagination and make you totally changes ...inspire you and open a window to another reality.

It's time to do something epic, share these songs that made you human and tell us why.

i choose those 4 songs because those artist make me feel different and they lead me to think how creation is the most powerful tool...I grew up listening to their music, and I know it has helped make me a better human, this is so spiritual
love this what we need, love and liberty in eatch heart of eatch human.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Music opens many doors for me. The song below opens my heart. Vulnerability is a beautiful thing when I feel it, because I know I am alive, and that no one is truly alone in or out of this world.

edit on 4/4/2012 by danats because: typo fix

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
well, like the poster above said.

music opens a lot of doors for me.

i´m a gamer (yes i know, bad habit)

before i start to game i like to listen to the following songs, they get me pumped up.
(these are also good songs for the people that are working out)

Clawfinger - The Biggest, The Best

Roy Jones Jr - Can't Be Touched

A couple of monts ago i broke up with my girlfriend, this song got me through the bad times

James Blunt - Goodbye My Lover

Immortal Technique - You Never Know

Man i could list a thousand songs that touch me and made me who i am

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Well, I am a musician and always have been, so I write music to help me to understand my own emotion. I went through a seven year period of feeling no emotion and so wrote no music. But, I decided to let myself feel again, and I now write again. You can see various bits of me here.

Music created by other people that inspires me or makes me think or just makes me feel (in no particular order):

Cat Power - Lived in Bars

Nick Drake - Place to Be

Nico - These Days

Elliot Smith - Waltz #2

Billie Holiday - Easy to Love

Frank Sinatra - The Very Thought of You

The Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight

Depeche Mode - Precious

Johnny Cash - Get Rhythm

Albert King - Angel of Mercy

Ralph Stanley - O Death

Doc Watson - Tennessee Stud

Bill Monroe - Body and Soul

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Ain't Gonna Give Up On Love

Daft Punk - Something About Us

The Carter Family - Are You Lonesome Tonight?

Buddy Guy - First Time I Met the Blues

I could probably go on for quite some time with songs that move me, but I think this is a good cross-section.

edit on 4/4/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
wow thank for both of you i discover new songs.... let's keep going and ATS people make it epic let's celebrate life with music

edit on 4-4-2012 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
hmmm.... I dont know if these 2 songs help in opening your third eye but theses songs definetly feel insperational to me

edit on 4-4-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ok, pitchdragon, here are some more:

Ian Rushton - Bingma Yong

Secret Garden - Prayer

Thea Gilmore - Sol Invictus

Robert van Oz - Silent Blue / Quietude

Fernando Sor - Sonata for Guitar Op.22-Adagio

Quadro Nuevo - Sultana

Laura Marling - Sophia

edit on 4/4/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I do not advocate drugs tho this is a truly moving and beautiful epic piece of audible bliss - the vocal clips are still none the less very tru (specifically for the time the track was made) but I do feel the time to glean insight without drugs is here... See the links in my sig

There is also an undeniable voyagesque element about trance music... I wouldn't call it healing... its frontier pushing, which is in a sense an aspect of - pre-requisit - to awakening and subsequent healing.
The outro is abruppt as in the album the tracks flow

A Copy past of some of the comments:

this still stands up even in todays electronica.....
OLDSKOOLWAX 2 years ago 30

one of the biggest tracks - if i was blind, never try drugs, know # all about electronic music I will still figre out that this stuff is DEEP IN YOUR MIND
MrSebastiansek 2 years ago 17

Video Responses
This video is a response to Hallucinogen -'___'
see all
All Comments (63)
Sign In or Sign Up now to post a comment!

Brilliant quote from the late great writing legend Ken Kesey: I believe that with the advent of acid, we discovered a new way to think, and it has to do with piecing together new thoughts in your mind. Why is it that people think it's so evil? What is it about it that scares people so deeply, even the guy that invented it, what is it? Because they're afraid that there's more to reality than they have ever confronted. That there are doors that they're afraid to go in, and they don't want us to..
letmebegin 2 weeks ago
....go in there either, because if we go in we might learn something that they don't know. And that makes us a little out of their control. As quoted in the BBC documentary The Beyond Within: The Rise and Fall of '___' (1987)
letmebegin 2 weeks ago

# this song was invented by God to show blind people that he Exists!
donhenri 1 month ago 3

I discovered this track in a month ago. It's marvelous track.
shm1968g 1 month ago

As far as i'm concerned this is the original...
It was the album version.
303lush in reply to khuntselia (Show the comment) 1 month ago

This is simply CLASS A TRANCE. faultless magic to my ears, This will always be close to the top of my collection played it thousands of times and still its fresh to me, Thank you.
iank4758 1 month ago

Now days I tend more toward chill music - being a musician myself also, I write relaxation and ethnic beats

height="81" width="100%"> allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" "https://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F17684638&show_comments=true&auto_play=false&colo r=9500ff" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> Ryan Onessence - Rebirth by Ryan Onessence

soundcloud.com...

new topics

top topics

join