It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology of the Ancients

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
All you high minds and nerduwells of philosophy and psycholgy....

Do you research the myths...the mythologies, the archetypes...in your study?

Do you find many truths to life,,,within these incredible stories?

I want to hear your thoughts,...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Joe Campbell said it best: "Myths are public dreams. Dreams are private myths."

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
lol @ nerduwell

I have studied a lot of myths, civilizations, and religions, and the thing that sticks out the most from the majority is that rationality leads to love. Even in religion, you don't love because you have to, or because you'll be rewarded in the end for it. For thousands of years, loving and caring for one another has broken all culture and language barriers, even in times of war.

Unfortunately, no one follows the real religions anymore.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

All religions and ancient myths are all pointing to the one truth. The one truth is hidden from sight but is always present.
The reason why it cannot be 'seen' is because it is what is 'seeing'.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hey there blazenresearcher ... not sure whether I'm a 'high mind' or a 'ner'do'well' ... little bit of both I'd like to think

Do you research the myths...the mythologies, the archetypes...in your study?

ABSOLUTELY !!! (it's my lifes work pretty much)

Do you find many truths to life,,,within these incredible stories?

DEFINATELY !!! (I have seen that all myth and legends are built around a seed of truth deep at the core)

I want to hear your thoughts,...

Check-out the link to my thoughts on the matter (in detail) ...

The Atlantean Analysis - laboratory Earth > experiment Man

www.theatlanteananalysis.webeden.co.uk...

The title may be distracting ... it is not a work about the common 'myth' of Atlantis as gilled men living beneath the sea as some would believe ... it is a work about the source of Hu'Man on this planet and how the reality of our source has been buried within the myths of history and time ... the chinese whispers that have buried the truth (as I translate it at any rate) ... you might enjoy it.

Woody

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
thank you all for your comments...Psychology of the Ancients is probably a good subject, but how do you apply! I'm saying...who can really apply psychology to the Ancients without being there!

Kinda a trick question!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
thank you all for your comments...Psychology of the Ancients is probably a good subject, but how do you apply! I'm saying...who can really apply psychology to the Ancients without being there!

Kinda a trick question!

Try reading the information in the link I provided if you really have any interest in this matter ... you will see that I give a plausible theory on precisely this point concerning the left and right hemispheres of the human brain and the influence that showed during ancient times compared to the influence we display nowadays.

Kinda 'NOT' a trick answer !

Woodwytch

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Ok...I will take a look! See my thread on language of birds...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You know I wonder how ancients were able to communicate with one another? Some argued that language (like chinese/english/latin/etc) evolved around 8000(?) years ago. before then cavemen copied animals. One has to wonder why/how on earth did we go from barking to english?

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by woodwytch

Ok...I will take a look! See my thread on language of birds...

Do you have a link to that thread that I could check out ?

Woody

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In my opinion, much more weight should be placed on ancient texts, myths, and beliefs. It isn't the "why" as much as it is the purpose, or result, of the text or message that has transcended time that we should be paying attention to.

For example, several civilizations depict "a fight between the star gods that wreaked havoc upon the Earth". This often gets dismissed as religious ridiculousness, since we know how and why stars are formed or die, and it has nothing to do with a battle between gods. However, obviously the people that depicted or wrote about these events saw or experienced something....whether it be a meteor shower, the vision of comets, etc. And given the similarities of events that apparently transpired all over the world at a time when, as far as we have been able to prove, have no way of spreading this information efficiently, it stands to reason *something* happened that people took notice of. If the Earth and Universe function in cycles, this could be important information for future generations to know.

I read ancient texts like real estate ads. I remove all of the adjectives and beliefs and only focus on the main event or effect, not the cause which is often not scientifically based but rather belief based.

Not knowing the "why" does not negate the "event", or that there was an event, in my opinion.

I always think about the fact that if a cataclysm occured on Earth, what of our information would be saved? After 100 years? 200 years? Even if, say iPads, survived for fifty years, what good would they be? Generations would be focused on survival, farming, medicine, etc. Schools would once again teach hunting, building....not typing, programming. It would take several generations before communities were formed and people's basic needs were met enough to allow time to once again dabble in and explore technology. By this time, the original people with the knowledge would be dead and most textbooks destroyed.

Even if cell towers remained, they would very much look like alien-built temples to people born with no prior knowledge of technology. Myths would be told about people able to communicate all over the world with just their fingers. These stories would change as they were passed from generation to generation, much like a game of telephone.

People tend to forget that the only reason people can spend time in labs, offices, factories, etc., is because their basic needs have already been met. In other words, you work all day advancing computers because you can stop on the way home and within minutes have a meal. If society collapses, these former workers will have to suspend working on computers and instead focus on getting a meal....a process that could take hours and possibly days. It takes decades to reform communities and create/produce enough food for everyone. It would only be after this was established that people would have more free time available to begin exploring technology once more. Meanwhile, the original knowledge/information would be pushed aside and people would be starting from scratch.

The point is that if you look at how our society, if destroyed or greatly devastated, would look or appear 100 years or so after the cataclysm, it wouldn't make much sense to future generations and we would become the ones building great temples to the Gods (electrical towers) and labyrinths of knowledge (libraries/museums), etc.

top topics

join