It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane katrina and how pepole will act during the end of the world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
In eight grade Our science teacher showed us a video about hurricane katrina and how people rioted and looted and just generally made things worse then they aready were. So the outer day I was thinking about it and I realized that take away the flooding and you have a perfect idea of how people will act during times of extreme stress or how they will act during the end of the world

watch these cips

creepy and a taste of our future

know heres some awsome end of the world music

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The first thing I'm going to do when the world ends is go to Walmart and get me a TV

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Actually, the vast majority of Louisianans and Mississippians worked to help each other out. Most of the New Orleans metro area evacuated, but many of those that didn't, also worked together, with authorities, or took care of themselves.
The problem with inner city New Orleanians was many of them are completely dependent on others in every way. There was also a strong criminal element.
In these situations, you absolutely need to be armed & prepared for the predators and for the zombies (hordes of desperate, unprepared, hungry people wanting to take your food and supplies).
Otherwise, though, people with ability will help each other in most instances.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
you must of missed how japan handle its tsunami.

i dont recall there being any riots, looters, murders, or other nonsense of the sort...

perhaps this is just what the stupid will do when the world ends, not the vast majority of people.
edit on 3-4-2012 by XelNaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What happens after a disaster all depends on the inhabitants of the effected area...there was virtually no looting in Japan after the Tsunami.

Edit: XelNaga beat me to it

edit on 4/3/2012 by goochball because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wrong.

People act like this when given the chance.

They do this when the Bulls win the NBA championship for Christs sake.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjas4321

What is a pepole?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You know, it's one thing to take items in order to survive (bottled water, food, first aid supplies), but the behavior shown by the people in the video is just disgusting, not to mention irrational.

I mean, your house is flooded or gone, dead bloated bodies are floating by, and all you can think about is stealing a flat screen TV, jewelry or athletic shoes?

I'm sure if the S hits the F, there will be fools who loot a bunch of useless stuff, still unable to comprehend just how useless that stuff will be. Eventually they'll figure it out, and use the box the TV came in as shelter.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XelNaga

Japan has a whole different society. They have racks and racks of FREE bikes there for anyone to use. Try doing that in San Francisco

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think alot of it is "mob mentality". It only takes a few people to incite an entire group into acting in a way that is not normally in their character.

new topics

top topics

join