It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye... or begging for S&F's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There seems to be a rash of people "leaving" ATS lately... i have to question the motives of these people?

Do you really have to say "goodbye" on a forum? Tell people your leaving when in reality most people continue to post long after they've said their "goodbyes"... Even if the people actually leave... A few months later they show up with an "IM BACK!!" thread...

Did you leave?

I believe its obvious most never actually leave... they just refrain from posting for a while... I think we've all had these times... when the lack of interesting or insightful topics decline...

Like recently...

When you hit the "recent topics" button and the only thing you can do is shake your head... :bnghd:

In fact... once you sign up... You're in it for LIFE!!

YOU CAN'T LEAVE!!

Until you're banned...

OR

ATS shuts down forever... which is highly unlikely (I hope)

I believe these people are basically begging for attention... in the form of Stars and Flags...

An Ye'll nae sympathy from dis cat...

So.... buh-bye to all you people that are Posting these threads... see ya real soon..

edit on 3-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think you're right in a way.But the two that I've seen today are well respected members.And I most certainly respect their threads as they're usually well thought out and researched.I think most here know who I'm talking about.I highly doubt those two are doing it for that reason.The others,yeah probably.

ETA : for anyone who doesn't know who I'm talking about it's daaskapital and rising against.
edit on 3-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Maybe.

I'll tell you this though.

My one liner posts get more stars than my threads that I start.

I think my threads are interesting or strange enough for here.

Its the more popular members that get them.

But really. Who cares about digital blue stars?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

There may be a certain element of truth in what you say....for some members. There are other members, highly respected, I would never even have that thought cross my mind about.

ATS is one big happy albeit, dysfunctional family. Most people, when they leave their family for any length of time will say Goodbye, and Hi I'm Back, when they return. I chalk it up to the family thing. We make friends here, to some ATS is their family of choice. It's all OK by me....

Des

edit on 3-4-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I don't believe it either, once ATS, always ATS...

edit on 4/3/12 by FortAnthem because:
___________ extra DIV

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i think its just coincidence. i was suprised at the number of people making threads about leaving the last few days.
but they dont seem like the kind of people who'd do that just for attention.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Can you show me a "I'm back" thread

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
nar·cis·sism
[nahr-suh-siz-em]
noun

1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity.
2. Psychoanalysis . erotic gratification derived from admiration of one's own physical or mental attributes, being a normal condition at the infantile level of personality development.

I think that sums it up.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
was trying to find a place to post this,cause I did not want to start a thread about it.

Time for me to go for awhile,to much real life stuff to do,but I will be back one day.

And ,no it's not a joke or being funny in anyway.

And NO stars please.

You guys are awesome!!!

See ya!
K

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Enjoy the break kdog, and may you bask in sunshine and fresh air by the waterside somewhere.

cya when we cya...

peace,
spec

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I really agree with this. An over inflated self importance.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I'll miss ya Sweet Pea...take care, and Bright Blessings Kdog.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I was thinking about leaving just for the fact that some mods on here seem to have hidden agendas against anyone they dont agree with. This site really has become a joke if you ask me. Ive been registered for a while now, and lurking MUCH longer. However, between the constant harrassment from unnamed mods, and the sheer stupidity of many of the new members on here, it does make it hard to stay. The downhill slide this site has taken in just the last few months is incredible! Anyhow, I REALLY used to love this site, lately, not so much. Now Im not gonna take my ball and go home, but probably will refrain from any interaction in threads. I do not feel the need to make a thread to make this announcement, however i will miss interaction with most members on here. Oh well, ill live
PS dont try talking about current events, if you dont want to get your hand slapped. Only alien threads and threads regarding the sun and earthquakes seem to be encouraged anymore

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It was the alcohol talking.

Luckily my goodbye thread got thrown into the trash where it belonged.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Can you show me a "I'm back" thread

Can you use the search button?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well I think it's good people are leaving.

I for one am joining them, I've not been signed up for long but I've lurking, reading, learning and down the old rabbit hole for a few years now and do you know what, I'm done.

The nwo, hidden hand, dark knight, prediction after failed prediction, gmo, freak weather, chemtrails, reptilians, nubiru, planet x, the awakening, the miya, economic collapse, shtf, bla bla bla.

I have a life and I'm going to go and live it.

Im not saying it's all bull# but sitting here for hours on end reading about it all won't change a thing, living well and right will, it will make me happy, and the people around me happy.

Get up, get out and get something.

Adios amigos

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I personally am glad those members did a "farewell" type thread. I appreciated it. And I would probably do one myself to say adios if I was going to leave. Either permanently, or just for a while. Not that most would care, but...

Nevertheless, I see where you're coming from on this. I just don't think stars and flags were the intention of most.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm glad the ones that left us did a "farewell" even if there not gone that long..I often wondered about were of some of these posters went if they don't tell us.. I guess i just worry about people in general..I think its up to the poster to give the flags and stars to these people if you think its attention seeking then don't push the flag and star button.. I think of ATS as a family and i like to know were family went
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I did write a thread about my son when he almost died
last year.He is still a member,but he hasn't posted in a
long time.While he was recovering,he did read my thread
and the well wishes others posted to him.

Late last year,I posted a quick thread before I went to the ER.
I heard and felt a popping in my head and I wanted to let
others know what had happened to me in case I died.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
When I want to leave a forum, I won't make a big deal out of it. I'll just leave quietly, logout, and never come back. When that happens it's ebcause I'm thoroughly disgusted with a forum for the way it treated me.

top topics

join