It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why's everyone jumping ship?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What's going on? All these members leaving today (all of whom are some of my favorite members)? I mean where you gonna go? What are you gonna do when the next huge news story starts? You will be itching to get back on here. It's like a drug and you think you can go on cold turkey and sweat it out?

Geez if I didn't come here , I'd have no where else to go. I'd be lost in the vastness of cyber space looking for a new community to accept me. What if they shun me and my liberal views? They shun me here but at least I know them now.

Anyway to all those leaving us, best of luck and I'll see you back here soon, when you realise the "real world" ain't all it's cracked up to be.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I guess you didn't notice how any stars and flags those threads get....

That might be a hint as to why these people are posting those threads...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is not the only "place" on the net. It has many good points, but the censorship here is pretty bad.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Constant doom and gloom affects your psyche. It's a good thing to take a break from conspiracy now and then.

Personally, I like the fact that ATS maintains high standards in posts (which some consider censorship). Every time I watch a YouTube video, it's almost a guarantee that the comment section is basically a massive gathering of rude trolls. Hard to debate a topic rationally when someone just called you a mfer.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Constant doom and gloom affects your psyche. It's a good thing to take a break from conspiracy now and then.

Personally, I like the fact that ATS maintains high standards in posts (which some consider censorship). Every time I watch a YouTube video, it's almost a guarantee that the comment section is basically a massive gathering of rude trolls. Hard to debate a topic rationally when someone just called you a mfer.
I am sure that even discussing particular acts of censorship in order to disprove your statement would result in sanctions from the mods. This, of course, proves my point.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

People are leaving due to the attention seekers who have nothing to offer and nothing to add.
Dumb one-liners,countless duplicates and just plain rudeness.
Flags and stars isn't what ats is about and if people really need that much attention...I don't blame people for leaving with the amount of garbage and idiocy I have seen here lately.

The only thing keeping me here is knowing the staff is fair and intelligent,unlike alot of members.

edit on 3-4-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

but the censorship here is pretty bad.

If people read the t&c and took their membership somewhat seriously instead of treating things like a joke then maybe they won't have to 404 all the dumb crap?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Life is meant to be in motion. People grow and change and need different stimulus to keep them interested. In the instance of a conspiracy website - anyone of the many - the shills, trolls and paid disinformants need new horizons and more pay and a differing variety of stimulus.

When people are comfortable - they stop learning - they stop being inspired - they want to stay in their comfort zone and not move. I imagine people come and go from this site all the time. Perpetual motion.

Much Peace...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by smyleegrl

I am sure that even discussing particular acts of censorship in order to disprove your statement would result in sanctions from the mods. This, of course, proves my point.

Except, of course, that this thread is still open and we're still discussing your claim...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Not "everybody is jumping ship". New members appear everyday. And in most cases, those who are "Jumping Ship" are taking a breather.

I've done it myself.

Everyone needs a break from time to time. I like to think that those who are leaving this community and saying so are honorable folk.

They have at least said, "Good-bye, for now. Thanks for the memories."
edit on 4-4-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join