It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masonic Member Token

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

I asked once a long time ago... I was in my late teens.
The response was to wait. Something else that I would not add happened, but in the end it amounts to my unworthiness...
I accept it and without grudge. I find that masons could use a cowan so long as I stay in a cowan's place.
I don't mind being their outsider guy.

It may be necessary, even by GAOTU's standards.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Now, whether or not you are found worthy, is another question...

...it is living the life of a Freemason that is necessary and reason enough.

That may always be a mystery to me... and with good tidings.
However, not sure if this is Freemasonic, but I intend to devote my life to woman who deserves love.
While I can never make her mine, I intend to show her that she can be loved without having to commit to a relationship. No one else will do it. I know that now and I won't wait any longer for her Mr. Right to come along.
She is getting older and needs love today. Her Father was a Freemason up until his death.
Her life was totally ruined after that... so much so that she clung to me for life's-sake.
Men are indeed Mightier than I, but I would to be just as Mighty in my endeavors for her sake.
I plan to devote my life to her and not seek to be a Freemason if my efforts should prevail.
I love her for pity's sake. She needs me, and if you know me then you know the situation is dire.

I just hope I never have to kill for her... becuase like an "Entered Apprentice" I shall not know where to draw the line.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
They give those away free at the House of Temple in D.C. They are usually left over from some event. If you go for a tour, and they have some, they will probably ask you to take one on the way out.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

I think your son was recruited. Lucky kid.

I heard many are called but few are chosen.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

That's the slogan for the army.

Masons don't recruit.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

That's the thing about mystery. Not everyone is in on it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx

That's the thing about mystery. Not everyone is in on it.

I'm not sure what that means, but all you have to do in Masonry is ask.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't know enough of the mystery to save myself... but what I do know is that before I can ask... especially a charitable moral man... who can identify my misery in moment better than I can in an entire lifetime... is not worthy of my quest for love and life... and especially of my respect.

But that apart... I greatlly admire AF&AM because there was no need for insight.
Just experience. And I found through the books I've read on AF&AM that nothing is hidden. It is only unknown.
And the art of "Resonating" changed my views on life. But definitely with a grand ol'help from the publishers of AF&AM books...

TY Dudes...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

How very cool!

The likeness to a normal coin is slightly deceptive, though,

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanks for the input and the discussion. On the coins edge is stamped F.S. .999 140

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by staple

Ford?

Like the alien from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Or wait was I thinking about the Fjords? Or was that Fnords?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Cool Token OP. I have been to DC but never seen the temple there. Next time I make it to the capitol I plan to check it out. Hopefully grab one of those tokens! I'm not a freemason but I find the accoutrement to be interesting with the symbols, meanings, etc...

Here is a knights templar coin I have. It was coined from the melted silver jewels after a fire destroyed the Boston Masonic Temple (The Winthrop House) on April 6, 1864. After the fire the masons recovered the silver and presented it to the U.S mint Philadelphia to coin into seated liberty half-dollars for remembrance and fund-raising to build a new Temple. That's basically all I know. Not sure how many others are out there. If any masons can chime in with more info i'd appreciate that.

edit on 4-4-2012 by METACOMET because: pic

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
i would love to see a coin like that in person. Looks very interesting. Like another said, its good for a possible future heirloom.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinocchio

Resonation isn't exactly Masonic. IMO, that's more kabalistic/eastern spiritual meditation. A good practice, but not one that masonry teaches.

The symbol of the square and compass is reserved for Master Masons only. Impersonating a mason and being found not to be one probably wouldn't 'resonate' very well with the Fraternity though. I don't recommend it. Besides, why lie about being something that you are not.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

So, engineers and draftsmen can't use the compass and square?
edit on 4-4-2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by Pinocchio

Resonation isn't exactly Masonic. IMO, that's more kabalistic/eastern spiritual meditation. A good practice, but not one that masonry teaches.

The symbol of the square and compass is reserved for Master Masons only. Impersonating a mason and being found not to be one probably wouldn't 'resonate' very well with the Fraternity though. I don't recommend it. Besides, why lie about being something that you are not.

Don't know if you know this but "I would never say I am one."
My understanding comes from the "outsider pov"...
And yes... resonating is and/or can not be masonic. But, for me atleast, it has it uses.
Although I don't draw that from an eastern/cabalistic practice.
I read a book once called "Magic, Spells, and Ceremonies" (Migene Wippler) she posted therein this thing about a particular art or magic which takes words and sounds them out to a rythym that slows itself down repeatedly until there is only the appearance of another word. While I don't generally follow the art magic itself according to the rule... I do use it whilst keeping in mind that it is better used if "it hurt none... do as thou wilt..."

So... I am not a Freemason and will never say I am one. Although I thank thee kindly for the warning.
I prefer to be a cowan and settle my differences according to the merits that are, to me, implicated by the resonation of the terms which grant me a particular belief system.

I am Roman Catholic by Tradition and seldom by Faith.
But I can learn little from them as it is not particularly a practice of mine.
However, I learn from Freemasonry certain things that seem to devulge a more detailed construct and instruct about the tenets of Christendom.

Example: "OUTSIDER POV"
Trestle = Trust All
The plan explainned in the trestle is somewhat obvious to me... but inn my pov only.
I learn from the trestle

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Freemasons say you can only be saved if you're a good and faithful freemason.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Anyone can use the square and compass and it is advised if you want square work and perfect circles. What the Brother is saying is that they have specific meanings to a Freemason when combined in the familiar symbol of the Symbolic Lodge, the Square and Compass. To wear this symbol is to say to others, I am a Master Mason. If one wears these symbols without having been Raised to the Sublime Degree, they will be found out by those who have attained this honor and the conversations they could have had with the Brother will cease. It is better to have these kinds of discussions with honesty when you meet and approach a Freemason with whom you wish to converse.

Freemasonry is silent on the subject of Salvation, for these topics are the domain of our own individual Faith.

edit on 4-4-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

I never said that... Ever.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

No where, any where in Masonic ritual or study it ever say that. . We are encouraged to be faithful to our neighbors, and to our country and it's laws, and our selves.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join