It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC, Maryland, and Wisconsin vote today. Discuss results and experiences here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlucchese
Typical...typical of ATS - mods and other ron paul supporters.

You libretarians??? have a big problem. just like liberals....you see only your view, no others. and any other view is wrong. hence the term - libretarian. Also, this is why your guy had to run under the republican ticket, cause he can't get noticed unter your own libretarian flag.

So, it's over. You voted and your guy couldn't pick up one delegate....forget a brokered convention....never going to happen.

wa, wa, wa.

Do you even know how the system is set up?
Running on the republican ticket allows you to be present during debates and makes it easier to get on the ballot in all 50 states.
There is a reason people dont have success running on a independant ticket.
Lack of exposer and coverage.
And access to ballots during elections.

And I voted for Ron Paul,based on listening to other canidates points of views.
I've listen to their policies,and potential agendas.
And after consideration,I viewed Ron Paul's stance and certain issues to be closer to mine.
Hence,why I voted for him.
So he dosent win,at leaset I feel better knowing I voted for someone I believe to be the right choice.
Im NOT going to vote for Rommney or Santorum just because they are the "top" 2.

Should the general election come down to Obama or Rommney,I will be staying home and not voting.
As I do not support either of their view points.
~Cheers~

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
So... are you going to go to the non-Presidential elections and find out what the issues are that your state and town are voting on? Most people aren't that interested, to tell the truth. I'm intending to become more involved, myself.

Not sure, didn't even know about that. I mean, I tend to focus mainly on the federal level and a little on the state level. Those are the real levels that make the difference. I could be wrong, but the local government mainly passes small ordinances about parking, or things like that.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

Originally posted by Byrd
So... are you going to go to the non-Presidential elections and find out what the issues are that your state and town are voting on? Most people aren't that interested, to tell the truth. I'm intending to become more involved, myself.

Not sure, didn't even know about that. I mean, I tend to focus mainly on the federal level and a little on the state level. Those are the real levels that make the difference. I could be wrong, but the local government mainly passes small ordinances about parking, or things like that.

You'd be surprised how those things affect you.

If you're a Ron Paul supporter, you're for less federal government and more for local government, right? This means it's vital for you to support local initiatives and make sure that the right people (who will affect the major parties at state and national level) get in.

If you're going to be passionate about politics, it behooves you to find out the issues that are going on around you -- otherwise you're very similar to the "groundhog voters" who only show up every Presidential election and pick candidates based on sound bites and minimal information.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Thanks, I'll have to look into it!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

It's going to be hard for Romney to declare himself the nominee before the convention.

Gingrich and Santorum have gone all in...they aren't going to drop out. Gingrich because of his ego...Santorum because this is all he's got. Paul will also stay in...but he is irrelevant at this point.

Gingrich and Paul have both cut their campaigns significantly...and I don't think either of them have embeded reporters following them anymore. Paul accomplished what he wanted...make enough noise to be able to speak at the convention...I'm not sure if that is a done deal or not...I could see the GOP snubbing him.

I think that this thread is so dead says a lot about the burn out everyone is feeling. This primary has gone on forever...it started so early and they had so many debates...people were excited at the beginning...and now they are just "meh". And when Romney becomes the nominee...that isn't going to make anyone excited. The GOP have damaged themselves beyond repair for the general election.

You're right, Pennsylvania is the last "big" thing in this primary...it's not the biggest state left...but it is the biggest contest left. Although...it will be funny if the nomination comes down to California...one of the most liberal states that they have no chance of winning in the general.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join