It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America’s Cold Civil War

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Our culture is in the midst of a moral dilemma where bad is now good and what was deemed originally American by our Founders is now un-American.

Many believe America has been fighting a cold civil war for the past few decades. In recent years, under Obama’s watchful eye, the US government has acted to usurp even more power from citizens.

On the heels of NDAA, ObamaCare, Stimulus, Son of Stimulus, Patriot Act, takeover of auto, energy, media and movie industries, and the relentless implementation of Agenda 21… the Obama regime running our country into the ground has issued an updated Executive Order which suggests the probability of impending MARTIAL LAW.

We are left to scratch our heads and ask……… Why now?

The only possible answer is…

America is in fact, right now, in the vicious throes of a Cold Civil War.
link

All of these moves by the government are simply ways to tighten their control over our lives and further limit our ability to resist. These are Soviet-style tactics that have been used around the world by tyrants seeking to control populations. The similarities between the arrogance that we see in the American government today and what the Kremlin did almost 100 years ago are striking.

The Soviet concept of power, which permits no focal points of organization outside the Party itself, requires that the Party leadership remain in theory the sole repository of truth. For if truth were to be found elsewhere, there would be justification for its expression in organized activity. But it is precisely that which the Kremlin cannot and will not permit.

This means that truth is not a constant but is actually created, for all intents and purposes, by the Soviet leaders themselves. It may vary from week to week, from month to month. It is nothing absolute and immutable -- nothing which flows from objective reality. It is only the most recent manifestation of the wisdom of those in whom the ultimate wisdom is supposed to reside, because they represent the logic of history.
link

The ‘truth’ we are fed every day by our government through the MSM is simply what the government wants us to believe. They alone decide what the ‘truth’ is. They believe they have the answers to everything and, like the Soviets, they believe they are infallible. We know they are wrong and we know they have been misleading us for years. As they tighten their stranglehold on our lives today they’re looking to flush out those who will pose a threat to their agenda.

The National Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order is nothing more than a blatant attempt to stir trouble of the highest intensity. The regime is looking to see who jumps and to see the movement that happens amongst the most vocal defenders of our rights, (you and me). They are poking us to see if we will go over the edge and do something so stupid that there will be a crisis… it will be our fault… and if any of our number are provoked enough to rise to the proverbial bait — they will finally lower the hammer… all in the name of “national security and public safety.”

This is my fear about OWS, a group that has demonstrated a propensity to use violence as a means to an end (Oakland??). The attempt to force a government controlled ideology upon unwilling Americans is well underway and has picked up steam during the past 3 years. Though we must do everything we can to resist, we must do so wisely and in a civilized manner lest we play into their hands and create the type of Marshal Law scenario so many of us fear.

We cannot stand down. We cannot be silent. We MUST stand together as one…WITHOUT VIOLENCE, for there is no going back from that; we MUST speak out with the conviction and the authority granted by our unalienable rights and the United States Constitution!
link

What say you? Do you believe we are in a cold war? Do you believe we can accomplish our objectives and end this cold war in a peaceful manner?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I give you an S&F, but no I do not believe this can be settled peacefully any longer. At this point, I think only blood will regain our liberties. We have let too much go on for way too long. The regime will not peacefully surrender the power that they have stolen from the states and the people. We will have to take it back.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't know exactly what I would call what's going on. The point of view is everything when developing an opinion on this topic.

Here is an interesting, somewhat similar yet different take on what you are saying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I do agree, people have to let there voices be heard but in a completely peaceful and non-threatening manner. To do otherwise invites ugliness and harsh repercussions for everyone.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I give you an S&F, but no I do not believe this can be settled peacefully any longer. At this point, I think only blood will regain our liberties. We have let too much go on for way too long. The regime will not peacefully surrender the power that they have stolen from the states and the people. We will have to take it back.

I appreciate your response but I sure hope you're wrong. 

I think there are groups gaining strength today may be able to affect change we need without conflict. The author of one of my sources is a former Navy SEAL and he made a good point about violence. Once we cross that line theres no going back. 

I don't think anyone is anywhere near that point yet or we'd hear the chatter or see the action.  

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Americans couldn't hold a civil war today, they're too busy consuming their own tails; the decadent life of yearning for more luxury and less risk, no person wanting comfort is going to march at a war unless they know they will win spoils of war as well.

Civil Wars are part of another nations game, not your own; America gets embroiled in a civil war again and other nations will step in to usurp the 'fairness' and lend a helping hand to the sides they want to win.

It wouldn't be America vs. Itself, it's going to have to be the G8 minus the members of the G20 who disagree, then any of those who have large enough disagreements with the others in the G8 will find their cause echoed from the non-G8 leaders in the G20.

Blocs come crashing down, but who will win is a mystery until America starts to sing like a fat lady.

Whomever acts first will bark up the wrong tree, but America has to act against itself first, who would come to its aid to win not only against all enemies foreign and domestic, who has the most to lose?

If a second civil war is not North/South but East/West we know that the East coast will win against the West coast due to superiority, akin to how the North won against the South.

If it's a split between the middle of all the states, Red versus Blue, it does happen to be anyone's game.

Red versus Blue is the unpredictable nature of American politics, you'd need to ask the Commonwealth to allow its Monarchy over you if you want purple.

Anyways, the other civil wars on the globe are more important than you America, try not to stand in the shade.You'll go into a civil war when the rest of the world wants you there, not because you'll make your last stand there.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Sachyriel because: than instead of that

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

What say you? Do you believe we are in a cold war? Do you believe we can accomplish our objectives and end this cold war in a peaceful manner?

I have heard, or read Ronald Regan being credited for bringing down the Soviet Union and an end to the Cold War. However, I live in an area heavily populated by Russian immigrants. I live with these people, I drink coffee with the at coffee houses and I watch them defy authority regularly. They tend to be civil about their defiance, even polite and giving an authority figures the impression they will acquiesce, then the moment the authority figures turn their backs, the Russians flip them the finger and continue doing what it was they were doing. It has occurred to me that Ronald Regan didn't bring an end to the Soviet Union. In all likelihood the Russians did that.

Yes, we can end this Cold War in peaceful manner. I understand it is a war of ideals and that some prefer to govern themselves and others prefer that those who prefer to govern themselves be governed by heavy handed bullies to appease their sycophants who are frightened by people who believe in self government, but in spite of that I do believe we can end this thing peacefully and we can do it by simple non acquiescence to tyranny. They whose ideals are progressive and lusting for monstrous government and heavy handed enforcers will resist the resistance from those who would refuse to acquiesce, but fortunately we still have a Constitution that greatly restrains what government can do to appease their sycophants, and what I know for a fact is that those who know the law...actual law not the legislative nonsense being passed off as law...will find many judges who would never dare break their oath of office and deny and disparage the rights of those individuals sharp enough to assert them in the manner that need be.

Let the progressives have their 600,000 plus acts of legislation. Let those who want to govern themselves know the law and use it to set themselves free.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Your Marine friend is right. Once we cross the line and delve into violence and into an actual shooting conflict, then we can never go back. That is why so many Americans are protesting and participating in the process of the last 2 or so years... be they OWS or Tea Party or simply exercising their right to vote.

I believe that Mr Obama and the democrats are in for a real wake up call come November. Everybody... and I mean everybody I come into contact with at my store, church, home, community...everybody will be voting in November. Most people are biding their time and awaiting the election.

This is the most precarious time frame... the next 6 months... because if something happens... a false flag, a real event, a terrorist attack...an asteroid even... and the elections are delayed, it will be seen as a move by Mr Obama to secure his position and destroy Democracy. Right or wrong, real or contrived, it will get ugly fast.

Should Mr Obama get re-elected...I am afraid that would also create a scenario in which some people would feel that violence is now neccessary to preserve what is left of America... they would see themselves as "Patriots" in the fashion of the Minute Men or Washington or Jefferson.

Either way, I personally do not think America could survive Mr Obama another 4 years. I am so tired of feeling like I am in a twisted Twilight Zone episode where we went to sleep in America and awoke in the Soviet Union. I do not know about the people here at ATS, but the folks I see and talk to and interact with here in NC are arming themselves to the teeth and then some.

We are not afraid of social change, people exercising their rights, or trying to improve our country. We are afaid of the loss of liberty, rights of the individual to pursue life, liberty, happiness... to rise or fall with the work and sweat of your own hands and labor, to dream and excell... and we WILL fight to preserve those ideals.

Things have not gotten bad enough yet to justify violence and out right rebellion. But when a man has nothing left to lose, he will fight.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I agree with you on several points, especially about not making it through 4 more years of Obama. My appeal for non violence is directed at those knuckleheads (we all know a few) who have no clue what war looks like or how quickly civil disobedience can lead to a significant loss of life. 

A handful of idiots can spark Martial Law which will in turn effect us all and would surely spark more widespread violence. People who otherwise wouldn't be violent most certainly will be when backed into a corner.

I hope the few won't make it bad for the many. 

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

While I agree that there appears to be a concerted effort to divide, not unite, what would be the "sides"?

Along racial lines? I doubt it. You might be able to inflame a few thousad zealots, but not enough for a sustained war.

Along economic lines? The haves vs the have-nots? Again, a few thousand zealots might find time to make potty on cop cars, but not enough for a sustained war.

Now here's the really scary part. What if a major, really major crisis affected our country that drove those who normally had enough common sense NOT to support something like an uprising, caused them to change their minds?

Find out what that "event" is, and there's a chance to stop it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Obama has been creating a rift between the 'haves' and 'have nots' for 3 years. His desire for wealth redistribution, taxing the rich, and open support for OWS is proof. 

We've seen him race baiting for the past 3 years too. He never condemned the actions of the panthers in 08' after obvious voter intimidation, he got involved in the Cambridge police incident in 09', and most recently jumped on the Tryvon bandwagon while again turning a blind eye to the panthers and their 'dead or alive' vigilantism.   

I think they are starting trouble on many fronts...anything to kick things off and allow him to declare Martial Law. 

As far as a big event sparking something, I think all of us conspiracy theorists are on the lookout for a false flag. I know I am. 

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Let's walk this through then.

Martial law? Where? Nationally? The logistics to maintain that would be insurmountable.

Terrorist attack? It;d have to be huge. Ginormous!

It'd have to be a false flag that would cause the deaths of millions!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by seabag

Let's walk this through then.

Martial law? Where? Nationally? The logistics to maintain that would be insurmountable.

Terrorist attack? It;d have to be huge. Ginormous!

It'd have to be a false flag that would cause the deaths of millions!

Yes, it would. I fully expect them to do it. Don't forget agenda 21. It's not like they want us all around anyway. Personally, I would expect them to nuke Washington DC during a congressional break. They might even do it with congress in session if they think it would help. Taking out the congress would put all power in the hands of the president or senior surviving government member.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'm not discounting a false flag of that stature.

I'm not on this thread to debunk.

But I'm asking questions to narrow down the "why", "when", "what" and "where" of the event(s).

Who benefits?

Those in power.

They need though, the peons to provide reference for their "power".

Kill the peons and they'll be scrubbing their own toilets.

I can imagine a civil war. Really.

But what I'm having a hard time with, is the nature of the event that would precipitate it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I'm not discounting a false flag of that stature.

I'm not on this thread to debunk.

But I'm asking questions to narrow down the "why", "when", "what" and "where" of the event(s).

Who benefits?

Those in power.

They need though, the peons to provide reference for their "power".

Kill the peons and they'll be scrubbing their own toilets.

I can imagine a civil war. Really.

But what I'm having a hard time with, is the nature of the event that would precipitate it.

The event? Ok, imagine a dark and stormy night(or broad daylight if you prefer). Out on the wind swept waves of the Atlantic, the western Gulf of Mexico and the North Eastern Pacific are three Liberian flagged freighters. These freighters have scud missiles on them. At a prearranged time, the scuds are launched at DC, Seattle, and Houston. With the very close range, intercept would be impossible. North Korean and or Pakistani(for that matter old Soviet) tactical nukes are the scud's payloads. Do you get the picture now?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
What if. . . .

Occupy (created by the Obama administration) riots. "Get the rich man" "Take back what's yours" Shoots and kills many people. Riots all over the country. Destroying businesses, livelyhoods.

Something akin to the uprising in Russia @ 1917. (?????)

Government responds.
Freedoms lost?
Right to assemble.
Firearms.

Other things lost?
Being able to earn money----> now on government dole.
Buying food-------> Government "steps in" to provide food.
Housing. ---------> Government takes over mortgage industry
Banking/Money ----------> Government steps in, gains your financial assets, and information.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You're destroying valuable infrastructure though.

You want to keep the foundations, just alter the usage.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You're destroying valuable infrastructure though.

You want to keep the foundations, just alter the usage.

No they don't. Have you looked at agenda 21? They want many cities and towns abandoned and eventually torn down. They want to herd ever smaller populations into smaller and smaller enclosures.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

To be honest, I haven't read on "21".

Will do homework to gain some more insight.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Agenda 21 is a plan of the United Nations organization related to Sustainable development. Agenda 21 includes plans for activities conducted on several levels, global, regional and local. The full text agenda of Agenda 21 was unveiled at the United nations Conference on Enviroment and Development summit. the actual summit was held in 1992 and held in Rio de Janerio on the 14th of June; officaly 179 goverments voted to adopt the programme. In 1997, the General Assembly of the UN held a special session to appraise five years of progress on the implementation of Agenda 21. The Assembly recognized progress as 'uneven' and identified key trends including increasing globalization, widening inequalities in income and a continued deterioration of the global environment.

The Set Up of Agenda 21.

Agenda contains 900 pages, 40 chapters and is divded into four sections. They are..

■Section I: Social and Economic Dimensions
including combating poverty, changing consumption patterns, population and demographic dynamics, promoting health, promoting sustainable settlement patterns and integrating environment and development into decision-making.

■Section II: Conservation and Management of Resources for Development
including atmospheric protection, combating deforestation, protecting fragile environments, conservation of biological diversity (biodiversity), and control of pollution.

■Section III: Strengthening the Role of Major Groups
including the roles of children and youth, women, NGOs, local authorities, business and workers.

■Section IV: Means of Implementation
including science, technology transfer, education, international institutions and mechanisms and financial mechanisms.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So Agenda 21 is Cloward-Piven but on a global scale?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Consider this...if there was a large scale attack it could cause  economic collapse. We could see banks closed, 50+% unemployment, desperation, food shortages, gas shortages, violence, looting, etc because our supply chains are strained. We'd quickly have a Martial Law situation. 

I don't know why you think they need 20million people to pull it off. All they need to do is declare it, stop providing vital services, and then stand back and watch everything crumble. 

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join