It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winds at 140 km/h: Strongest storm in decades batters Japan-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
This is relation to my other post from yesterday, were i was saying the weather might have something to say about the end.

Above Top Secret

"This is like the core of a typhoon, but it is staying for a long time. A typhoon usually moves rather quickly," a spokesman for the Japanese Meteorological Agency said.

Decades? really, so a storm like this hasn't hit japan in a very very long time.

With all the wierd weather that going on , do you people really think its just a cycle.

Well if it is a cycle then get ready for a destructive one. This year its gonna get bad. I promise you that. I don't have to be able to see the future to tell you that.

my prediction we will have 3-4 hardcore cat 5 hurricanes this summer. prob after a very destructive tornado season. Worst then last year, and we broke the record last year.

I just hope mother earth watches us all and no one gets hurt.

Rt.com

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
And it's heading east toward the Fukushima nuclear plants. Hope everything goes well and they avoid the brunt of this storm.
It's supposed to reach Fukushima area shortly.

yokosonews.com...

fukushima-diary.com...

The storm is still going to grow and heading to North for 4/4/2012. Over 20m/s maximum instantaneous wind speed will be observed in Tokyo and Kinki until around 21:00 4/3/2012, in Chiba and Tokai until around 0:00 4/4/2012.

Tornado watch for eastern Japan

In Fukushima plants, because it is estimated that wind will blow at faster than 10m/s, cranes were stopped operating to clean debris from reactor3 and 4. Tepco is considering to cancel all the work to do outside as well.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Poor Japan, they have been through so much and it just keeps piling on. I so admire them. They are a strong, proud people and will endure, but I can't help but feel for them.

As for the other topic, weather, well not so sure that can be predicted as well. We will be having some, of that I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

ummm there was a pretty big typhoon which hit Japan last year. They get battered every year in one part or another by Typhoons.
So to say decades is technically incorrect.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by convinceme
reply to post by KingJod

ummm there was a pretty big typhoon which hit Japan last year. They get battered every year in one part or another by Typhoons.
So to say decades is technically incorrect.

This wasn't a typhoon. It acted like one, it was actually a slow moving low pressure system ( that apperantly is still moving). That has winds usually associated with typhoons.
edit on 3-4-2012 by KingJod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

not disagreeing with you.
2nd line

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

And you even quoted that it happened decades ago, so what the heck is so unusual about this?? There is always such weather events somewhere on Earth. And weather does change in both short and long lasting cycles which there are many of.

It would be unusual if this started happening often in areas where it was previously rare, which is simply not the case.

Take for example a 200 year storm that happens every 200 years on AVERAGE. You might have two of them during one period but next period might not have any of them so that makes it still 200 years on average.

I am really starting to get tired of how every weather event in this world is now hyped up like it is end of the world, when in fact it is just WEATHER.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Japanese airlines canceled hundreds of flights, some train services were halted and thousands of workers went home early as some of the strongest winds in more than 50 years hit Tokyo today.

The weather agency issued a tornado warning for the Tokyo area after the storm dumped as much as 6 centimeters (2.4 inches) of rain an hour in central Japan as it crossed from the southwest, with winds gusting up to 140 kilometers (87 miles) an hour. An 82-year-old woman died after being knocked over by the wind and hitting her head, national broadcaster NHK reported.

“People should try to avoid going out,” Tanaka said. “It’s very unusual for Tokyo to have such strong winds when there’s not a typhoon,” he said, referring to the tropical storms that regularly strike Japan between May and October.

Worst storm in decades.
Absolutely frightful, this has shut down much of the country til it passes.
Grounded planes, some trains cancelled, and forget about the automobile in this weather ....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by convinceme

Sorry if i seemed defensive. Alot of ATSers always try to argue something they don't know. The more i get on here the more i realize people do listin to the MSM and TPTB.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

Decades? really, so a storm like this hasn't hit japan in a very very long time.

"Decades" is not a "very very long time."
You are talking about billions of years...millions of years....100s of thousands of years, that these cycles take to complete.

Decades? That's nothing in cosmic or planetary evolution or cycling.

Yes, the weather is weird. I'm also in the central US...it feels like early May here...bizarre. Mild winter, too. But last year I had to shovel the drive five times with no less than 8" of snow each time....

Earth changes, every day.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It is still just a cycle, driven by heightened Sun Spot activity.

In the 24 hour news cycle, every weather event around the world gets reported now, whereas before, weather events halfway around the world would be ignored on the nightly news.

It's not really that we're seeing more weird weather, it's just being reported more.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I agree, but as humans how much do you think we can take. remember we are not the same as we were thousands of years ago. we have become pampered so to speak.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

is ok.

I just direct the point of my original post to say that Japan cops typhoons every year with winds that are worse with more destruction.
To say its the worst storm in decades is incorrect.

I am not ignorant of what they have been through or what they are going through.
Nature can be fierce.
edit on 3/4/2012 by convinceme because: misread post

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Man Japan just keeps getting dumped on. They really could use a break for, I dunno, about 30 years.

I have been so thoroughly impressed by the Japanese people, their resolve and ability to come together. They'll get through this too.

top topics

join