It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: The Bigger Loser

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
reply to post by ComeFindMe

And y'all want a stereotypical angry black woman as 2nd in command to an inexperienced leader?

Anything is better than a stereotypical bigot on ATS. Perhaps you could enlighten me with a description of the racist sterotype you are suggesting?

I hope your delusions keep you warm at night. You are evidently oblivious to the good she is (trying) to do for the American people.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's a low rent reality tv game show. I understand her 'cause' is healthy foods/weight loss .... But I'd rather see a POTUS actually working in the Oval Office rather than a low rent reality tv game show being taped there ... especially during an election year.

you're upset about the oval office being used to show how excercise can be a benefit to your health...but you have no problem with the oval office being used to formulate and carry out a plan to invade iraq using lies, costing thousands of lives and billions of dollars...sacred ground? ....right, yeah.
besides...the people of the united states own that building, not just the conservative right-wingers.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Indigo5

Ask yourself why those children are so Obese? What factors have changed so greatly in the past 20 years?

Nutrition....Monsanto...Cheap, industrialized food that trades corn syrup, sugar, and chemicals for what actually used to be FOOD and real FLAVOR.

And yes ...secondly, activity. You and I are of a generation that used to spend our afternoons OUTSIDE. Parents hover over thier kids these days. Most families in my nieghborhood used to have big bells hanging by the back door. When it was time to eat, we each knew the sound of our bell...till then we were running wild in the backyards. Now parents strap thier kids in elbow pads, knee pads, helmet and trot beside them down the sidewalk as they ride thier bikes.

Michelle Obama has started programs both encouraging kids to get outside and be active as well as nutrition.

I have no issue with the first lady trying to make a difference and only a political and cynical mind would have issue IMO.

You gave me a good laugh! My mom had a very distinct whistle when it was time to call my brother and me in for dinner or the evening. My neighbor's mom used a bell and the loudest mom just screamed the names of her flock to come home to roost for the evening. Nowadays, mom just sends out a text to bring junior out of his room and down for dinner.

I'm all for Michelle having a cause and its a good cause on the surface. I do have a hard time with the policing of our schools cafeterias and mandating what can be packed in a brown bag because the cafeteria food is "so much better" than what a parent can pack. In Texas, they were beta testing a program to monitor what kids actually throw away from their cafeteria trays. In my school, we always tossed out the "grizzly burgers" named for our mascot.

Kids often toss the apple from their lunch trays and dive straight into the cookies.

But, now cafeteria cameras can track what they’re really eating.

Health officials are using a $2 million federal grant to install cameras that will track eating habits at five San Antonio, Texas elementary schools. The camera program will analyze the food on the trays for kids whose parents give permission. Parents can get reports about what their kids ate in school. The cameras will record what the students put on their lunch tray. A computer program analyzes the food to calculate the amount of food and calories. Then it will also take an image of the students’ trays when they are done – this will enable calculation of the nutrition that the children consumed.

thechart.blogs.cnn.com...

How Orwellian!

edit on 3-4-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Now lets attack the first lady for trying to use her position to make a difference.

It's not what she's doing, it's where she's doing it.

You don't want to go down that path. The things that the last President and family did in the white house...and to be fair most every POTUS n Family before that...Do you want to know who has spent the night in the Lincoln Bedroom?

A program about fitness and weight loss is the least of it. Don't make me pull up comparisons.

You'll never get me to defend George Bush, who sullied the office just by being in it, OR William Jefferson Clinton who left stains of his own.

The Oval Office is a place to conduct the nation's business. It should have no other purpose. Period.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The past 3 years has shown who the biggest losers are both wifey and hubby are the biggest losers this nation has ever seen.

Come 2012 1 term president comes to mind and will be the biggest proof of this.

The dog and pony show continues the president and first lady on tv just shows how big a joke this country has become.
edit on 3-4-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Not to mention her letting her mama sit on the third floor
In the Nations Residence gutting chickens so she can talk to the dead... Geeeez
edit on 3-4-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Dimocrats

edit on 3-4-2012 by Bullypulpit because: More dimocrats attacking

What's with these chickens ?

Sounds interesting,

is it some kind of voodoo business ?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
i applaud michelle obama's efforts to spread the word about healthy eating and exercise. what better way to get attention than to take the workout to the whitehouse! it shows that our government is making an effort to change the american stereotype fat, lazy and unhealthy.

some of you guys will stop at nothing to villify the obamas no matter how valid their attempts to do a good thing for our country.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ComeFindMe

reply to post by ComeFindMe

And y'all want a stereotypical angry black woman as 2nd in command to an inexperienced leader?

Anything is better than a stereotypical bigot on ATS. Perhaps you could enlighten me with a description of the racist sterotype you are suggesting?

I hope your delusions keep you warm at night. You are evidently oblivious to the good she is (trying) to do for the American people.

What good is that? Keeping us all tuned in to pointless TV shows? Making a mockery of the Oval Office? You know, that place that the leader of our country conducts serious business.

Please, tell me what good she is (trying) to do for the American people, because I can't see it. At all.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Idiot right wingers...
It isn't about where it is...It is about who is doing it.

It is just blind hatred that is being spewed. The oval office is just another place of business, I mean, who the hell cares that there is a little fun and games being played in it. You idiots make it sound like it is some sort of hallowed ground.

Now if this was going on daily you would have a freaking argument...the fact it was used this one time means you are blowing it way out of proportion and your blind hatred for the current White House occupants is showing.

First Lady attempting to use her position for good, how dare she...any other First lady can do it but not this one.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm confused.

The First Lady is helping promote good health in a country that is currently in an obesity epidemic and this is bad?

It is tradition for First Lady's to champion non-partisan causes.

FLOTUS Obama is carrying that tradition.

Where's the problem?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
I'm confused.

The First Lady is helping promote good health in a country that is currently in an obesity epidemic and this is bad?

It is tradition for First Lady's to champion non-partisan causes.

FLOTUS Obama is carrying that tradition.

Where's the problem?

If she wants to champion good eating, then bully for her; but I'd rather see her stage a sit-in at McDonalds than watch a bunch of people dripping flop sweat in the Oval Office.

This isn't Jackie Kennedy giving CBS a tour of the White House dining room; it's a GAME SHOW, just half a step above Jersey Shore. It's the disrespect she is paying to the office that bothers me, but I shouldn't be surprised at all. The Obamas have shown time and again - "All this for a f-ing flag." - that they have no respect for anything.

God knows what they do when there are no cameras around.

edit on 4/3/2012 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Helping to promote a program that deals with people trying to lose weight. Not a bad thing in a country with a huge obesity problem (no pun intended).

Mockery? Nope. That's a matter of opinion anyway. Criticising someone who is addressing a massive health issue that affects millions of people, purely on the basis of the room she does it in, is pathetic. Get over yourself.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Not to mention her letting her mama sit on the third floor
In the Nations Residence gutting chickens so she can talk to the dead... Geeeez
edit on 3-4-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Dimocrats

edit on 3-4-2012 by Bullypulpit because: More dimocrats attacking

What's with these chickens ?

Sounds interesting,

is it some kind of voodoo business ?

She's into santeria... Island voodoo...soon after they moved her onto the 3rd floor she started having rituals,attempting to contact the dead husband...Uncle O threw a hissy fit[that was back when he cared what the People of America thought]and put the word out that she was to tone it down...prob never find mention of it now in the MSM but it made a splash on 09....crazy old biddy cutting chicken throats and hanging them upside down...in he White House

top topics

<< 1   >>

join