It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is I, your supreme leader. [WRC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Greetings world, It is I the supreme leader of earth. But please I want to keep things informal, after all we're among friends here. Please call me Bill.

Well gang, its been a crazy couple of years hasn't it? Mass suicides after 2012 turned out to be just another day and all the mental patients realized they had not ascended into the 5th dimension, World wars as countries fought over dwindling resources and freaking aliens harvesting humans for food and DNA samples. Who the hell would have thought that human lower intestines were an alien delicacy, although I must admit it kind of explains all that probing back in the early20th century.

But we survived it all, Even that deadly retrovirus outbreak, well some of us did. Now I know what your thinking, you're thinking "But Bill, it was you and your team of freedom fighters that released that virus to kill the aliens who were feeding on the humans." not one of my shining moments I will admit BUT it did get the job done didnt it?

Ok so there are only 50 or so of us left on earth so what. Look we can all stand around here and play the blame game but I want to move forward. You there, yes you left arm Larry... what suggestions do you have for the new Empire?............and dont say a left handed store. Oh you want to have a Democratic election to choose a leader? yeah sure we can do that. Err Charlie why don't you take Larry out the back and show him the new voting booth we constructed. Just follow Charlie down there...

You see people, this is how the new Empire needs to work. Its all about the human element of approachability....!!BANG!!....I do value your honest feedback. Now do we have any more suggestions? No? oh ok, ill make one then.

My first suggestion is a Palace, If im to be your leader I need to be able to entertain foreign dignitaries in the style they have become accustomed to....sorry what was that lucky Pete? ........Oh I see, well you do make a very valid point. Yes you are right since there are no other countries how can there be anybody foreign. You see folks we need smarts like this in the Empire. From now on im making Peter the Vice chancellor of Education. Carlie would you please show the Vice chancellor to his quarters. He has quite a bit of work ahead of him and he will want to get settled into his new role.

You see that initiative? That is precisely the kind of quick thinking this Empire needs.....!!BANG!!.....We are blessed to have a man like Pete working for us. Well thats all the members of the council chosen, are there any more questions or suggestions before we convene this world gathering? None? This is an open forum people. I am a man just like you and I make mistakes. I expect to be corrected if I am wrong...

..."errr....I have a question"....!!!BANG..BANG..BANG!!!.........Any other questions???

Edit to add..This is for a writing contest so if you enjoyed the story drop me a flag.
edit on 3-4-2012 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Loved it. Kinda made me think of something like;

"When rednecks rule."

S&F, welcome to the party

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Thanks for the S&F

yeah I was thinking along the lines of rednecks lol basically simpletons who have no concept of civilization inherit the earth or whats left of it. I'll check out your entries in a bit.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Too funny.

I'd didn't get it the first read. Thought Bill was at a podium with a gavel.

Second read I was rolling. SnF.

So the world population is down to 45-55 folk, aye? Perfect for inbreedin!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

thanks

I wanted to do it all from only 1 point of view. like a 1 man play so to speak. yeah the sounds are supposed to infer gunshots lol

and I went for a small population because as you rightly guessed it was keeping with the these of regnecks and inbreeding.

new topics

top topics

join