It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I’m out for a short while..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Well, I’m out for a short while..

Here’s a thread I never thought I’d be making. However, bear in mind It's not one I'm making out of anger or frustration or anything else like that as others before me have done. See, I’m looking to take a bit of a break from here now. One I don’t want to take but one I think I may have to due to circumstances. With writing this thread I just thought it would be nice to at least let people know. I have a lot of friends that I've made here after all, some people I’ve gotten to know really, really well now and chat to almost every single day.

But I have a lot of real life stuff I need to concentrate on now you see and I have some other stuff I need to work on getting started online as well – Namely the little project I have listed in my signature for example. Stuff that I’d like to focus a bit more time on thus making a break from this site here where I spend a great deal of my time, all of which I still thoroughly enjoy, a bit of a distraction. An unwanted and unneeded distraction unfortunately.

I have to be honest as well, lately on ATS I have been feeling perhaps more and more frustrated at certain thing’s I've seen as well, and I imagine certain others can say the same thing. I still enjoy reading of course and I don’t think overall content has changed all that much over the years either, despite what some say there is still great thread’s out there as far as I'm concerned, it's just a case of finding them and not letting yourself get overwhelmed by all the nonsense, but there are thing’s which have become too much of an annoyance too – namely certain race issues which are just such a shame to see, especially here. I really thought some were better than such things.

So, looking at how I feel alone, as opposed to what I need to do for myself anyway, maybe a bit of a break is a good thing. I’m sure every single person reading this thread now has come to a point at one time or another where they just feel so annoyed and disappointed at something they saw posted here to the extent where they physically need to step away. Nothing wrong with that I guess. We all admire this site and hate to see it tarnished in such a way. I imagine it’s why there’s so many complaint thread’s about content and so on as well, you know, the one's which seem to crop up every few weeks or so without fail..

This really is a great site though and to see so much negativity surrounding it, whether it be through content or anything else, really is a shame. I'm a big believer that this community, when they really put their minds together that is, can achieve a lot and can prove or debunk almost anything. Much more than some realize in fact. There's a lot of very Intelligent and open-minded people here. More than anywhere else I've ever encountered..

But anyway, I do like this site, I enjoy posting here, I know I've at least tried to contribute some good stuff over time and I do have a lot of respect for those who brought it to us. But, at least for a while, I can’t really say I’m going to be a part of the community. Because as of right now I imagine I won’t be all that much. I have thing’s elsewhere that I need to take care of, online and offline, and as much as I do enjoy this site, It is rather addictive and distracting, something I think most reading can attest to. Something I also don't need right now.

Cya around sometime in the future perhaps – I’ll try and make sure I’m not crawling back here all apologetic and begging for acceptance once again with-in at least a day or 2.

Take care.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I have had that site in my bookmarks since you showed it to me.

Good luck with your endeavors and thanks for all your great threads,if only others made threads like yours but thats another conversation.

Take care old man and make sure to get back here when you can.

edit on 3-4-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'll miss you RA.
That looks like such an amazing project. I guess I have a lot more reading to do now.
I wish you the best of luck, in everything you have going on right now.
I also wish my own sons had as much drive and ambition as you do. You are a truly wonderful young man!

(don't forget to streak, once in a great while, just for old times sake!)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I will miss your logic, humor and threads, but most of all your unique POV of the world. Thanks for everything you have posted and have fun out there.

You will be missed.

OiO

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Goodbye for now

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Safe Journey, and good luck with your project. You will be missed.

Des

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wow! Great work on the website! Sorry I hadn't checked it out before.
Best wishes on everything real life for you.
We'll leave the light on and a cold one in the fridge.
Don't forget us now!
(omg I'm now referring to myself in the plural
)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I hear you on the race thing mate...

This place has been infested and it happened a while ago.... just so happens it getting worse.

Oh well.

Good luck with all your projects man and I look forward to your new site.

Take it easy my friend

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
well friend as you well know we have butted heads in the past and also have agrred on things.
i hope all works out for you!
i will miss your insight and your singular wit.
please take care
peace

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Take Care RA.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You are correct, this is one heck of a site....with that said however, it can at times become overwhelming especially when real life comes knocking on your door.

I understand completely and when you decide to come back, if you do, you will be welcomed back with open arms of that I am completely confident in saying. Go and do what needs doing. You know where to find me if you find yourself in need of anything at all, as always, my good friend.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
RA my friend, this is a sad day indeed.

To see you leave this site, feels like a voice of sanity and clarity is being ripped from this site. Long after you are gone, your praises will be sung on here, from the highest mountain tops, to the deepest trenches on earth. For you have established yourself as a man amongst men, a thinker beyond his few years on earth.

I wish you all the best from the heart mate, and i know whatever you do, or wherever you go, success will be in your future.

Take care mate.

vvv

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
RA, dude I don't know what to say. I will miss you a great deal. In my time here you have become a great friend. My respect for you has grown with each of your posts. And each of our conversations. We'll still be here when or if you come back. Stay in touch. (I really enjoy the "The New Project")

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Well, I hope you're not going to be gone for long.

I've always enjoyed your threads, some of the best on here, without a doubt.

I know how you feel with some of the ugliness on these boards. It makes you wonder what we've learned in the past 50 years.

Does any of this stuff look familiar?

I used to work for a major American manufacturing company in Indianapolis in the 1990's, while working there I heard the story about when RFK toured the plant in 1968, as Bobby was walking through the plant shaking hands he came upon a man who refused to shake his hand, when asked why the man replied, "I don't shake hands with no ni**er lover". This man was still regaled as a hero amongst a disturbingly large portion of the unionized, racially diverse workforce.

RFK was in in Indianapolis campaigning for the 1968 presidential election, while he was there Martin Luther King was assassinated. In the wake of the King assassination many American cities erupted into riots and flames, Indianapolis didn't, and many credit that fact due to this speech that Bobby gave.

But the vast majority of white people and the vast majority of black people in this country want to live together, want to improve the quality of our life, and want justice for all human beings that abide in our land.

Maybe some day we'll have the honesty and courage to face the truth.

Thank you for all your threads, I learned a lot from them, I bookmarked your site, and I'll follow you on twitter, I'll see you around.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
You were one of the first to welcome me when i signed up, so seems only fair to come and see you off....
T'ra a bit mate

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
don't blame you a bit rising i know that a few of us have commented alot on Skype about the direction of a lot of things on this site and i don't blame you from wanting to take a break, im hardly here any more either for the very same reason and i refuse to post anything now, im sickened sometimes by some of the stuff on here and to be honest we all need a break from it at some point and regain some sanity back.

i hope things around here improve, as i myself made alot of friends here. Il see you around RA you cant hide from ME that easy
mwhahahaha

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Cya around sometime in the future perhaps – I’ll try and make sure I’m not crawling back here all apologetic and begging for acceptance once again with-in at least a day or 2.

Take a day , a week , a month or a year , you will be missed while your gone and welcomed back when you return .
All the best

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
C U around RA. and above all take care of yourself and keep smiling...

C.A.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Enjoy your break RA, you will be missed around these parts. I'm sure you'll be back, so its more of a catch you later than a good bye.

Tak it easy mate.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Good for you RA, you will enjoy it I am sure. I just took a 3 week break from the interwebz in general, and I wrote 2 songs, read 3 books, finished a painting and temporarily quit worrying about the doom-n-gloom. Twas quite refreshing honestly.
I appreciate your work and attitude here, and I consider you a valuable member. I hope you are able to make the most of your time, in a less distracted fashion for now.

Peace,
spec

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join