It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blocking threads from view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I did a search to see if this had been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything and I'm really curious.

Is there any way to block a thread from crossing the boards?

I'm really tired of looking at certain threads that appear to be here to stay (at least for a good while), so is there a way I can block these threads without having to block the entire forum?

As I understand it, you can click on the minus sign that's beside the thread's title on the Recent Posts board, but this will block the entire forum. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What a great idea. Is this possible?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
That isn't a bad idea!

I block certain forums already. I don't see any politics forum

Blocking individual threads instead of forums would be a cool option.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Isn't that called 'Don't click?"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm happy to stop back in and see that this has garnered some attention after all.

I feel that this is a good idea and something that ATS should consider. It's nice when you can subscribe to a thread, then when you aren't interested in it anymore, you can X it from your list in your ATS account, but I'm wanting to take this one step further.

Yes, I wrote this in regards to the threads about a certain topic that Springer just created a thread about. Although I'm no longer interested in viewing the discussions about this case, I don't even want to see it crossing the board when I'm searching Recent Topics. It doesn't even matter that I'm able to avoid clicking on the thread. I really don't even want to be reminded that this case is becoming a huge topic for discussion and distraction. Basicly, I'd like to subscribe to the old adage "Out of sight, out of mind." It is stressing me out that racism is rearing its ugly head in the 21st century and I simply don't want to have these threads cluttering up my Recent Topics board. Being able to make such threads invisible would greatly increase my viewing pleasure. If I want updates on racism in America, I'll turn on the TV or visit my usual MSM news websites.

The fact that this case has caused me to address this issue is not to say that I haven't felt this way about other threads in the past. Maybe I'm tired of seeing a thread titled "I'm an alien and I can prove it".,or what if I'm interested in the spiritual aspect of 2012 and desire updates about the secret government (NWO), but I have no interest or belief that the government is building FEMA camps for everyone. As soon as I see these types of threads on the board, I can click a button and make them invisible, yet I can still see other threads in the 2012 and New World Order forums.

So, ATS Admin and Mods, is it ever going to be possible to make a thread invisible on the Recent Topics board?
Thanks in advance for considering this action.

Also, thanks to those who are supporting this idea.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I may be misinterpreting your request, but there is a minus button next to every thread that if clicked, will remove that thread from your list. I use it often to rid my list of threads that are annoying.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

I always thought that the minus sign beside the thread caused it to rid the board of that forum.
Maybe I'm wrong about this.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
I may be misinterpreting your request, but there is a minus button next to every thread that if clicked, will remove that thread from your list. I use it often to rid my list of threads that are annoying.

WOW!!!! THATS what it does! I was always afraid to click it. Yay! No more political madness and other junk not relevant to my interests..

Now... How do you get those forums to reappear when you want to at a later time?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

There's an option next to the number of pages that says "show removed forums".

Then when they appear you will see a green "+" sign next to them, click it and the forum will be added back.

edit on 4-4-2012 by Casandra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's a great function to have especially since the US elections are nearing.
If you regularly sift out the bad threads, your recent posts window will be so much smoother.
The sad thing is after each deletion the page refreshes and you have to scroll through again.
glad to help out

top topics

join