It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weather Is Going Mad.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Last week in Scotland the temperature was 23.6C. Today they have heavy SNOW. What the hell is going on with the weather? I have seen extremes before but this is getting more common:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I heard it was 80 in Denver yesterday and today they had 5 inches of snow and 30 degree temps. Crazy!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
No, no, no, this is all normal. Nothing to see here. Don't you people know that I have all the weather data from the beginning of time until now, and there is no such thing as "extreme weather"? This is all very normal. Good day. Hahahaha, sorry, I just wanted to beat the debunkers. Canada here, we have had pretty much no winter in central Canada, which combined with the summer we had and the winter before, is very unusual. I'm betting drought this year.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
crazy weather
crazy politics
crazy financial system
crazy animals dying off in thousands
crazy strange sound in the sky
crazy volcanoes
crazy earthquakes
crazy pollution
crazy magnetosphere

of course you are crazy if you thing something is going on here

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
crazy weather
crazy politics
crazy financial system
crazy animals dying off in thousands
crazy strange sound in the sky
crazy volcanoes
crazy earthquakes
crazy pollution
crazy magnetosphere

of course you are crazy if you thing something is going on here

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
How many hints do you guys need... seriously lol

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
We just had our warmest day so far in Sweden and yesterday it was hailing with speedy winds. Now it's back to normal again, hehe.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

ya im in ontario and i thinking drought,heat wave water ban fire ban.
yesterday morning it snowed for a bit,but it melted before it hit the ground! gonna be sunny an +11 all week here.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Well, early spring is susceptible to drastic changes. A slight movement of the jetstream can bring warm tropical winds or cold arctic winds in successive days. In another month, temperatures around the northern hemisphere should start normalizing as we turn closer to the sun. It may still get quite balmy before summer, but I would think by then that almost all of the snowfall should end.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

ya we here in canada had that last week! we have no snow in canada this year!!!
imagine that!
we don't know what to do when we wake up early,'cause thats when we shovel the driveway!

all i know is this summer is gonna be worse than our 'non winter'.
my poor garden might be a non issue

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
While the weather is unusual it is not that unusual that it should be causing so many "theories" I am nearly 50 years old and have seen hot winters a good few times, just as I have seen hot spring weather and snow in summer, I have even been in snow showers in June (UK) which was very strange, but it happens.

Mother nature does not conform to our rules, the weather cycles change constantly. The UK for example has be a frozen Tundra, a tropical rain forest, not just our present temperate climate. Weather is determined by high and low reassure points traversing the earth.

We have a tradition here for example of a White Christmas, the reason we have such a tradition is because of Charles Dickens writing about the snow at Christmas, because during his time there was a mini ice age, a cold spell and the winters were far more harsh than normal, yet the normal average temp for December is between 5 - 10 degrees, which just goes to show how nature can throw a spanner into the works when we try to come up with theories.

Yes it has been a warm March (I loved it) now we are getting a cold spell, nothing that strange about it, just temperatures have returned to their seasonal norm, if we get a very warm May, then the odds are the rest of summer will be crap with below normal temps and lots of rain. Seen it all before
edit on 3-4-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I've reached the point of ignoring the weather service.

In one weeks time here in Texas, they've proven to be clueless; one day they predicted clear skies and high temps, and we got thunderstorms for half of the day; just yesterday we had news warnings about a major thunderstorm, and didn't get a drop of rain.

I subscribe to two theories of why the weather's going wacky, personally; either we're about to undergo a magnetospheric flip, or more disturbingly, the axial tilt of the Earth may be shifting, or about to shift.
Either or neither way, the instability of the weather has me wishing I lived further from a flood plain.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

It is Britain, it isn't that unusual. People a little older may remember the older weather cycles where you could have rain, sleet, snow and sun all in the same day. At least this time we had a week of sunny first.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Flavian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by alldaylong
Last week in Scotland the temperature was 23.6C. Today they have heavy SNOW. What the hell is going on with the weather? I have seen extremes before but this is getting more common:-

www.bbc.co.uk...

Might i suggest to other ATS users if the worlds weather is going to pot and cold places are getting hotter and vice versa..why not buy holiday homes cheap in scotland try...

Here

or

here

or

here

Get in there and buy, buy, buy before the prices soar like the temperature

seriously tho isn't the strange weather due to repeated solar flares
battering the earth?

random news report

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

I can understand your frustration, but meteorology is a science of prediction, not of scheduling. The best meteorologists in the world are usually off by a degree or two every day, and unforeseen weather phenomena can make low-percentage events occur.

If you were to place a wager on whether or not your area will receive precipitation when the chance for rain is 80%, you'd probably bet on rain. Any gambler would take those odds... but that 20% CAN happen, and when it does, the meteorologist is the first one to be chided.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Meanwhile in Finland, we've had a winter just full of snow. More snow falls all the time. It melts a little and then snows some more. Funny old winter.

Eventually we'll have a good melt. It might get warmer, at least enough to melt most if not all of the snow. But that will take a couple of months. Might start by mid-April, if we're lucky. By June the snow will be (mostly) gone and it might be warm. Might rain a lot. Might be cloudy all summer. Might not get above 20°C. We've had snow in June in my quarter century here so that won't be a surprise either. Or it could be a scorcher. We've had that too. Autumn might be long or it might be short. It may snow already in the first week of October, or even in the last week of September.

But for now, snow. It's snowing even now. Winter-white outside. Even the sky is white.

You guys are hogging up all the warm weather.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Malfeitor

I wouldn't ignore all weather reports due to not correctly forecasting a few thunderstorms. Thunderstorms formed from cumulonimbus clouds are actually quite hard to predict precisely since they are often quite localised and cannot be tracked days in advance like a low pressure trough or a frontal system. Also, they generally only start to form during the day when the sun is shining, and it can be sunny in one town while a town 30 miles away can be getting hammered. All we can really do is assess the likelihood of thunderstorms, and make an educated guess, which cannot be 100% guaranteed. A general understanding of meteorology can go a long way towards understanding why we should never expect forecasts to be correct all the time.

We can forecast a lot of weather fairly well though, even if it's never 100% accurate. For instance, I knew over a week ago that a low pressure system would be heading down from the tropics and sending a significant amount of swell my way, which I certainly made the most of today.

I'm not sure if there is any reason to suspect a "magnetospheric flip" is occurring, but I know there would be a lot more indications of a shift in axial tilt than a bit of weird weather. I subscribe to the theory that weird weather is due to the fact that weather is weird. Weather has never been consistent, and it would actually be weird if we got no weird weather, and we merely got the "average weather" every day. But a world where the weather was the same every day is not the world I want to live in.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Curious and Concerned

I suppose I should have specified that I've studied meteorology on and off for years, and meant my initial statement as more of a declaration of frustration. I'm well aware that conditions vary over a relatively small area; when I lived only twenty miles north of my family, there would often be rain at my apartment but not their house. Regardless, the accuracy of our local station has become deplorable, only being correct about pollen count and high temperatures about six days a week; I find myself googling the weather more often, or better yet, sticking my head out the window. I often find myself more frustrated with the weather service than is warranted, I'll admit.

The magnetspheric flip, however, is a shot in the dark guess on my part. While it has been predicted, it may be more than 1,500 years from happening, according to geologists. The axial tilt theory is derived from Edgar Cayce, the sleeping prophet. There is no evidence that a further tilting will occur, but its a fun idea. The sole reason I wonder if the weather patterns are shifting permanently is due to the last ten years in my town; each winter shorter, each spring and summer drier, and so many fires as a result.

Oh, and to DaTroof; yesterday had a 100% chance of severe storms, not 20%; having no functional windshield wipers and having cancelled my plans for nothing, I do believe I'm justified, if only this once.

Sorry if I'm coming off abrasive; I haven't slept, and it is beginning to get to me. The next time I post I suppose I should provide more information and less opinion.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Almost 25 years ago I was living up in Aberdeen, I remember phoning my dad to wish him a happy birthday. Why do I remember that particular birthday....I was snowed in...it was middle of May! It had dumped 2ft of snow overnight!

It's just weather.....I'm old enough to say that now

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I just logged on to ATS to start a thread on the very subject, I was going to call it "Not another bloody English weather thread", but alas, you beat me to it.

You are right, it has gone nuts, from scorching heat, to snow over 1/3 the country.

Here in Workington it has been a nice warm sunny day (after rain last night), then all of a sudden out of nowhere, BOOOOOM, gale force winds. There was no gradual build up, it just hit.

It's like the country has every possible climate going on at the same time.

EDIT: and to make even less sense, not only is it warm outside, and blowing gale, it is also snowing now! How does it snow and be warm at the same time!

I'm one of the skeptics, or debunkers as some like to call us, only because I like the truth, but even I have to say this is slightly odd, lol.
edit on 3/4/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join