It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Ruling Allows Strip-Searches for Any Arrest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
This is disturbing.

Most of the drugs and contraband get into prison through the guards. Why don't they get strip searched before every shift? Sounds fair to me...

And safety of the institutions?!?!?! Men get raped and beaten daily in jails and prisons--this only serves to allow police further recourse to abuse detainees--as if they needed any more room...

The more dehumanizing the detention process becomes, the more cops we'll see sent to their maker by citizens who won't stand for their brutality.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Some of these replies are so dumb I read them just to laugh.

You are not stripped searched for a traffic ticket. You are arrested if the violation was serious enough or if a bench warrant for failure to pay a ticket is issued, you are incarcerated. When you are incarcerated, the government must assure your safety and others. That means no weapons.

You can get your boot knife back when you are released but I doubt they will return that bottle of crack hidden between your testicles.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I read this in the Boston Globe as well this morning, it left me speechless with my jaw hanging.
Things are becoming a lot more extreme this year and last year with government surveillance and over-stepping personal boundaries. Unfortunately many Americans like myself do not have the chance to up and move to a new country and away from this bull#. American...hah what a joke.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I can agree with this if it occurs only when putting someone in jail. That is understandable, as you don't want them to have certain objects in a jail cell. But searching those who are not being booked should not occur under any circumstances. What bothers me is that people are put in jail for no reason nowadays.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm not surprised, I was searched on a misdeamnor first time offense because the cop said I stole a PSP game in my pocket despite me having the receipt.

Cops have been abusing their authority for a long time; people are just finally starting to take notice

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Citing examples from briefs submitted to the Supreme Court, Justice Breyer wrote that people have been subjected to “the humiliation of a visual strip-search” after being arrested for driving with a noisy muffler, failing to use a turn signal and riding a bicycle without an audible bell.

A nun was strip-searched, he wrote, after an arrest for trespassing during an antiwar demonstration.

The decades long conservative cultural backlash against liberal nuance (the old "who should be in the life raft" ethics situation) has lead us to where everything is the same. We now have the opposite of moral relevancy...moral irrelevancy. A non-violent nun is strip searched as is a violent drug dealer.

State control is much easier to accomplish, when there is no difference, when judicious wisdom is not applied. In the Daddy State, Daddy brings out his belt regardless of the crime and punishes all his children the same.

CJ Roberts understands this but meekly states..

In a concurrence, Chief Justice Roberts, quoting from an earlier decision, said that exceptions to Monday’s ruling were still possible “to ensure that we ‘not embarrass the future.’ ”

Sorry, Mr. Roberts, but you are stuck with your decision. That ship is now long gone, and that ship is named the SS Embarrassment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join