It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hinch names paedophile

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by phalanx001
However, under the current laws, the question is how does one protect their children from a rock spider - especially given the high recidivism rates amongst them?
First of all, I don't have children, so I am not really in the same position as those that have, my position would probably be a little different if I had.

The fact that there is a list with names of people that were considered sex offenders (what really defines a sex offender?) doesn't mean that all paedophiles are on that list, and everybody knows that. In fact, I think that a list like that could be used by non-listed paedophiles as a way of shifting the blame to those already known as such.

So, how does one protect their children? In the same way as if there wasn't any list, being careful and teaching the children how to react in case they are approached or attacked.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by phalanx001
However, under the current laws, the question is how does one protect their children from a rock spider - especially given the high recidivism rates amongst them?
First of all, I don't have children, so I am not really in the same position as those that have, my position would probably be a little different if I had.

The fact that there is a list with names of people that were considered sex offenders (what really defines a sex offender?) doesn't mean that all paedophiles are on that list, and everybody knows that. In fact, I think that a list like that could be used by non-listed paedophiles as a way of shifting the blame to those already known as such.

So, how does one protect their children? In the same way as if there wasn't any list, being careful and teaching the children how to react in case they are approached or attacked.

Makes sense.

<< 1   >>

join