It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April Fool's joke?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
FBI says no credible threats but they're taking it seriously, can't blame them, if this is supposed to be a joke it's very poorly done. There's alot of sick people out there, if they catch them I hope they throw the book at them, just long enough to teach these idiots a lesson. Let's hope that's all it is. What do you think?

www.nbcnewyork.com...]

Jonathon Dienst and Shimon Prokupecz

FBI, NYPD Investigate New Terror Threat Graphic Mentioning NYC

A computer graphic warning that al-Qaida will return soon to New York City has been posted on an internet site linked to the terror organization, and the NYPD and FBI say they are investigating.The graphic was posted on a radical overseas website and shows the city skyline and reads: "Al Qaeda Coming Soon Again in New York."

edit on 2-4-2012 by 1loserel2 because: typo

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I read about this earlier.I don't think there's anything to it.Probably just some idiot with nothing better to do created it and posted it.My guess would be for attention.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Great find!

It's something to watch. They seem to be taking it seriously!

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said the graphic appeared on a site that has hosted al-Qaida material before and is what the NYPD Intelligence Division refers to as a Category 1 website, meaning it is heavily used by Jihadi and al-Qaida adherents.

If it's heavily used then it's recruiting time if nothing else.

join