It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting memories.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
When I was 3-4 years old I experienced something that I still think about regularly. In short I was playing in the living room alone, jumping around on furniture when I decided to go for a long jump across a ≈ 9 foot distance from the couch to a chair. When I leaped I remember realizing two things, 1) I wasn't going to make it and 2) I should not have jumped superman style (belly flop). Right as I started to hit the ground I was lifted up (like on a swing) and gently placed on the chair I was aiming for on my feet. As ridiculous as this sounds, I still felt the need to at least put it out there and see if anyone else ever experienced anything like this.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

Yes, it happened to me when I learned how to fly. How did you get here from Krypton?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

Actually, that's pretty common. You see, the sudden realization that you were about to crush your young, fragile ribs simply distracted you long enough to forget to fall, so you flew
This guy Doug Adams told me about it

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
lol. ok ok, I get it. I wouldn't believe the story either if I read it. Just one of those things that doesn't matter if I can't prove it. I just wanted to know if anyone else experienced anything strange/supernatural as a kid.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Sorry, had to do it. But to answer your question, no, I never experienced anything THAT supernatural as a child. For awhile, after my grandfather had died, my family and I all thought we could hear him in his house, but that's about it. Never have I been acted upon by an invisible, outside force

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Not to long ago I fell, in slow motion. As I was falling I panicked, cause I knew I was really going to hurt myself, time slowed down and I was able to put my arm out to break my fall, hitting the floor was also in slow motion. I was there, and I don't believe it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
Not to long ago I fell, in slow motion. As I was falling I panicked, cause I knew I was really going to hurt myself, time slowed down and I was able to put my arm out to break my fall, hitting the floor was also in slow motion. I was there, and I don't believe it.

In my case, it happens fast and I curl into a ball (Fetal position) to absorb the blow.

I've known to many people who break their arms or worse trying to catch themselves.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Thank you for your concern for me, that is so sweet.
I fall, like a tree, so any reaction to help break it, is preferred to total annihilation
My arm actually gave, but it was enough to mitigate the impact. In the case of life or limb, I will choose life.

top topics

join