It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My husband was "forced to resign" today from an NRA call center for being an atheist.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
That sounds very harsh but the reality is this world isnt fair, its not fair for me as a Christian either.
Atheist hate my opinion and beliefs and have said the same thing to me I said to you. I am just parroting what I have been told.

I call Buzz$hit on you also. If any true Atheist gets upset and show hatred toward any religious person then they are just a bad person within and has nothing to do with their non-beliefs.

I am an Atheist, but am married to a LDS woman, I have offspring with her and do not mind my child going to church if she wants. I just put all options on the table for my kids(2step children also), so when they get older they are informed and can make educated decisions on which path to go, which path makes them feel good.

I was raised Catholic, became a Born Again Christian after a small screw off time during my younger age, but found the system lacking for my tastes. I will not get into that now.

Being an Atheist for me is not about condemning another persons beliefs, it is about having educated, civil debates with those of other beliefs and discerning the information found in these chats. My inlaws are all LDS, father-in-law is a bishop for his stake, 3 brother-in-laws hold other positions, and they love chatting with me about my views, but have never condemned me in the 10 years I have been part of their family.

I could never say the same for hardcore Christians who claim some crazy stuff, and are willing to kill for their beliefs almost as much as the extremeist Islamic person.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectBlue

Sorry to hear about that. It's not easy finding a good job these days as it is.

Having said that, now, more than ever, it's vital that you stand up for what you believe (or don't believe in this case
) ... whether you see them or not, lines are being drawn in the sand everywhere you look.

A better course of action might have been for him to stand up to this "bully" refused to sign, and walk out... then instead of you writing to tell US what happened you could have penned this word for word and sent it to your local/state media.

If being an atheist is grounds for non-employment, they should have said so before he was hired. This is prejudicial. Especially considering they knew about it and hired him anyway.

edit on 3-4-2012 by HIWATT because: sellping

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It seems that God may be trying to get your husbands attention by knocking on the door. When he knocks you should consider opening the door....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrecksrme
It seems that God may be trying to get your husbands attention by knocking on the door. When he knocks you should consider opening the door....

And then her husband can become a born-again Christian, and reap good fortune, and then write a screen-play of his life and get rich and famous! Wait, maybe that's been done before? Oh well, doesn't matter, that story never gets old.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Does anyone expect anything less from the NRA?
Anyone surprised by this?
I'm sure not.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Stuff like this is why I've never joined the NRA, even though I own over 200 guns and have a permit to carry.

Got into a pretty heated debate at my required permit training with an NRA rep who came to give us a presentation. I asked what it had to do with a class for permits and they guy went apepoop. It was pretty funny actually as most of the class was in my corner by the time it was over. NRA are bullies, stand up and they back down.

Your husband has a lawsuit depending on whether or not you are in a right to work state. In a right to work state you can be fired at any time for any reason. They can fre you for your haircut,

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I totally agree. I was a member for 1 year. During that year they harassed me by telephone and mail for donations almost daily! The last straw was when they sent me some DVD Video and a nice little memorial coin, completely unsolicited and then asked for a $50 donation. I threw away the video and paperwork, but I kept the coin. About 1 month later they started harassing me for either the $50 or the Video back? I never asked for the video, and it wasn't my responsibility to return it, but they were pretty aggressive in their tone, so I vowed to never give them another cent the rest of my life, and I wouldn't advise anyone else to ever give them a cent either!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I thought Easter was next week?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Okay easter hasnt happened yet, so this story makes no sense. One thing for an atheist not to know this but for the angry (christian) lady is quite different.

And you cant be forced to resign, you either quit or get fired, no inbetween. And what does the nra have a call center for?

Geez so many holes in this story but lets all stop asking questions and get mad and drop our nra membership (which i dont have one in the first place).

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

edit on 3-4-2012 by Lord Jules because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
this is something i have never understood. does any one really, truly believe that if jesus were around today, he would own a gun? jesus rebuked peter when he cut the ear off the centurion with a sword. jesus did not like weapons or violence!

sorry for your husband's troubles. best of wishes to you!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Yeah, the fact that Easter hasn't even happened yet is raising a lot of red flags.
I wish the Op would come back and discuss these issues.

Maybe she's in a different dimension where Easter is a week early, atheists accept invites to lead prayers, and the NRA is able to detain someone in a room without using a firearm. Go figure! Maybe we don't need guns after all. A realm where just "old ladies" and prayer circles keeps everyone safe.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

peter when he cut the ear off the centurion with a sword

The above is cruel and unusual punishment. Shooting someone dead is called mercy.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Well, sounds like you need to file a law suit, because what they did was as illegal as it gets. They cannot force you to resign because of your beliefs and holding someone against their will is called kidnapping, and holding someone against their will until they sign a piece of paper is called extortion. Might also be a good time to go to the local news channel with the story. I'm pretty sure by the time you're done with them, someone will resign their position or be fired, and maybe more than one person. This was a huge violation of civil rights.

I pity those people if they call themselves christians and they act like that, because they are not giving an accurate representation of how we are to be as according to Christ's commandments. If they did claim christianity than i apologize to your husband, because he ran afoul of antichristian hypocrites.

I'd definately look into suing, that was just wrong.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
Okay easter hasnt happened yet, so this story makes no sense. One thing for an atheist not to know this but for the angry (christian) lady is quite different.

And you cant be forced to resign, you either quit or get fired, no inbetween. And what does the nra have a call center for?

Geez so many holes in this story but lets all stop asking questions and get mad and drop our nra membership (which i dont have one in the first place).

Good catch on Easter, as an atheist I don't follow religious holidays.

It does make the whole story feel fishy.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Gotta hand it to those atheists, they hate easter so much they are willing to time travel into the future to miss easter. Lol. Their fatal flaw, however, was time travelling into a classroom run by a nun and when asked what they did, thy certainly couldnt tell the truth, so they used the atheist excuse. No wonder this is in the gray area.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackthorne
this is something i have never understood. does any one really, truly believe that if jesus were around today, he would own a gun? jesus rebuked peter when he cut the ear off the centurion with a sword. jesus did not like weapons or violence!

sorry for your husband's troubles. best of wishes to you!

Jesus advocated that living by the sword you would die by the sword, this is another way of saying you reap what you sew. He is God in the flesh, violence did not matter to him, what was done to him happened because he allowed it to happen.

John 10:11-18 sums it up in regards to Christ's identity.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
everyone keeps giving the op a hard time about the easter business...if you do a little reading you'll see she answered this question at the bottom of the 1st page.

op, if everything happened as stated, then i'm truly sorry about your situation. i live in the bible belt & know how it is...i bite my tongue on a daily basis.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Doesn't improve my belief in may religious types, does change my view of the NRA. I am shocked.

Guess the wacko's are pushing their agenda everywhere. So much for a person's freedom of belief.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join