It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. investigates possible Internet threat to NYC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
[sarcasm=on]
Al-Qaeda dude: Lets do it muslim-bro's! Lets make the SHTF and blast it all to hell!
Al-Qaeda crowd: yeaaaah!!!!
Al-Qaeda dude: BTW: Tech team, don't forget to put that very creepy and nontheless suspicious image online, so everybody can see what we are going to do!

Al-Qaeda has a very organized forum with facebook button and a shopping cart for guns and packs of suicide bombers. Also a compromise to make every single step that take to be public and clear
[sarcasm=off]

Now, just let it be and go back to work. This is just a HOAX with a dubious sense of humor.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I want to know what that object is in the sky to the left. I guess it is the moon..but why does it look so odd?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
shouldn't this read..

"U.S. investigates possible Internet threat to NYC, Asks C.I.A. if Al Qaeda is in town."

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The sign laying on the ground appears to be a "Police Line Do Not Cross" sign built like the ones they use in NY. It is a one way street obviously, and has a Fire and Bus Lane as do many streets there.

Searching for the street this one is on and there are NUMEROUS pics of streets just like it, but none that I can find of this exact pic that is overlayed on the skyline.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

This is Surf Avenue in Coney Island...

Got it by looking up that Bratva Cafe

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Just some additional information:

Browne said the graphic appears to have been created on a Cinema 4 software, which typically costs about $1,600.

usnews.msnbc.msn.com...

“We’ve done an analysis. He’s not an American. We’re leaning toward (him being) an Egyptian, using Arabic, to create communications on this site,” Brown said.

www.theblaze.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lives
The unedited background image is found here:

hdw.eweb4.com...

It was the second result in google image search for "new york city at sunset."

I don't notice anything different in this original than the one in the OP.

Based on what data Photoshop can see in the edited version, it was done by CS5 Windows on Mar 31 2012 and edited on the 1st of April 2012. Also, it looks like there was a pdf created out of it.

Interesting enough don't you think? Hmmm.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
reply to post by Vasa Croe

This is Surf Avenue in Coney Island...

Got it by looking up that Bratva Cafe

Yep...just giving an example of the sign that is laying on the ground. It is like the Police barriers they use in NYC.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Originally posted by lives
The unedited background image is found here:

hdw.eweb4.com...

It was the second result in google image search for "new york city at sunset."

I don't notice anything different in this original than the one in the OP.

So then I was right?? "They" superimposed a street, which points directly at the new WTC building. Anybody else peep that?
edit on 2-4-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

That is in no way One World Trade! That building would be in the far off cluster of buildings just to the right of the Empire State. This is taken from mid town not lower Manhattan.

The two largeish buildings with large spires on them that the street is pointing at are the Bank of America Tower and Conde Nast building. The street is pointing to Times square if anything.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
And I could be mistaken, but that street either looks like Broadway or Church Street.....five lane one way with bus and fire lanes.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Why would anyone want the world to remember the fear of 9/11?
Who benefits from this?
Why are we so paranoid a fake photograph makes headline news?
Will history books ever discuss modern life honestly or will they just make it all up?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
reply to post by Britguy

thank you for calling Al-Qaeda INTL.. Due to our high call volume, it may take several minutes to get a representative on the line.. Para espanol, diga "espanol"..... How can we help you today? You can say anything from: "my vest won't go off", to, "where are we meeting next?", so, in a few words, tell me the reason for your call.

Literally laughed out loud - "my vest won't go off" -priceless.thanks M.m.i.m

Would love to sift through the T & C's of these supposed Alqaeda.com/net/org websites/forums
thats worthy of a thread in itself.
I could only dream that one of my compositions (I was a graphic designer for 16 years) getting so much attention and speculation as this one. sure there is symbolism in the piece, but I reckon only in retrospect. Its main source of power comes from history, and taps into a powerful subconscious well of fear and dread.
Personally speaking, IMHO Al-Qaeda (if they exist at all) couldn't light a fart in a sleeping bag on American soil without U.S intelligence being aware of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Personally speaking, IMHO Al-Qaeda (if they exist at all) couldn't light a fart in a sleeping bag on American soil without U.S intelligence being aware of it.

I would concur, even more so after 9/11, Al-Qaeda, or anyone these days for that matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Jules
Why would anyone want the world to remember the fear of 9/11?
Who benefits from this?
Why are we so paranoid a fake photograph makes headline news?
Will history books ever discuss modern life honestly or will they just make it all up?

In order,
(i) 9/11 was the defining moment of history of the first decade of the 21st century. It literally changed our world and wrote a chapter of history in our minds.
(ii) Those who write history
(iii) History resonates through time
(iv) History is written by the victors. All history is tainted, the winners propaganda becomes fact, the losers becomes mere ridiculed propaganda.

It is obviously a B.S mindf**k, real terrorism relies on the unexpected the outrageous and the unpredictable. therin lies its power. This is mere ghoulish capitilisation on human tragedy.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
...and now these supposed forums have been black for a week...go figure.

2nd

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Was found to be an Egyptian Student using Photoshop.
FAIL!
www.youtube.com...

edit on 8/4/2012 by corporation because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well the street is sloping down, maybe a hint at downtown? The board in the street looks like a police barricade as well. And then theres the three manholes on the left. Just some thoughts. And to add NYC is definitely not a flat city.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

real terrorism relies on the unexpected the outrageous and the unpredictable. therin lies its power.

This is true....however, maybe that would be a reason to do something TOTALLY unexpected.....like getting "in your face", having everyone think it's a joke, and brush it off....then strike and shock the hell out of them. Not saying this is real, but perhaps they are trying the "hiding in plain sight"tactic now?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

I truly hope this is just a belated April Fools prank. Although it seems U.S. authorities are not laughing and rightly so. This is the image that was posted (presumably).

Despite your take on 9/11, this event lays heavy in the hearts of many not just Americans. I wanted to present it to ATS to not only develop a civil discussion but to as well let other members dissect this picture for anything that hasn't as of yet been noticed, if anything at all other than the blunt message it contains.

www.chicagotribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4/2/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

If its from AlCida Why is the text in prefect English?? from what i can from the image it was made either the new edition of Photoshop 10 or some other editing image editor.

If anything the text should be in Arabic
I agree with UberL33t that was nothing more then a bad Aprils fools joke, a late one.
edit on 8-4-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join