It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. investigates possible Internet threat to NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Haha, yes indeed I did...Good spot, I missed it on my read through

Now, as an example of surprise not being a necessary part of terrorism, I shall point you to the IRA. By and large, when they targeted mainland UK, they gave a warning and location. They did this because it was more about making a statement and if the bomb did go off, it would only damage property. They still got their point across, I suppose. There are exceptions to this, but largely when people where killed it was down to either a faulty bomb going off early or the warning not being acted upon or in time.

This was of course back in the day when terrorism was just another crime and dealt with by the Police and security services as such..

Nowadays it's been sold as some big monster out to get us all while the erode civil liberties.. Thing is, they didn't have these powers 10, 20 or 30 years ago and still managed to foil plots and deal with the terrorists. And proper ones too, not these half-arsed Islamic ones that would find it hard going causing an explosion in a poorly guarded bomb factory...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Forgive my speculating theory, but this is ATS.

Indeed it is, and I have a small theory, albeit imaginative and probably created to support my own little feelings of safety and security, but a theory nonetheless. I think that ATS and websites similar to it, thwart certain events from taking place by speculative posting such as the one you just did.

Forum Poster: Said event may take place because of X, Y, and Z happening, seems to be plausible

Any Alphabet Agencies Reading said post: Okay guys scratch that plan, someone has caught on to us, back to the drawing board

Ehh, who knows, perhaps you just diverted a potential terrorist attack

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well it could be nothing but the sky seems weird to me, like the orange part of the sky looks like maybe an explosion in the distance? Maybe I'll look at a map to see what part of land is first in that direction it could be a hidden message
buuuut I tend to over analyze things

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
And why do they only pull off big things here like 911 supposedly. Why not do like they do to their own neighborhoods and blow places up?

Exactly... If these Islamics wanted to cause real chaos and be virtually unstoppable, a car bomb a day in a random city would be enough to have the whole country in chaos within a week.

But, like I said above, they are actually quite incompetent.. They spend years "planning" and "training", only to get caught.. I mean, the 7/7 bombers apparently trained and prepared for months if not years. Training? To blow yourself up? How much training do you need?

Give me £1000 in the morning and I will have you a car bomb by the evening.. No need for planning, training, warnings or even to be traceable. Now, I would never do such a thing, but it isn't that hard to cause chaos if you really want to, so to me these AQ types are just after some glory and the "big hit", but like we see in all the movies, the criminals after that "last big hit" never get it.. They always reach too far..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
IMO, AQ doesn't post this image unless they are past the point of no return and are sure an attack will be successful or for misdirection purposes.

link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by UberL33t

Anyone who claims that there was an element of surprise to 9/11 has missed a trick.

An Afghan warlord who fought against the Taliban warned the EU Parliament in early 2011 that they were planning a big attack on New York. If he knew, you can guarantee other's did.. Oddly enough, he was killed by an assassin on the 10th September, 2011....

Ahmed Shah Massoud was assasinated on 9 September, and did not know about an attack on New York. He did know, and warn, that AQ planned an attack on the USA "bigger than the 1988 embassy bombings" - but that's as specific as the info available gets.

link   
Has anyone ever provided any proof that Al-Queda has ever attacked New York?

Genuine question.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Ok, fair enough, nto specifically New York but he was aware of the plans.. I only picked up on that while reading about him some weeks ago. Seemed like quite a nice chap actually and Afghan would have been a much better place with him around.

Makes you wonder who bumped him off... Taliban? So they claim. Kharzai? Stood to gain. US? Knew too much?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Well not even aware of the plans - jsut of "an attack" - which was a pretty safe bet when you think about it.

Given that OBL released a tape of one of the suicide assassins after the event it seems like a pretty good pointer to him having ordered the killing.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I can't speak for anyone else, but the only proof I was given was what the honest and concise MSM provided to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by safetymeeting

Look to the left of the pic also, a little closer to the bottom...vaguely looks like a swastika...what's that about?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

It's not a damn album..

Interesting, while I agree and don't think they'd announce an attack. Take a look at it from this perspective. The picture itself screams "America" from the grab your attention Hollywoodesque font style, to the out and out previewesque nature of the message. "In a world..."

It airs on the side of complete confidence on the side of Al Queda, it could be argued that it was fashioned more or less as an insult to the American way. Hollywood is as American as Apple Pie, more so these days. Just an observation that I make anyhow.

No matter who devised how 9/11 occurred, one thing is assured, people were affected by it one way shape or form.
edit on 4/2/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

So the biggest threat to America is some (damn good) graphic designers?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Look to the left of the pic also, a little closer to the bottom...vaguely looks like a swastika...what's that about?

Two things that stand out to me thus far:

1) The guy walking on the sidewalk (bottom-ish right) appears to be looking at the superimposed banner, the fact he has a child walking with him seemingly oblivious to the banner seems rather ominous as well.

2) For whatever reason, the Moon (upper left) seems out of the ordinary in this picture as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I found the people on the right to be strange
as it appears they are leaving the city.
There is a board on the street with letters
or something on it but I can't make it out.
I suppose we could all look closely at this
image and see many things, some intentional
and some not.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Originally posted by timetothink

Two things that stand out to me thus far:

1) The guy walking on the sidewalk (bottom-ish right) appears to be looking at the superimposed banner, the fact he has a child walking with him seemingly oblivious to the banner seems rather ominous as well.

2) For whatever reason, the Moon (upper left) seems out of the ordinary in this picture as well.

On the moon: yo does alQ control nibiru? because that looks like the earth, not the moon.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

To bring light to a different topic, yes, ad campaigns and those that design them could be considered terrorists on some level, low ranking, but a part of the faction nonetheless.

That is, if you believe that America is being run by Big Corp/Pharma/Agri.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
just pointing this out..

the super imposed street, on which the man and his child are walking, is point directly at the half built world trade center..

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Agreed, pareidolia can wreak havoc on our mind's eye with pictures like this.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

The sign you mention is cut off, it looks to be a wooden barrier that is laying down and says "DO NOT CROSS". if my eyes serve me correctly, all that is visible is the half of the "O" and the "T" in "NOT" and then the word "CROSS".

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The font and style looks very similar to the tv show "fringe". Maybe it's some sort of viral marketing campaign?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join