It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an abductee attempted to video an abduction?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Karla Turner. Thank you.
The assist is appreciated.

Though I disagree in any conviction that aliens are indeed real, I will agree that something, whatever that something is, is going on. Karla Turner was one such person attempting to explore what this something is, and from what I understand, chose not to ignore the more malevolent seeming side to stories and accounts.

As I also understand it, she was an experiencer/abductee herself, and claimed suffering as a result which allegedly lead directly to her death.

I frame that as an example to contrast the statement of no harm intended/for own good.

If I'm in error regarding my recollection, her legitimacy, or statements, I'll be happy for any enlightenment., though I may attempt to debate it in giving some resistance.

edit on 5-4-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
One more thing, you're assuming it's abuse. This is not the case with most 'abductions'.

Therefore "some" are abuse then? So the assumption is correct according to you... If this is really the case then how do you work out the difference between a 'trip to the vet' type of abduction & abuse? Enlighten me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I understood she died from cancer.

Just like Phil Schneider died from suicide.
And John Mack died from a drunk driver
And Dorothy Kilgallen died from an over dose.
And Marilyn Monroe was the same
And Bill Cooper died............
oh well, you get my drift.
Who knows!
What's 'official' and what's real are usually two different paradigms.

But interestingly enough, the all had ties to aliens beliefs and their deaths are all suspicious to say the least.

It's hard to say whose dying of what anymore seeing there are so many toxins in our every day life.

I had my 'experience' and was stricken with an autoimmune disease that same year.
So who knows.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
All due respect but many seem to be missing my point--- if people are really being taken by an unknown force & it's true when they say one cannot stop it 'while' it's happening; I'm suggesting attempt to stop it 'before' it happens... There must be something an alleged abductee can do. Has anyone attempted it? If so, how? Did it work or not?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX

One more thing, you're assuming it's abuse. This is not the case with most 'abductions'.

Therefore "some" are abuse then? So the assumption is correct according to you... If this is really the case then how do you work out the difference between a 'trip to the vet' type of abduction & abuse? Enlighten me.

Maybe it's all a matter of prospective, experience, remembrance and primitive reaction I guess.

Some dogs LOVE going to the vet.
Many, hate it.

How can you 'poll' those dogs and ask them why they love getting into their kennels and driving to the vet?
You can't.

Same with experiencers perhaps.

It's probably just not for us to know right now.
I find it to be a waste of time figuring out the nuisances when we haven't even figured out the issues.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I had my 'experience' and was stricken with an autoimmune disease that same year.

so you were abused then

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

All due respect but many seem to be missing my point--- if people are really being taken by an unknown force & it's true when they say one cannot stop it 'while' it's happening; I'm suggesting attempt to stop it 'before' it happens... There must be something an alleged abductee can do. Has anyone attempted it? If so, how? Did it work or not?

Why?
Who cares?
Why stop it?
How can we stop it anyway?
Whose it hurting? Our ego for not knowing the answers? (this is not directed at you per se. Rather in general
)

It's like preparing for a dream.
Sure you can maybe drink a glass of milk and MAYBE it'll prevent a nightmare but why interfere with the flow of things? Because we don't understand it and we want to better control it?

This is why they don't make their presence known on a wide scale.
We automatically defend rather than embrace.
It's our primitive nature. And by the looks of things, we have a long ways to go!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dejarmaX

Evidently, according to some anecdotes, having dogs is an effective deterrent.

As you can see, however, I'm more a proponent for concerted scientific research into this phenomenon to understand what this something is that seems to be going on.

Gaining further understanding of whatever this something is, on all fronts, psychological, or extraterrestrial could also give us some insight into how to more effectively prevent unwanted episodes whether those episodes be purely psychological, or indeed physical abductions.

Human_Alien, thank you for the clarification. Indeed, cancer is cancer and does happen, sadly enough, regardless of association with this phenomenon. It was my understanding that Karla Turner made claims that her diagnosis was a result of her experiences.
As you say, and I'll agree, this is circumstantial.

On the other hand, where personalities such as Turner have such a strong opinion regarding supposed abuses and active deception, what have you to say about this?
If these supposed physical experiences are real experiences would it then be also probable that there are several differing agents or cultures represented in the phenomenon where some, as you state, aren't intentionally malevolent, while others may very well have more insidious designs?

Granted as well, there is the element of people who are just simply mentally ill.

Whatever the case, i'd certainly like to know what indeed is occurring.
It'd certainly be nice, if indeed aliens are real as you claim, if one or some would be nice enough to stop by for a cup of tea to have a chat with myself, and/or other interested parties, individually, or at a scheduled conference, even if 'they', for their own comfort and self security were to suddenly zap/abduct me for said friendly exchange.

edit on 5-4-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

so you were abused then

I have no idea!
I can maybe look at it that way or...it's the price I paid for getting me to ...............here!

All I know, if I didn't have that experience, I'd be another regular sheep in the herd.

I am glad I can go outside my comfort zone (and programming) and KNOW there's something bigger besides what we were taught or led to believe.

I also realize after 15 years, I can't figure it out. But it's okay now. I at least had an experience to bring me to this level. It's not that I understand any better now..... but at least I now know there's more to understand.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Whose it hurting?
Well, according to most who claim abduction it's an awful frightening & painful experience! Are they lying? I don't know, I haven't been abducted, YET

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

All I know, if I didn't have that experience, I'd be another regular sheep in the herd.

meaning what?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Edit: earlier in describing fetus removal I cited removal accounts occurring at third trimester, where 'third' is a typo.
I cannot edit that post directly now, so, I'm adding this update/Edit.

Accounts, as I understand it, report fetus removal in forcefully impregnated women around the end of First trimester, or during early second.

Apologies if there's been any confusion on that.

Many will ascribe these pregnancies/sudden non-pregnancies, to simple miscarriage, usually in attribution to the young ages of the girls/women involved.

This may indeed be the case, but, as suggested earlier, having subjects on hand in a controlled, safe, live-in, monitored environment could give us information on this front, especially where a child, or children are brought to full term and birth successfully with all in good health, unharmed.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Edit: earlier in describing fetus removal I cited removal accounts occurring at third trimester, where 'third' is a typo.
I cannot edit that post directly now, so, I'm adding this update/Edit.

Accounts, as I understand it, report fetus removal in forcefully impregnated women around the end of First trimester, or during early second.

Apologies if there's been any confusion on that.

Many will ascribe these pregnancies/sudden non-pregnancies, to simple miscarriage, usually in attribution to the young ages of the girls/women involved.

This may indeed be the case, but, as suggested earlier, having subjects on hand in a controlled, safe, live-in, monitored environment could give us information on this front, especially where a child, or children are brought to full term and birth successfully with all in good health, unharmed.

Where are any of these "reports" you keep mentioning?

I keep hearing about mythical reports of all kinds but never see any produced.

Bold claims to the number of "victims" and yet no proof back up the claims.

I still crack up at the thought of people believing that someone getting out of bed and turning off the camera right before an " abduction" and accepting the excuse that the ET made them do it.

As I recall however that was also documented in the " reports" that don't exist.

Even more amusing is reading posts from people recollect about past abduction cases and certain details straight out of a tv show or movie. Maybe they are also in the " reports"

I would love to see any documentation on any of the claims made in this thread.

An X-Files dvd does not count.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

TheOven, while your own attempt at objectivity is appreciated in spirit, you're attacking the wrong person.

I'm not a believer.
I'm a proponent for studying what this phenomenon is, whether it's on whole the result of psychological issues, or something more complex.

You can choose to be ignorant and self entitled where you expect me or anyone else to spoon feed you all the data on the topic every step of the way, or, you can go out and conduct as much research under whatever bias objective you prefer, or even choose to attempt to frame your study in as unbiased a manner as possible.

It's up to you. Contributing something positive to the conversation would be helpful.
for sources, you can start by going to the Aliens/UFOs forum topic root and then start browsing through the sticky threads.
When you've exhausted all the well known cases, you can then narrow your study down to the cases buried in the database that can be found by simply using the very convenient search function.

I'm not your mommy. I'm sure you can figure out a way to deny your ignorance on this subject matter if you actually did something about it as opposed to expecting me or someone else to do the work for you.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOven

TheOven, while your own attempt at objectivity is appreciated in spirit, you're attacking the wrong person.

I'm not a believer.
I'm a proponent for studying what this phenomenon is, whether it's on whole the result of psychological issues, or something more complex.

You can choose to be ignorant and self entitled where you expect me or anyone else to spoon feed you all the data on the topic every step of the way, or, you can go out and conduct as much research under whatever bias objective you prefer, or even choose to attempt to frame your study in as unbiased a manner as possible.

It's up to you. Contributing something positive to the conversation would be helpful.
for sources, you can start by going to the Aliens/UFOs forum topic root and then start browsing through the sticky threads.
When you've exhausted all the well known cases, you can then narrow your study down to the cases buried in the database that can be found by simply using the very convenient search function.

I'm not your mommy. I'm sure you can figure out a way to deny your ignorance on this subject matter if you actually did something about it as opposed to expecting me or someone else to do the work for you.

Thank you for proving my point.

There is never any reports actually shown because they don't exist.

I don't have to provide incormation, I am not the one making claims.

You talk numbers of occurrences.
You cite specific cases.
You claim them as truth.

You provide no proof for any of it.

You provide hearsay and expect me to disprove it.

There are no reports because it is all bs.

The OP was talking about video.

That's a laugh when people can't even provide any type of documentation to back up even the simplest of claims made by abduction believers.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

Alien Abduction Case Files

Alien Abduction reports

I expect you to read every case file listed now.

Further, if you missed it before, as I said before, I'm NOT a believer.

As it concerns the believers though, investigating this phenomenon in full observation of scientific method, would give us data to indicate causes for whatever is causing this phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

reply to post by TheOven

Alien Abduction Case Files

Alien Abduction reports

I expect you to read every case file listed now.

Further, if you missed it before, as I said before, I'm NOT a believer.

As it concerns the believers though, investigating this phenomenon in full observation of scientific method, would give us data to indicate causes for whatever is causing this phenomenon.

Those are some very credible links you provided.
Although I don't consider some third rate grey area message board as a source of reliable information.

The other link was very informative.
It lists 41 notable cases.

en.wikipedia.org...

Lists 11 notable cases.

I had no idea it was even that few.
Even fewer happen in peoples bedrooms.

What a joke.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

I see quite readily now that you're trolling.
How original. *yawn*
Good luck with that.

There can be 10 or 10,000 cases and they can all be delusional ravings as far as I care. What interests me is that the cases exist at all, and as stated feel they merit proper investigation as to their causation, whatever that causation may be, whether singular or complex.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

reply to post by TheOven

I see quite readily now that you're trolling.
How original. *yawn*
Good luck with that.

There can be 10 or 10,000 cases and they can all be delusional ravings as far as I care. What interests me is that the cases exist at all, and as stated feel they merit proper investigation as to their causation, whatever that causation may be, whether singular or complex.

Yes I am trolling because you could barely provide 40 credible cases.

A random internet forum is not a credible case file repository.

But hey good luck with all your facts.

People like you prove my point for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join