It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has an abductee attempted to video an abduction?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'll be honest: if I were being taken against my will, I'd do everything in my power to stop it! If abductions are real then surely it's up to those involved to help us all out by at least trying to prove it, somehow, as a move towards stopping this painful experience (by all accounts) if nothing else... If this is really happening then the world needs to know-- & IMO it's up to those experiencing this abuse to do something about it! I would ... I'd put everything into it if I honestly felt this was really happening to me or a loved one!

Peace.

dej...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX

I'll be honest: if I were being taken against my will, I'd do everything in my power to stop it! If abductions are real then surely it's up to those involved to help us all out by at least trying to prove it, somehow, as a move towards stopping this painful experience (by all accounts) if nothing else... If this is really happening then the world needs to know-- & IMO it's up to those experiencing this abuse to do something about it! I would ... I'd put everything into it if I honestly felt this was really happening to me or a loved one!

According to the literature about alien abduction, yes abductees have tried to video tape themselves at night in order to prevent, or capture on film, an abduction. But invariably, something happens to prevent the camera from capturing the event. Jacobs (I believe) in his book Secret Life relates an anecdote in which an abductee had a camera on them as they slept, but would get out of bed and turn it off just before an abduction would happen. Jacobs attributes this to psychic commands from the aliens. I am a bit more doubtful.

If you look on YouTube, there are videos claiming to show abductions. The videos are underwhelming and show nothing unimpeachable.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

hmmm, I'm no Einstein-- far from it (I've probably even spilled his name wrong, that's how thick I am) but if this were the case then surely the next logical step would be: get someone to tie me to the bed/ set the camera to record & see what happens... I wonder if someone has done that? Or maybe they are as thick as me-- who knows? I don't, that's for sure...

dej...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

But invariably, something happens to prevent the camera from capturing the event.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Yep strange is it not? So I would set up 4-5-10 cameras in strategic places.... If all these perfectly normal working cameras ALL stopped recording/ played back as distortion as depicted in your reply/ or all showed the same anomaly, then is this not in it's self something that could be classed as strange? Something real & tangible to look into? I don't know--- maybe it's just me...

Peace.

dej...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dejarmaX

I dont know if it is real or not. probably not. But i saw a video once that was of a surveillance camera who recorded an employee walking out of the store and it shows a bright flash of light, then hours later the same employee is on his hands and knees crawling back to the store and throws up. Like i said i dont know if it is real but if anyone knows tell me because i would really like to know if it has been proven a hoax.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

In answer to your question, evidently yes.
As described before, abductees supposedly will either get up and turn off the camera themselves before an abduction event occurs as if they're being remote controlled, or, get up, and walk to another room, or even outside. where there is no coverage.

Another problem reported is power loss.

Developing methodologies to successfully record an event would require the subject under monitoring not be aware of the cameras, or of the camera locations, though to have such a set-up, and do so ethically, the subject would need to voluntarily agree to allowing monitoring at all times, any time any where.

Deception and misdirection would need come into play since, according to anecdotal evidence the abduction subject is their own worst enemy such that anything they know can be used to foil attempts at successfully capturing an abduction event.

Setting up dummy cameras for a subject to interact with and turn 'off' would be one method to explore where the dummy camera has another camera inside it, that can't be turned off, even though the subject thinks it's been turned off.

Full coverage, inside and outside of the subject's residence would also be key, but without knowledge of subject. Thus, subject has nowhere to run or hide, but such can be covered in consent agreements before hand.

GPS monitoring could also provide data. If subject wears a GPS monitoring device 24/7, but due to concerns over the mind control issue doesn't know it's a GPS monitoring device, and an abduction event takes place, then, should data from GPS monitoring show subject travelling at 35,000mph to disappear into the side of a mountain somewhere, that data could very well be interesting.
Further, if GPS monitoring over the course of several abduction events point to similar or same locations subject may being taken to, then, such locations become points of interest for investigation.

Disappeared into the side of a mountain? Who owns that property? Is it a Deep Underground Military Base? Is that location easy to get to with an expedition of investigators? Would it be feasible to set up monitoring equipment around the mountain to potentially capture the comings and goings of abduction craft?

Proper investigation of the physical side of abduction phenomenon has yet to be done properly with any persistence, especially in standing of observation of scientific methodology.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If aliens came to abduct then they're not going to be fooled or caught by a camera. Have to give them more credit if they could cross the vastness of space with ease. There would be nothing humanly possible to stop them. If they want you, they will get you and do it anonymously.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think another issue is that abductions are hard to pin point. Abductees, the ones that remember something, while consistently are taken multiple times, they never seem to know when it will happen. It would be quite a bit of work to have a camera running ALL the time, and be able to analyze the footage as well. Also abductions frequently happen away from home, could be driving down a dark road and end up pulling off somewhere. Aliens, if real, and I think this abduction phenomenon is very real, are not only crafty, but advanced in terms of technology and mind control. It would be very difficult to get any of this type of experience on record, but a quick youtube search will turn up some things. Up to you if you believe it.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

reply to post by UberL33t

Yep strange is it not? So I would set up 4-5-10 cameras in strategic places.... If all these perfectly normal working cameras ALL stopped recording/ played back as distortion as depicted in your reply/ or all showed the same anomaly, then is this not in it's self something that could be classed as strange? Something real & tangible to look into? I don't know--- maybe it's just me...

Peace.

dej...

You've got a good point, but it is suggested that UFOs are surrounded by an electromagnetic field that can often disrupt human electronics and machines in the area.

Planes often have trouble with on-board systems and cars stall sometimes. It could be this effect, or it could be that the abductees are just lying. Either is possible....
edit on 2-4-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: added word

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Here's a video I think you'll find interesting: www.cosmic-conspiracies.com...
Scroll about 2/3 of the way down and watch the video--then let me know what you think. I for one think it's real, but of course, like everything else on this forum, that is for you to decide.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MoreThanTheSum

I've seen this vid on youtube before and it's definitely interesting, especially since it's cctv footage which makes it hard, but definitely not impossible to fake. All I know is it definitely creeped me out lol the thought of dissolving into my mattress or couch in the middle of the night only to wake up surrounded by what I like to call "intergalactic creeps" is a scary thought indeed. Why do I call them intergalactic creeps? Simple, some of the stuff that they allegedly do is so creepy that it's almost funny. There's a great drawing in David Jacobs first abduction book "Secret Life" of an alien inspecting some guys junk and he's got the bag supported in his hand and he's lifting it up, it's hilarious and creepy at the same time. They're so interested in sexual function which is strange because we all work the same within our specific genders, so why spend 40 years inspecting ball bags? I don't personally believe abduction to be psychological but I do find it really interesting that a lot of abductees have some instances of childhood or adult sexual abuse. Just food for thought. I'll try to find that picture, I'm pretty sure it was in Jacobs "Secret Life"

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muadib420

I admit I giggled when I read your post about aliens molesting guys by handling their scrotum. Pedophile aliens!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Peace.

dej...

If you were being taken against your will then the fight is over! Once you are not in control, physically and mentally, then there is no more power. Don't you know that tales of alleged alien abductions claim that they go through walls, etc.? That means that it's not really happening in the physical world because such is impossible. If it's not happening in the physical world then it must be happening in the mental world. Ergo, wake up, you're having a nightmare!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
dej...

If you were being taken against your will then the fight is over! Once you are not in control, physically and mentally, then there is no more power. Don't you know that tales of alleged alien abductions claim that they go through walls, etc.? That means that it's not really happening in the physical world because such is impossible. If it's not happening in the physical world then it must be happening in the mental world. Ergo, wake up, you're having a nightmare!

Actually you're completely and utterly wrong about things not being able to go through walls in the real physical world, we've already succeeded in quantum teleportation experiments over a distance of 10 miles.Granted right now we're just teleporting information however, Michio Kaku has predicted that within the next ten years we'll be teleporting molecules from one place to another on a regular basis with no problem. So if we can do it, then a group of aliens that may be hundreds or thousands or millions of years ahead of us should have no problem teleporting people through walls. Anyway nothing in this world is truly solid, it's all just atoms vibrating at different frequencies so really solidity is the illusion and one day I believe we will figure out how to take advantage of that. Aliens, if they exist, (no dough eyed true believer here) would most likely have mastered this procedure a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This one I found recently after researching my own experiences of bright flashes of light. You may have seen this already ...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Why is it most every time I spill my speal about the development of methodologies through persistence with trial and error, it always seems to be met with "it can't be done", "'they' are too advanced", "aliens won't fall for that"?

This is bothersome. It's defeatist.
Has anyone considered the aspect of the equation that the fact people are reporting abduction events (if these are real physical events) is evidence, if only circumstantial, that these aliens (if there are such a thing) have already made mistakes?

If there are aliens and they're doing everything in their power to cover up their activities, they've done a really sloppy job.
People remember.
They sport scars.
They claim implants.
Many suffer from varieties of unexplained illnesses and some have even been claimed to have died from the effects of these supposed mystery illnesses.

If there are aliens, and they're trying to be sneaky, they're doing a really sloppy job of it.

Sloppy = chances for us to exploit said sloppiness.

All we require is persistence, and just a little bit of ingenuity.
Try, try, try, and try again, and then keep on trying.
All we need is just ONE win while we're trying, to collect good data.
If aliens are real, then they need to win every single time, and from the very fact that we even know/suspect something is going on, such demonstrates a sloppiness, failure, or inability to do better.

If they can't do any better at being sneaky, then, it really shouldn't be too gawdawful a task to trip that nonsense up with persistent inquiry.

Still, all I seem to ever hear is laziness, defeatism, talk that seems more like pomp-poms for the aliens than anything constructive towards designing methodologies or alternatives for finding definitive answers to this question.

Sure, if 100 abductees are monitored and it turns out all 100 of them are simply mental cases, then data would support the psych paradigm. That does not, however mean the study should stop there. monitor 100 more, and/or continue monitoring the previous 100.
Is the shrinky dink head case aspect a result of the abductions, or are the abductions a 'result' of the shrinky dink head case aspect?

Vet candidates for monitoring based on historical reporting demographics and frequencies of physical abduction cases.

Young women, according to some reports, for instance, seem to be prime candidates for forced rape and impregnation where a later abduction then forcibly removes the forced impregnation fetus around the 1st trimester.

Waiting around to catch aliens on video might not be the best approach when you could sponsor protective custody in a controlled access facility with the best of health care for young women claiming to have been forcibly impregnated by aliens.
Sure, there will be nut cases, but, bring an alien human hybrid to term, and out pops some kid with wrap around black eyeballs then you've got a definite hmmmm. If kid pops out and all hair and blood samples (taken without harm to child regardless of appearance) test normal human, then, you've got another other hmmmm.

Thus there, you've got TWO options to approach this question. camera trap active abductees, and protect the women claiming forced alien impregnation from being abducted 'again' for a chance to look see at what comes out the other end of the 9 months (responsibly and ethically).

If you're going to say it can't be done, or some other defeatist phraseology, keep it to yourself. It's been said before all too often. contribute a solution; something better, or another other alternative that can bring about definitive 'proof' better than these.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here too. If the can effect electronic devices, then we go old school and use older mechanical cameras both still and motion and see if the can cause them to malfunction.

Ask if anyone wants more information, I am a bit of an antique camera buff.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Wolfie0827 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix
You make many good points through out this thread.
We know something is going on. If they can't totally hide the abduction then they can be caught.
A simple analogy:
If you have a dog that is kept in a pen, and it escapes everyday when you are at work, then reenters the pen before you get home, you have no idea the dog can get out and you're clueless about the event. If the little begger is waiting at the front door when you arrive home, you have a pretty good indication that he has escaped, and you can take measures to prevent it happening again. Humans aren't as dumb as some people, dogs, and obviously aliens think.
I also agree with the above post in which was suggested that older, mechanical cameras be used but that would mean someone manning the cameras during the entire observation, right? correct me if I'm wrong.
TXML

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I've read many times about people trying to capture the event but it has been fruitless for whatever reasons.

I was going to bring up the tape (that another user posted on this thread)...that's about as close as I think we will get. Even then-it looks like they EMP'ed the area hence-why the camera abruptly goes out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join