It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horror Movies Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
DEMONS 2 was/is the scariest movie I remember watching as a child..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There's a ton out there and I'm not able to remain in the time frame required, so here's my favorites:
Rob Zombie's Halloween
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Freaks (193?)
Alien (all)
The Shining
It
Old Boy
The Skin I Live In (psychologically disturbing)
High Tension
Hostel
Amityville Horror (original)
Psycho (of course)

Anything directed by Hitchcock or starring Vincent Price
(I could go on and on, so I'll stop here.)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Silent Hill was an good movie for game movie standards, but still kinda underwhelming. Hills Have Eyes was kinda wtf, not very scary though.

I just saw Martyrs last night. Man o man. I think that's the most #ed up and scary movie I've seen in a long time.

If you're going to watch it, I dare you to be completely alone, and shut off all the lights ^^ Oh, and for gods sake do not watch the dubbed version, it's horrible. Watch it in its original language, with subtitles.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Paranormal Activity 1 for me was the most shocking content, even there are no monsters the story will chill your bones. And also Japanesse horror movies rocks.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Did anyone mention the movie "Pin" ?? I still don't know what the hell to think of that one
it's definitely a psychological one. One of those "Netflix gems" I caught one night while I was bored... holy wow!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Here's a few that should be avoided. IMO

Camp Hell,: I like Jessie Eisenberg, he is on the front cover alone and also named on the cover. He spends 10 mins on screen. Overly Christian tones and a generally bad story about demon/s brought upon a preist working at this bible camp for his sins.

The Tapes,: A british movie about a satanist cult, three teens do the "Home video style" documentary. Slow, boring and also (after watching the "Why did you make this crap" features I learn he (director) needs money for his next film so he spend a very samll budget on this. The listed run length on box is not what the actual film runs for, it's only 85 mins but the box says something like 120mins.

The Bunnyman Massacre,: Texas Chainsaw ripoff except the leather face type character wears a buuny outfit.
Some nice gory bits but nothing you can't get from the original TCM.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Ive seen so many-practically the only flix i watch are horrors.Just off the top of my head,my faves from recent years:28 Days/Weeks Later (scared the crap outa me)....and very entertaining:The Unborn, Drag me to Hell, The Grudge, Mirrors(with Kiefer Sutherland) Case 39, The Descent and definitely Jeepers Creepers(the first is really good,the sequel is quite lame). To me horrors have to have an actual supernatural/demonic/"monster" element,it seems a lot of people will call a movie a "horror" when its actually a thriller.Example the Saw flix,and Hostel 1+2-these flix are about evil, horrible events,but only has humans as the monsters,no supernatural element,i would call those thrillers. Oh and The Thing,the older one with Kurt Russel was serious creepy,i have to mention that one.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Last night I watched Zombie Attack - Museum of the Dead.

It's like Night at the Museum, for Zombie lovers... well... kind of. From the Producer of 'Creepshow'. One night a year, a museum opens it's doors to exhibit a collection of cursed artifacts... But something hideous is roaming these halls, feating on the flesh of the innocent. A cannabalistic horror is alive! The hunger is spreading. And the only escape is through the hordes of the damned!

It was hilariously #, but it did have a cannibal Mayan in it and a blonde chick in a bunny girl outfit.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

You just reminded me about two of my favorites.
Fallen and Se7en.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I've seen The House of the Devil and The Inkeepers (by the same director). Both were very suspenseful with a good atmosphere. But the ending in both were pretty disappointing. But try finding a horror with a great ending, it's pretty much never going to happen

Next movie is The Last House on the Left, I'll report back on it tomorrow ^^
edit on 16-4-2012 by ZikhaN because: accidentally wrote first house on the left

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Umm yea, it was ok. Nothing amazing though. Good acting, slightly suspensful, but a pretty disappointing ending.

I currently have The Abscent, The Silent House, and Kidnapped on my list, will report back on it (:

I heard Kidnapped is pretty brutal. Worse than Martyrs even. Maybe not as good, but definitely more brutal.
edit on 25-4-2012 by ZikhaN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The Human Centipede

*ducks and covers*

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Never seem to be able to make it past the first 15 minutes of that film.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I just watched "Grave Encounters" it's pretty good.

It's about a reality TV ghost hunting show. The crew spend the night in an old abandoned insane asylum (I think the building they shot in really was an insane asylum which really added to the tone).

It's starts pretty slow but in the last 45mins it really picks up.

Nothing like it's similar by the name of "Episode 50" which was terrible.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
28 Days Later (2002)
Saw (2004)
The Sixth Sense (1999)
The Ring (2002)

I personally enjoy both serious and comedic horror movies, old school, new school, you name it.

One of my guilty pleasures is the Pirahna 3D movie and Shark Night, both of which pay homage to those 80's creature horror flicks. Lots of gore, some gratuitous T&A, and some comedy thrown in make a perfect mix in my book.
You could add Lake Placid in this category....

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I cant make it past the trailer, i was disturbed for two days.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
My fav is "House of 1000 corpses" It's really out there...

Watch it while your enhanced.

It's awesome.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

I've heard about that one before, maybe it's worth a look. Is it available on YT by any chance ? ^^

reply to post by Gazrok

Those are good picks. But they're pretty mainstream nowadays, most ppl will have already seen them. Including myself (:

reply to post by hudsonhawk69

lol @ the "while you're enhanced" part. I know exactly what ya mean, brother xD Problem is, I watched it while not enhanced, and very much did not find it to my taste =/ It's just too action-y, weird, and all over the place.

But thanks nonetheless for the heads up. I have yet to watch the movies I last mentioned, will report back soon xD

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ZikhaN

I have to agree with a couple of those picks. House of a 1000 Corpses is really out there. The Hills Have Eyes 2006? Pretty damn good. Scary is hard these days. What do we have to be scared of anymore? Gotta go with "interesting". In that vein I would like to add: The People Under the Stairs.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join