It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propranolol: The Drug That Everyone Will Be On.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I've been on it for a year for headaches also. I can honestly tell you it doesn't help with my opinion of anyone. I still hate people in general, despite their paint jobs.

My headaches are under control for the most part. I have to get injections in my skull for the other ones.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I work on a telemetry cardiac unit, and this is a common but not overly common drug. I live in the Carolinas, where racism still runs deep.....It is a beta blocker, that is its main function, just like metaprolol or coreg, It helps control the heart rate and blood pressure for people with resistant BP or high pulses. It is often used in conjunction with other meds like cardizem or digoxin for people with low ejection fractions, afib etc... which are diagnosed through echo cardiograms and EKGs....I seriously doubt any claim in which the OP is trying to convey or theorize.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have been on beta blockers since 1999 and I still hate you all
so I call shenanigans. All a B/B does is make you very slightly more calm. No mind fark no emotional blanketing, just a bit more calm. I can and still do get angry, sad ,happy all of the spectrum of emotions. Just my heart does not ramp up during intense emotion to a dangerous level. This is a BS story unless having lower BP puts the brakes on racism

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Inderal? As an anti Racism Drug? It's a blood pressure medication that's almost older than dirt and has been used for years and years.....How that translates to chemical castration and curing racism is way over my head, sorry OP I can't flag something that is this far out in left field...

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Too far out in left field? to suggest that that the pharm industry is illegitimate? and not up to terrible evil? just pop another pill friend, and sit back and watch your favorite tv shows
edit on 2-4-2012 by cointelprotroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Honestly, I chuckled when I read and re-red your post. I re-read it, because I wanted to make sure I had it right and was not missing anything. My grandma takes this drug and just began taking it last year, after the doctor took her off Norvasc. I can testify that she is still the same old granny that is known to crack an off color joke from time to time. However, I get the feeling from your post that you would be against an "anti-racism" drug, of sorts? Your choice, of course... but I seriously don't think Inderal is that drug. I personally would be all for something put in the water supply to end this ridiculous notion of racism once and for all. It's a sickening and vile human behavior.
edit on 2-4-2012 by HoppedUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A drug to cure racism? How about a drug to cure stupidity? Keep in mind being ignorant is not knowing any better, but stupidity is knowing better, but doing something anyway. Racism is stupid, because people know better, but have their biases anyway. Drinking and driving is stupid, texting and driving, etc. The other side of the coin is that if people were not constantly doing stupid things, there would be no market for repairmen, customer service, or even many forms of medicine. Kind of kills itself, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

. I personally would be all for something put in the water supply to end this ridiculous notion of racism once and for all. It's a sickening and vile human behavior.
reply to post by HoppedUp

Don't worry, your water coming out of the tap is loaded with mind altering chemicals!

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You make one helluva a lot of sense there, it's an excellent theory. I've talked to a lot of my friends in the military and intelligence community, they would never fire on their own people. The comment that always came back was "I wouldn't want other personal firing on my firends and family, so I wouldn't fire on theirs and hope they operate the same." I was thinking the PTB might bring in UN controlled troops from other countries in a marshall law scenario, but the method you talk about carries some weight. Let's hope the PTB allready thought of it, otherwise, the cats out of the bag now. S&F for you!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xterrain

Bet they will add this to our food and water soon..
This scares the living crap out of me as well.

This world has enough zombies as it already is and this drug will basically turn people into mindless zombies.
edit on 2-4-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This could help the religious people by giving them time to accept their god doesnt exist and there is no afterlife.

Might be a simple way to prevent mass suicide when the world wakes up to the infinite nature of reality.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Bet they will add this to our food and water soon..
This scares the living crap out of me as well.

This world has enough zombies as it already is and this drug will basically turn people into mindless zombies.
edit on 2-4-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

Christ on a crutch! this place has become a haven of chicken little Bull Crap! Did you not read the posts about folks who use this for blood pressure? Are we Zombies? does my post seem like I can not be angry? Beer and TV are more potent mind control drugs obviously from the level this place has fallen to to please the advertisers.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So is Picrotoxin Procaine, the new coc aine or what? I don't know why people(humans) bother using these drugs that are mostly tested on animals only. If animals become addicted, and chemically dependent on these then so will humans. The withdrawals effects of this stuff is just as bad as anything else on the market.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cointelprotroll

. I personally would be all for something put in the water supply to end this ridiculous notion of racism once and for all. It's a sickening and vile human behavior.
reply to post by HoppedUp

Don't worry, your water coming out of the tap is loaded with mind altering chemicals!

I have nothing against a substance that would cause no harm, but would benefit humanity by ending senseless behaviors.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
uh, this is one of the more out there threads I have read. I have taken Propranolol to treat high blood pressure and honestly, it didn't calm me, change my emotions or anything beyond bringing down my blood pressure(and keeping the high blood pressure headaches away) I was stressed and my blood pressure through the roof from a death in the family. I have also been on Toprol when I had sever hyperthryoidism. Now that did help calm me, probably due to the physical effects as it helped to lower my FT3.

Wasn't a racist before, wasn't one during or after either. I have always been high strung. Regardless.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud
It seems evident that the public is being heavily sedated.
Firstly theres the fluroide that attacks the pinead gland, ritalin that makes hyperactive children (that is children who aren't glued to the televison) motionless, talks of a drug to cure road rage (pretty much sedation through becoming more placid), antidepressants that I only agree with in the worst of cases and dont allow people to deal with their emotional issues and cause them to stagnate AND sometimes even make suicide more likely and now propranolol.

There is something in common with these drugs, the suppression of emotion.
How malliable will the public become when they are absolutely apathetic to the injustice around them? We already have it in mass media when you are liked you are "cool" (cold) or "ill" (sick) "mad" (crazy).
Without emotion, we can be contorted into any form the higher ups wish. The most worrying thing about this however as the OP mentioned that this most definately will be directed to the soilders who are already on a mass amount of medications.

Wow thanks for jumping into my brain and making a comment on it, this is how an what i was thinking, no one knows how to deal with emotions period. Which pretty scary, to me it is normal to be depressed, anxious, sad, and to have memories. You have these drugs in your system and I think it messes with you, more than most people think. I used to anxiety, and depression meds, but they never helped me at all, ever. I stopped taking them and I have learned how to deal with my emotions, and learned how to control them.

Then you have the media, and all these commerical saying there is a drug here and there to cure all of your ales, and pretty soon you are no longer human. to me being human is being racist, and having the emotions that we are supposed to have and learning how to overcome them ourselves. I think by suppressing all of these emotions, and feelings we have, instead of trying to deal with them, we have come to rely on the medication way too much, and now we are at a point where we need to start evolving, and some people are some people are not moving forward.

Before you say you have no idea what it is like, well i do. i get seasonal depression every year some worse than others and I still get my anxiety, I just have taught myself to deal, basically, and I have over come it. Let me say for the record my anxiety was so bad there for 2 years I refused to leave my house alone. I have overcome that.

Otherwise I am not worried about a drug that i will never take, making us all into zombies, because more than enough people out in the world are already zombies.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Throwing out pro-god/ anti-god viewpoints isn't pertinent to this discussion. Hint hint.

The only way with the current understanding of this drug to treat racism would be to give the drug after a traumatic experience, where race was involved. Which...there would be some difficulties.

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
So is Picrotoxin Procaine, the new coc aine or what? I don't know why people(humans) bother using these drugs that are mostly tested on animals only. If animals become addicted, and chemically dependent on these then so will humans. The withdrawals effects of this stuff is just as bad as anything else on the market.

Basically the OP made it up, is the gist I get.

Not too often do they include the word "toxin" within the name of a drug.

But it would appear some 10 year olds got on their parents computer and started flagging threads...happening more recently.

edit on 2-4-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlecloud
It seems evident that the public is being heavily sedated.
Firstly theres the fluroide that attacks the pinead gland, ritalin that makes hyperactive children (that is children who aren't glued to the televison) motionless, talks of a drug to cure road rage (pretty much sedation through becoming more placid), antidepressants that I only agree with in the worst of cases and dont allow people to deal with their emotional issues and cause them to stagnate AND sometimes even make suicide more likely and now propranolol.

There is something in common with these drugs, the suppression of emotion.
How malliable will the public become when they are absolutely apathetic to the injustice around them? We already have it in mass media when you are liked you are "cool" (cold) or "ill" (sick) "mad" (crazy).
Without emotion, we can be contorted into any form the higher ups wish. The most worrying thing about this however as the OP mentioned that this most definately will be directed to the soilders who are already on a mass amount of medications.

Agreed.

Why is it that the compounds that we hear of that are supposedly beneficial in some way, ALL seem to have some kind of doping (as in dumbing) effect? It's always about repression, hiding something, covering something up, making us "healthier" by allowing us to live in some kind of cloud.

Coincidence? NOT

Why so much attention paid to compounds like these, instead of something like dimethylethanamine, which has the exact opposite affect??? That of expansion and awakening.

]]]]]] note: before I get my knuckles tapped for speaking about drugs, let's please be aware that '___' is a naturally occuring compound in the human body [[[[[[

As far as "Propranolol" well, I think you can all assume how I feel about anything given to a solider that might inhibit his moral base to the point where it would make it easier for him or her to open fire on his or her neighbour (as OP is suggesting)

I do believe this is happening, and it has been for a very long time. Most notably with Fluoride (FLU OR DIE, I like to call it.

The earlier comments of this sounding like the plot in the movie Equilibrium (great movie BTW) had me thinking about a series of books I read years back called the Left Behind Series. It's a 13 book "christian fiction" series that begins just before the rapture and then follows a group of "dissenters" all the way through the tribulation, the appearance of the anti-christ, and eventually the final battle at Armageddon.

In this series, by the time the Antichrist has arrived and taken control, those following him (those that took "the mark") all seem to be hypnotized in some way. They literally cannot see reality the way it is actually played out, right in front of them. They see what this anti-christ wants them to see.

It made me draw a parallel to all these compounds we see today that seem to be nothing more than ways to make those taking them more pliable, docile, and hence OBEDIENT.

There has never been a more prudent time to become self-sufficient IMO. I'm referring to food and anything you may take with regards to "drugs" which are purported to make your like "better". There are always natural ways to arrive at that. Always. We just need to find them.

That seems harder that it should be though eh? I wonder why that is.......

edit on 2-4-2012 by HIWATT because: spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

What if it is already being "fed" to us and that is why we now have a black president ?!?!?!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join