It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday dating sites: 'Don't face the future alone'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- For people who spend every day preparing for disaster -- whether it's a 2012 apocalypse, a nuclear meltdown, an economic collapse, a hurricane or a tsunami -- it can be hard to find a compatible partner.

Canning venison, shooting firearms, living off the grid and creating manure from human waste just aren't traditional interests many people look for when browsing mainstream dating sites like eHarmony or Match.com.

That's why a site called Survivalist Singles has entered the online dating scene, catering specifically to this niche community of "preppers," "survivalists" and "doomsdayers."

Source: CNN Money

Well sounds like a good idea. Mind you I always thought that canning venison and making manure out of sh*t was what all women looked for in a man. As my better half said, "Jewellery, fast cars and big houses are great but your man needs to be able to dig a nuke proof bunker and grow and gather seed for the future."

I can do the last two I guess, but the other? She will have to wait even more years I suppose!

Seriously though folks this IS a good idea because it could put like minded people together and that should make for better relationships than her with the high heels trying to pick up roo dung in the outback! As for smearing it on yourself.............

Survivalist Singles lets him put everything out in the open, he said, and women only contact him if they have similar beliefs or appreciate his lifestyle.

So what do ATS survivalists think of this idea? Good? This is a 'tactic' by the way hence this forum.

Discuss

edit on 29/3/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I think that's a good idea, kind of funny but real.

Check Two of The Following That Best Matches Your Interests....

*fileting
*shooting
*gun cleaning
*making ammunition
*canning
*cooking

Your might not get the prettiest one but you'll be alive
edit on 29-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Not a bad idea I guess.

I just wonder how many are there looking to mooch. Ones that have done nothing and looking for a wing to tuck themselves under.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

You may have a point there but let's face it those ladies or gentlemen who are not into survival skills would pretty soon come unstuck. I don't think there would be much 'taking under the wing' pre-apocalypse. Post apocalypse perhaps but only if they were not going to be a burden on the survival unit, be that a person, couple or small community.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
BWAAHAHAHA!!!!

First meeting always at starbucks.

Meetings 2,3,4,5,6,7.......34, 35 .....61,62.....

also at starbucks lol

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

First meeting always at starbucks.

Good survivalists tactics - well some would think so!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

No meeting survives first contact.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well...seeing as one of my does Gracie, just gave birth to a kid this morning....I'll bring my goats and survivalist skills to the dating table...should I sign up...

Imagine this in my profile pics....

Gracie and new baby. born 3/29/12 52oz.

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Cute - the goats!

Sound like a good scheme.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Im signing up as we speak
JK !! The only problem I can see with that, is if the men I meet are too consumed with that stuff. There's other stuff that you need to be in common with a person besides learning how to start a fire

edit on 29-3-2012 by blackmetalmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
phuggin awesome! so now we can find the love of our life for the end of our life! how romantic!

really is a catchy idea, though...
edit on 3/29/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
JK !! The only problem I can see with that, is if the men I meet are too consumed with that stuff. There's other stuff that you need to be in common with a person besides learning how to start a fire

Exactly....but, after you start that fire, you can sit blissfully together watching caveman TV...don't like the show, throw another log on, change the channel......

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
ATS...how could you guys miss out on this market?!

Well would make for a nice last minute April fools joke, but I'm sure you guys got something cooking.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Exactly....but, after you start that fire, you can sit blissfully together watching caveman TV...don't like the show, throw another log on, change the channel......

lol, well hopefully the guy knows what he is doing. Cause nothing is worse than someone claiming that they know something and they dont, then I'll have to take over. Big NO!
However, love will be the last thing on my mind when SHTF.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

lol, well hopefully the guy knows what he is doing. Cause nothing is worse than someone claiming that they know something and they dont, then I'll have to take over. Big NO!

yeah...i won't be too worried about love...but i might very well be concerned with reproduction (or at least practicing) when things get a little dull on the dark, boring nights!
edit on 3/29/12 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

yeah...i won't be too worried about love...but i might very well be concerned with reproduction (or at least practicing) when things get a little boring on the dark, boring nights!

You won't have time to ponder any practicing if you are on my homestead. I'll have you out with me by lantern light, checking on livestock, mending any holes in the barn, and rounding up new baby goats to put in the shed to keep the great horned owls from grabbing a night snack. When your head hits the pillow...it's be sleep, sweet sweet sleep....

Des

CX

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Sounds ok to me. You get a partner that doesn't mind you spending money on like-minded gear.

That said, when you annoy your partner guys, you then have a woman who is easily as good a shot as you.

Need some more thought on this methinks.

CX.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

boo! you sound like mom!

cute goats, though!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think it is a solid idea! I wish so much that I could find a good mate of like mind for the preps and for future companionship no matter what we may face. Yes, I agree this is a wonderful idea.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

...to keep the great horned owls from grabbing a night snack...

They would do that? Just how big are the birds?

I don't think we have them here. Foxes are all you would need to worry about and the very occasional buzzard.

Maybe bird scaring abilities should be a match requirement. Many blokes would cope with that one

edit on 29/3/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join