It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please read important information within..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
Just came across this video on youtube, not sure what it says about the original? Can you fake a fake? Like if the original was fake would somebody be able to use that data to make a new fake which this obviously is?

Edit: Think it might be a joke video after reading the YT description

edit on 27-3-2012 by Idonthaveabeard because: (no reason given)

I think i really needed to make a thread about this. Someone posted this video on ATS, this is my reply...

Dude...thats my channel

Its a parody....took 2 mins to add superman, had i added motion blur, and a bit of scaling it would have turned out better. I had some time to kill, so i made that and some other lol.

I suggest watching some of my other video....they arent hoaxes, they are kinda poking fun at some of you. Not all of you! There is a certain element in the UFO world, the one that push their hoaxes for monetary gain. One hoaxer earns £600 a month off of a VERY poor ufo video. There is another element which is gullible enough to spread these videos. Not all of you are guilty of this, id image 95% of you realize these things are fake, and take it no further. ie dont post it here.

I feel the need to share this information (about being the video maker) because i have posted several other video's of mine on here in the past. They were all debunking video's, and one about the problem.
This is one of those threads...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Video from thread

This one has 1279 views in 4 days....(there is another vid same name not posted here...that got 286 views, the one on here 983)...this is relevant.

People were saying i was baiting them in this thread about these hoaxer kids. I had made the video because i had searched youtube for UFO videos, and came across many really bad hoaxes. I edited one quickly, uploaded it, then realized id pulled a few things across the timeline and missed putting them in. So i went back, added the bits and then uploaded it. I made a thread because i thought it would be a blunt reminder, that not everyone is genuine, stories are easy to concoct, videos are easy to fake.

It got little attention because, despite the evidence that there are a lot of kids making these, many will deny watching, or actually believing these vids. Im sure there is a small element on here passing these really poor hoaxes around. Not always in the forums but between friends.

My point was, the more people watch and spread these highly dubious videos, the more will pop up. If there is demand, it will be filled. If you are really after the truth....then you have to stop posting videos that you think are most probably fake on here. That superman video has 532 views in 2 days, and im sure it is because you posted it here. My statistics show a huge increase in views based upon being posted here.

Another thread with a vid of mine in...niburu debunk video.

1426 views on this one, 227 on the one not added here.

That thread was not about getting statistics. One upload had sound and could not be monitized (the one in the thread) and the other had no sound...and could be monitized. (148 monitizable views)

As far as im aware they are the only two threads with video's from my channel in.

This started off as a reply, but ended up more of an insight into my intentions with the videos uploaded to my channel. UFO in the title, some cool thumbnail....

(5 mins to make in photoshop....appears as the tumbnail in one vid.

and then reality. A couple are kinda blunt...but if you are offended, dont be...hopefully they make you think. A couple expose the lies.

So...mods, the video posted was not a hoax, none of my videos are, just enticing titles and a dose of reality for the most part. I dont want to be banned, im kinda wary about posting this, but needs must and all that

edit on 28-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

edit on 28-3-2012 by gortex because: My mistake

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Ignoring the fact that you intentionally played along (as discovered by Gortex), I believe most hoaxers (not you, im not calling you a hoaxer) make UFO videos because they really want to see a UFO, but it just never happens.

They want to have some sort of experience so bad, and they want to present their evidence so badly, they resort to faking it and making it up.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Watched what I believe to be the "original" yesterday.

It showed a slinder white object in the same setting.

I think it was faked; as it seemed more of a side, rather than a top, view which I would expect from it's angle relative to the plane and the ground below.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Weather Balloon

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

edit on 28-3-2012 by gortex because: Why bother

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Great. You just proved that you can literally throw a bag of dung against a wall, film it, claim whatever you want it to be and you will find plenty of folk online that will believe. We knew that already? Didn't we? I mean, you really had to go out of your way to prove this to yourself? You do read this forum, right?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Even George Noory,of Coast to Coast fame admitted he's never seen a UFO and he hangs with the crowds that stand on mountsintops with nightvision gear..This gets old...it's like Bigfoot....as many people in this country with guns,don't you think over the last,say,200 years somebody would have bagged one by now?Cowboys,Daniel Boone or Crockett?Mountain Men and trappers?Rednecks in pick up trucks w coon hounds?C'mon folks
edit on 28-3-2012 by Bullypulpit because: Needed to be done

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Neat Video!
I love superman. Good to see him back in action. To bad you didn't have him fly over to the wing and wave. You would really have a lot of traffic on your Utube channel.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Very disappointing , as if there weren't enough youtubers pulling this crap

Could you not have let the cat out of the bag before page 12 on the other thread .

Whats worse is you felt the need to play along , just one of your posts on that thread .
Sad

Quoted post....25th march, i made the video on the 26th, so that point is invalid
I never played along with anything. Had i wanted to play along....id have not bothered posting this thread.

Page 12....unless i can time travel, to know what im going to do the following day...sorry dude. Bad attempt to discredit me
I made the video on the 26th....and i only replied to the thread because i saw my video in it.

ETA: A bit of a misunderstanding

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

edit on 28-3-2012 by gortex because: Why bother

no bother

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If these videos are hoaxes then the mods might consider putting them where they belong.

People that deceive are liars, and personally I refuse to deal with liars.

I had to deal with liars and scoundrels for 20+ years working in offices.

“Liars are the cause of all the sins and crimes in the world.” - Epictetus quotes (Greek philosopher associated with the Stoics, AD 55-c.135)

People that are gifted enough to make believable videos should be looking for work in Hollywood and if you post on You Tube, clearly announce this is a manufactured fictional video not a reality video.

"Omission of a truth is the same as a lie - Sir Thomas Moore"

edit on 28-3-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

I never played along with anything. I posted the video the following day. Thought it would be a laugh and it appears many do see the funny side. If you look at the videos on my page, most are parody vids.

I only came on ATS today, so missed pages 7 through 12. Once i saw my video on page 12....not page 6 or 7 or any other page, i wrote this thread. Had someone posted it on any page proceeding the page i commented on...id have pointed it out there and then. I wouldnt have played along as Gortex suggests.

Facts....not fiction people. If you are going to accuse me of something, please at least get your facts straight

edit on 28-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: to remove some text that was no longer needed

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I got the wrong end of the stick , edited post .
Sorry

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I got the wrong end of the stick , edited post .
Sorry

No problem my man....edited my posts to reflect your edit lol.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Great experiment OP....

With this information I feel less crazy

thank you!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Let me make myself clear that I posted that video on the thread with the origional video because it was an obvious fake??

I dont know if you thought I posted it because I thought it was real? I made it pretty clear in the post I knew it was fake and even said at the bottom that I realised it was a joke about the original. Not sure what your point is tbh?

top topics

join