It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich charging $50 for photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The National Journal was the first to cover this late last night.
nationaljournal.com...

Title is pretty self explanatory. As a campaign fundraiser, Gingrich is charging his followers $50 to take a picture with him. I know this has been done before and all candidates fundraiser different. I have two main questions for my fellow ATSers.

1. Do you think this is a sign of desperation, dedication, a way to try to decrease his debt for he has to opt out of the race?

2. Take Gingrich out of the picture, because some of us have strong feelings against him. Would you pay $50 to take a picture with the candidate you are backing?

I'll share what I think, and this is just personal opinion. I think Gingrich is looney. I feel as if he is extremely desperate to ask his followers for this. People that have the money to donate would donate. The economy is so screwed up that at this point, I would not pay $50 to take a picture with anyone especially because those who would be asking for the money are already much wealthier than I am.

I apologize if this has already been posted, I searched, but the function has its flaws

Edit: on a funner note, the reason I posted this is because I was watching Late Night with Conan and he made a joke "Gingrich charging $50 for a photo with him. You can pay $100 if you'd like a photo without him"
edit on 27-3-2012 by headorheart because: .

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Personally? Yes.... If Ron Paul had made himself available while in Springfield recently for a personal photo I could hang on my wall as a genuine original, then I'd have considered $50 a small price for a lifetime memory. The way it's being reported reeks of desperation, that is for sure. Newt also isn't the highest on my list of ethical or effective leaders. On this one though......his only fault would seem to be selling himself awfully short.

Michelle Obama Charges $10,000 per photo at L.A. Fundraiser

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think i vomited in my mouth reading title to thread

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

yah I just vomited again WTF are people that stupid???????

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Unfortunately,politicians nowadays employ all sorts of fund raising tactics,see below,

www.bbc.co.uk...

However,on a lighter note, Mr.Gingrich would have to pay me $50 to get a photo of his ugly mug next to mine!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

If I were in a room with Gingrich and a photo journalist, I might pay the photographer 50 bucks to make sure any photo taken of Gingrich did NOT have me in it.
Does that count?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I would pay the 50 bones to have a pic taken with Gingrich, but ONLY if I got to dress up as Jesus, so I could look at him with shame and disgust, and then point to a flaming hole in the floor that I want him to jump into.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'd pay 50 for a picture with him I can always tell everyone that I know the Michelin man.

Second line

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I don't know where I originally got this from but it was in my ATS image directory and this thread came instantly to mind. On Second thought...I would pay $50 for a picture with Newt. I could use it to scare small children with and show my Grandchildren how close the world came to having this as a US President.

top topics

join