It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buran found in Arabia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The famous Russian Space Shuttle Buran has been found in Arabia
English source:
www.mosnews.com...

German source with more Pictures
www.spiegel.de...

This Shuttle was on exhibition in Australia and was brought to Bahrain for another exhibition where it stranded.
It will be shipped to a german museum in 04 or early 05.

I hope it'll be here fast ^^

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hard to believe it was lost. I'm suprised the Russians don't want it back, but why would they I suppose.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
If I was Russia, I would either want it back or they pay me for them to keep it.

Russia sunk alot of money in the program, They should at least get to put it in one of there museums.

E_T

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
If this sized things are so easy to lost I wonder how well they can keep track on their nukes.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   

If this sized things are so easy to lost I wonder how well they can keep track on their nukes.

Thanks for the comforting thought....

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wow, they lost THAT, thats really scary...like that one person said I wonder how they keep there nukes

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
They did not exactly lose it.
The shuttle was owned by NPO Molniy, a russian company. They leased it to some guy who did not pay for it. They sued him and then the shuttle stranded.
I wonder if the arabs took it apart or if it was in that condition when it came to the exhibition. I heard the Russians removed the Flight Computers because they use the same model in their ICBMs but this shuttle is literally torn to pieces.

[edit on 24/9/04 by tsuribito]

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsuribito
The famous Russian Space Shuttle Buran has been found in Arabia
English source:
www.mosnews.com...

German source with more Pictures
www.spiegel.de...

This Shuttle was on exhibition in Australia and was brought to Bahrain for another exhibition where it stranded.
It will be shipped to a german museum in 04 or early 05.

I hope it'll be here fast ^^

More info about the Analog Buran test article (OK-GLI) and its eventual disposition after the end of flight testing is found at this link:
aerospaceweb.org...

posted on Mar, 18 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Potlatch

Thank you for the update! At first I thought it was thread necromancy, but your post was definitely on-topic. Also, the site you linked is very informative. Bookmarked.

new topics

top topics

join