It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ministers plan major immigration crackdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, is planning a major immigration crackdown on tens of thousands of people who "abuse" family visas to settle in Britain, according to a leaked cabinet letter.The letter from Mrs May to Nick Clegg, which has been seen by The Sunday Telegraph, proposes a tough new minimum income of £25,700 a year for anyone seeking to bring a spouse, partner or dependant to the UK from outside the European Union from June - almost double the current threshold of £13,700

The leaked letter suggests that Mrs May is determined to take a tough stance on immigration. In the 12 months until June 2011 the "net" figure for arrivals in Britain was 250,000 - making it virtually impossible for David Cameron to hit his target of bringing the figure down below 100,000 by 2015. The figure was just 5,000 short of the previous record.

The Home Secretary tells Mr Clegg that outline plans for a reduction in numbers who come to Britain through the "family route" won "broad public support" in the coalition's consultation last year.

At last someone with a pair of balls (for a woman lol)
or is this just another cabinet war
i think it is so i wont clap my hands just yet..
dave

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 25-3-2012 by davesmart because: link

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
At last someone with a pair of balls (for a woman lol)
or is this just another cabinet war
i think it is so i wont clap my hands just yet..

dave

The problem is that Westminster has many pressure groups which often wield influence well out of proportion to their size, which stops anything getting done.

One particularly powerful one is big business which rather likes those cheap immigrants.

new topics

join